Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question How long to pay for ebay item (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=145081)

egbeachley 02-14-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosoxfan (Post 967080)
So I decided, as a buyer, I am no longer leaving positive feedback for sellers until they leave me feedback.
I have a pretty good idea why they don't, I'm still not doing it. It's just the principal of it.

any thoughts?

Yes, my thoughts are that feedback should be initiated by the buyer as an indication that the product was received and all is well. Much more efficient than sending multiple emails of sending, delivered, satisfied, etc. Then the seller can reciprocate.

HRBAKER 02-14-2012 03:16 PM

I am an ebay buyer only, I really don't care if the seller leaves me feedback or not. If I get an item, it is properly described, properly shipped - then I leave feedback accordingly as a service to other buyers. If I win an item and pay for it, theoretically feedback should be left then as I have discharged fully my part of the transaction unless leaving the buyer feedback is now considered part of the transaction.

Again with the way the ebay FB program has migrated to the seller's side of the scale to me it is basically useless.

Jaybird 02-14-2012 03:42 PM

since a seller cannot leave negative feedback on a buyer, how has it migrated to the seller's side?

HRBAKER 02-14-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird (Post 967143)
since a seller cannot leave negative feedback on a buyer, how has it migrated to the seller's side?

That was a mistype, I certainly meant the buyer's side. Forgive me.

Bigb13 02-15-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by bosoxfan
So I decided, as a buyer, I am no longer leaving positive feedback for sellers until they leave me feedback.
I have a pretty good idea why they don't, I'm still not doing it. It's just the principal of it.

any thoughts? I could not have said it better I will start doing the same us buyers must stick together. Rob

Runscott 02-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 967297)
Originally Posted by bosoxfan

any thoughts? I could not have said it better I will start doing the same us buyers must stick together. Rob

I think there are better things to use your energy for. Either as a buyer or as a seller, I leave feedback when it crosses my mind or when someone asks me to. It eventually gets left for everyone I had a transaction for, regardless of whether or not they left it for me. I am way, way, way on the short side regarding feedback, but who cares?

jcmtiger 02-15-2012 09:25 AM

I leave feedback as a seller as soon as I receive payment. Sometimes buyers leave feedback, sometimes not, I really don't care. If the buyer is not satisfied we work out a solution.

As a buyer I leave feedback when the item arrives.

Seems simple.

Joe

wondo 02-15-2012 02:18 PM

I chart all feedback that is left for me and rate it before leaving any. If a person takes the time to write original feedback, that certainly weighs more than the system generated options from ebay. I would never think of mixing the two. If multiple listed items make up the order, I rate on the variety of feedback as well as the number of words; using the Scrabble point system is helpful, but obviously just a guide. Punctuation counts, too. If anyone wants my feedback rating Excel spreadsheet, just drop a line.

slidekellyslide 02-15-2012 02:38 PM

I just left feedback a few moments ago for an item I won and it looks like ebay has done away with stars and now you have choices like "Very Satisfied", "Satisfied", et cetera...IMO this looks like ebay's way to get those DSR's on top rated sellers to go lower..then they can take away their 20% discount on selling fees. The threshold for which is an unbelievably high bar..one ticked off buyer (or just an incredibly dumb one) can cost a seller hundreds of dollars a month.

D. Bergin 02-15-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 967404)
I just left feedback a few moments ago for an item I won and it looks like ebay has done away with stars and now you have choices like "Very Satisfied", "Satisfied", et cetera...IMO this looks like ebay's way to get those DSR's on top rated sellers to go lower..then they can take away their 20% discount on selling fees. The threshold for which is an unbelievably high bar..one ticked off buyer (or just an incredibly dumb one) can cost a seller hundreds of dollars a month.

Good lord. I can see it now.

In the area of "Communication" this seller rates a "Very Satisfie....."