Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BUY/SELL/TRADE (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63049)

Archive 01-31-2003 04:48 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>Got an Old judge Ewing instead of a Mayo; have two takers on my Galvin; got (getting) an E98 Brown ( The green background one that shows his hand).<BR><BR>Still need T205 Joss, Tobin Lithograph Ferguson; and whatever 132-94 T202s is.

Archive 01-31-2003 04:49 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Brian H.</b><p>I'm not sure how high this Hobby no stats will go. But if I can't win it, I hope it goes to a collector who needs it for his one set. (not an investor or someone who already has one or two of them and is accumulating them).<BR>........By the way Tbob et al how many do you think there are out there ?<BR>

Archive 01-31-2003 05:46 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>Barry Sloate estimates about a dozen but the way I figure it must be more... as PSA's population report shows 8 cards graded. I can't tell from SGC's pop report how many they have graded but there is at least the one from Sloate's auction. Then of course there must be some that are not graded. So all in all at least two dozen or so. I would love to have it but for 8K or so it ain't gonna happen. Good luck all!

Archive 01-31-2003 06:20 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>I don't get the scarcity of this card and would be glad to hear any opinions. The T205 Shean Cubs is, like Hobby No Stats, also found only with an Hassan back, yet it appears for sale much more often. So often, in fact, that I'm beginning to wonder if Lew Lipset's T card section on T205's accurately gauged how hard the Shean and Graham Cubs cards are.

Archive 01-31-2003 07:32 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>does Sloate have a website?

Archive 01-31-2003 07:44 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Barry has a web site that pictures the cards in the auction but does not allow bidding. Unfortunately, I don't remember the address. If you call Barry at 718-855-7513 I'm sure he can give you the information.

Archive 01-31-2003 08:04 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>This thread is getting a bit long so let's start up a new thread on Monday Feb. 2/03. First one out of the gate should start the thread.

Archive 01-31-2003 08:06 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>www.oneplacemedia.com/sloateauction

Archive 01-31-2003 08:53 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>First Last</b><p>Thanks for the website.

Archive 02-01-2003 02:16 PM

BUY/SELL/TRADE

Posted By: <b>Ed McCollum</b><p>Scott,<BR><BR>I've always been interested in these sheets, if it is what I am thinking of. Front and back of a card, glued to a ledger sheet with expected date of delivery? Saw one of these at auction (maestro) about three years ago, but it went for way more than I could afford (American Beauty). Could you send a scan of this, if still available? Thanks. <BR><BR>Ed McCollum<BR>emccollum@baileylauerman.com