Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Anyone Else Collecting a 1987 Topps Autographed Set? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201961)

Topps206 03-31-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1521441)
Ok, so I have a very slight complaint about this thread...

I would appreciate it much more if you posted pictures of each card, so that we can more follow your journey.

Just telling us that you got something is a bit of a "big deal, I got stuff today too" kind of thing. As long as you're going to tell us that you got it, show it to us.

Also, are all 792 cards "signable"? If I remember correctly, there are 6 checklist cards in this set, and they do not have pictures on them, so really there are only 786 cards in the set (or less) to get signed. Your total at the moment should be 264 / (amount that can get signed).

See, I just helped knock 6 cards off you want list.

You're welcome.

Doug

This comes across as a bit high and mighty to me.

Checklists are numbered and count, so do Team Leaders.

Also, I did post before but I can't do it from my phone and my laptop doesn't run like it used to.

MacDice 03-31-2016 10:01 PM

For the team cards I would get Peter Uberoth to sign them since he was the commissioner. In the past I have see a lot of set collectors get Sy Berger to sign them.

I am working on a 57 set and thankful the checklists aren't numbered cards :)

Topps206 04-01-2016 06:44 AM

I've gotten checklists signed but just by players on the checklist.

Republicaninmass 04-01-2016 06:54 AM

Try finding those pesky managers from the 1952 topps set, or umpires from 1955!

Thanks for the updates

doug.goodman 04-01-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topps206 (Post 1521556)
This comes across as a bit high and mighty to me.

Checklists are numbered and count, so do Team Leaders.

Also, I did post before but I can't do it from my phone and my laptop doesn't run like it used to.

I certainly don't mean to come across as high and mighty.

I see that leaders cards would be signed, I assume by the players pictured, but who would sign the checklist card? If it's any player listed on the card, then don't you need to get a card signed by every player in oder to have a complete set?

Ultimately, I'm just asking for pictures of your new pickups, instead of a list of what you are picking up. If that comes across as high and mighty, well sorry.

Doug "watching you all from atop my mountain" Goodman

Scott Garner 04-01-2016 11:12 AM

How's the view up there, Doug? :p

rats60 04-01-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDice (Post 1521635)
For the team cards I would get Peter Uberoth to sign them since he was the commissioner. In the past I have see a lot of set collectors get Sy Berger to sign them.

I am working on a 57 set and thankful the checklists aren't numbered cards :)

There is a turn back the clock card of Clemente. So you really can't have a complete signed set.

MacDice 04-01-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1521694)
Try finding those pesky managers from the 1952 topps set, or umpires from 1955!

Thanks for the updates

Try finding a 1957 Dodgers Sluggers card signed by Furillo, Dodgers, Campy and Snider...

MacDice 04-01-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 1521822)
There is a turn back the clock card of Clemente. So you really can't have a complete signed set.

Roberto Clemente Jr signed?

sbfinley 04-01-2016 02:25 PM

For my sets I have a key player from the checklist sign or someone interesting. Sy Berger was a popular checklist signature while he was living. My friend had key political figures from his set years sign the checklists. The possibilities are really open for it. Vera Clemente is a popular choice for for that TBTC issue. Really, saying it's incompletable because a specific card can't be signed is like saying the monster can't be completed because you'll likely never own a Wagner, Plank, or Doyle. You can collect to the extent you please.