Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Travels of "Large Ass" Herzog (photo log) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135841)

CobbSpikedMe 04-14-2024 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2426434)
Don’t forget to show him the basement.

(Hopefully that’s not too obscure a reference, lol)

I got it Justin. :D:rolleyes:

Jobu 04-14-2024 11:57 AM

Hopefully all of these three can happen --- meeting Tom Brady, looking for Pee Wee's bike, and heading to Iceland would be a pretty stellar summer for Large Ass.

todeen 04-16-2024 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2426674)
Hopefully all of these three can happen --- meeting Tom Brady, looking for Pee Wee's bike, and heading to Iceland would be a pretty stellar summer for Large Ass.

There are some plans in the work. He's on his way to see Brady. But others have lined up to claim him too. He should see some great places this summer.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

bcookie 04-16-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2427218)
There are some plans in the work. He's on his way to see Brady. But others have lined up to claim him too. He should see some great places this summer.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Let me know if he wats to try and find the bike..

StraightRaceCards 04-25-2024 05:30 PM

Update on LA Herzog

Can happily report that I safely received the infamous “Large Ass” this afternoon.

He will be joining me on a camping trip on the Brazos next weekend and hopefully another adventure that will be a completely new experience for our slabbed friend Mr. Herzog

Looking forward to sharing the journey!

Leon 04-28-2024 05:07 PM

Large Ass has had quite the go of it...He must be some kind of triple platinum miles candidate, by now.

StraightRaceCards 05-15-2024 08:58 AM

The Travels of Large Ass Herzog

3 Attachment(s)
An update on the infamous Large Ass...

-He was supposed to go to Texas Rangers game with me, but unfortunately didn't make in time. Oh well, next time Bucky! Maybe he can bring back some health to our starting rotation...

-Bucky joined in on a father-son campout, which he thoroughly enjoyed. It ended up raining all weekend, so he was glad to spend most of his time indoors, and went a short hike that I forgot to document...

-Lastly, Buck experienced what I think is a first for him. He helped welcome our 3rd child, Merritt Anne Galvin into the world! I had to cover his eyes for the more graphic parts, which he was thankful for.

Turns out, Merritt shares a birthday with Ed Walsh, so I had to commemorate the moment...!

Very special for us as we have lost 2 kids in the last 2 years from miscarriages, one who was a girl. So our hearts are full of gratitude for our girl Merritt arriving!

Thank you Large Ass for accompanying me the journey!

Maybe 10 or 15 years down the road Merritt can take a picture with him....

Now, who wants LA Herzog next?

I can ship him out later this weekend or early next week once we get a couple more hours of sleep :)

milkit1 05-15-2024 10:09 AM

Amazing post Matt! Thanks for sharing

frankbmd 05-16-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2426438)
I don't think Large Ass has been to Iceland. Let me know if he is interested. I'm leaving in 4 weeks. I'll throw in Amsterdam and Norway as well.

I’ll have to throw out Amsterdam now. Have already left. In Norway now, but he would never find me here or in Iceland.

I do think Large Ass deserves a visit to the Blue Lagoon though.