Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Show...me...your print variations! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187722)

Tripredacus 09-27-2018 01:43 PM

for a while I considered doing a master set of 1988 Topps for variations, but there is just too much. And I don't want to end up in the hole I did for 1990 Pro Set football, having over 10k cards of doubles I can't even give away. Now I just manage to keep the extreme printing errors from 1988 Topps, such as the diamond cuts, ink smears or extreme shifts. Printing errors in 1988 Topps are super common, so if you want an easy set to get those kinds of cards in, it would be a great set for that type of collection.

savedfrommyspokes 10-02-2018 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Found this 59 572 card with a limited but recurring white print flare under "News"....

Sliphorn 10-02-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1816901)
Found this 59 572 card with a limited but recurring white print flare under "News"....

Thanks for posting. One thing I always need to do, and almost forgot with this one, is to look at what I already have first, before buying the needed variation. I started to pull the trigger on a COMC version of this but went to my shelf and saw that mine had this white line and simply bought a nice regular version that I now needed. I pushed the easy button on this one.

savedfrommyspokes 10-03-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliphorn (Post 1817015)
Thanks for posting. One thing I always need to do, an almost forgot with this one, is to look at what I already have first, before buying the needed vacation. I started to pull the trigger on a COMC version of this but went to my shelf and saw that mine had this white line and simply bought a nice regular version that I now needed. I pushed the easy button on this one.

I have the same problem...remembering to check my set also....however, if I already have the "variation", I then feel compelled to buy the regular copy of the card.

Whenever a variation shows up in this thread, if I already have it, it is fun to watch and see how quick the available copy sells on COMC or ebay. The quickest I have seen is about 15 minutes from post to purchase.... was almost disappointed that this Pierce took most of the afternoon to sell.

ALR-bishop 10-03-2018 07:38 AM

The older I get , the slower I move.

Plus, when I end up having the variant and then need to buy the "normal" card, it often costs more than the variant originally.

bnorth 10-04-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1817117)
I have the same problem...remembering to check my set also....however, if I already have the "variation", I then feel compelled to buy the regular copy of the card.

Whenever a variation shows up in this thread, if I already have it, it is fun to watch and see how quick the available copy sells on COMC or ebay. The quickest I have seen is about 15 minutes from post to purchase.... was almost disappointed that this Pierce took most of the afternoon to sell.

LOL, I do the same thing. It is funny how a $.99 card is bought and relisted at $10 within minutes of being posted on here.

savedfrommyspokes 10-04-2018 02:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1817290)
LOL, I do the same thing. It is funny how a $.99 card is bought and relisted at $10 within minutes of being posted on here.

Just for some fun on an otherwise boring day so far, let's see if there are any takers on this one(I saw at least 2 on ebay)...limited, but recurring, small border break on the right border. My bet is on Al if he doesn't already have it and he's awake yet.

ALR-bishop 10-04-2018 04:02 PM

Maybe after my cataract surgery

savedfrommyspokes 10-08-2018 12:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hadn't noticed this one until today....white flare above Sparky's 1st name. Appears to be recurring but limited.

ALR-bishop 10-08-2018 01:52 PM

I already had one of these in my set when I looked, but do not remember how I found out about it . Are you sure it was not posted in here earlier ? I am too lazy to look :)