Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My whole collection gone (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187925)

JoeyF1981 05-19-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1277968)
Or else what? You'll agree to buy a card from me and then claim your grandmother died again?

Lol...what a douche

calvindog 05-19-2014 07:11 PM

I thought you were done arguing? Or is this you being "man enough" again?

By the way, I received 12 emails or PMs from board members who also think your story about losing your entire collection is bullshit. 12. Not 9 but 12.

Edited to add: in the past 15 minutes, two more people messaged me claiming you were a fraud -- recently, not two years ago. Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rld=true&rt=nc

gnaz01 05-19-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1277971)
Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

Wow, Jeff, just WOW!! Thanks for pointing this out :eek:

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 05-19-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1277971)
I thought you were done arguing? Or is this you being "man enough" again?

By the way, I received 12 emails or PMs from board members who also think your story about losing your entire collection is bullshit. 12. Not 9 but 12.

Edited to add: in the past 15 minutes, two more people messaged me claiming you were a fraud -- recently, not two years ago. Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

Why are all of the negative comments marked with positive feedback? This is why people need to leave accurate feedback. If it was negative then say it was.

gregr2 05-19-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards (Post 1277992)
Why are all of the negative comments marked with positive feedback? This is why people need to leave accurate feedback. If it was negative then say it was.

Good point, I was wondering the same thing.

horzverti 05-19-2014 07:47 PM

Ebay sellers cannot leave a negative or neutral feedback anymore.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 05-19-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horzverti (Post 1277997)
Ebay sellers cannot leave a negative or neutral feedback anymore.

Why did eBay make that change?

Runscott 05-19-2014 07:48 PM

Joey had some bad times (all his fault) as 'Black Italian'. Hopefully there isn't a relapse, as he's a very passionate photo collector.

gregr2 05-19-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1278000)
You can't leave negative for a buyer, only for sellers.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

thecatspajamas 05-19-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards (Post 1277999)
Why did eBay make that change?

Supposedly there were too many buyers afraid to leave negative feedback for sellers who deserved it lest they should get retaliatory negative feedback in return. That was the line from eBay anyway. Real reason is anybody's guess, but it's completely skewed the feedback system to a laughable degree ever since.

Just another example of eBay going after a fly with a 2x4, smacking everyone in the head in the process.

calvindog 05-19-2014 07:56 PM

FIVE negative feedbacks from FIVE different sellers for nonpayment in the past 4 1/2 months. Same bullshit excuses he gave two years ago. Plus another eBay seller messaged me about another very recent fraud of Joey's. that's six.

Hey Joey -- who's the douche now?

calvindog 05-19-2014 08:03 PM

Another Joey Farino eBay ID with FIVE MORE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS for nonpayment in the past THREE months (that's 10 if anyone's counting):

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayI...ab=AllFeedback

Peter_Spaeth 05-19-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1278004)
Just another example of eBay going after a fly with a 2x4, smacking everyone in the head in the process.

Lichtman would approve. :D:D

Lordstan 05-19-2014 08:42 PM

While I cannot defend any non payment issues that may be present, I can comment on my own experience. I have had multiple deals with Joey that were completed without any issues. He paid and shipped items to me immediately.
I'm not trying to start an argument. Just stating my experience with him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

irishdenny 05-19-2014 09:49 PM

"Say it isn't So Joe?"

7nohitter 05-20-2014 03:23 AM

Joey-
That IS a ton of non payments-and the use of different ID's?

calvindog 05-20-2014 05:30 AM

So far I've found 9 different eBay IDs for Joey Farino with numerous of them having negative feedback for nonpayment -- all within the past year.

frankbmd 05-20-2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1277969)
Lol...what a douche

Is it safe to say, they didn't take Joey's mirror?

ergoism 05-20-2014 08:36 AM

Police report

Joey, let's see that police report. :D

Sean1125 05-20-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ergoism (Post 1278141)
Joey, let's see that police report. :D

That would be the first logical thing to do... Wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Runscott 05-20-2014 09:53 AM

We've had a few forum members like Joey in the past, who bought tons of stuff then tried to slow themselves down by selling a little, and it didn't work out for them. They still ran out of bucks and then we started seeing weird behavior. Some problem was apparently under control for a year or so, and now it isn't. Beating the shite out of the guy here isn't going to help. We all know he's developed a passion for vintage photos, and that apparently kept him away from past habits that caused him trouble. It looks like he's trying to channel his rekindled 'buy and not pay' problem through ebay rather than here, where he's trying to maintain his hobby social life.

Yeah, I'm making excuses for him. I was more skeptical than anyone when he joined Net54 - I ignored his emails, then questioned him about 'blackitalian'. Eventually I just laid back and watched, and saw him handle himself well for two years. Personally, I like seeing people fix their problems. Now, if he screws me I'll latch into him like a pit bull, and I don't blame anyone else for doing the same, but outside of that I'd prefer to see him get a handle on this.

toyman55 05-20-2014 10:12 AM

After reading all these posts wouldn't it be easy to check with the local police to see if a robbery was reported. I am sure if someone robbed me I would have the police there asap.

Runscott 05-20-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyman55 (Post 1278175)
After reading all these posts wouldn't it be easy to check with the local police to see if a robbery was reported. I am sure if someone robbed me I would have the police there asap.

I don't understand why anyone who doesn't believe him even cares - I can't think of any scam that could relate to the story as he's told it, and I know for a fact that he lives in a sketchy area. As long as he's not asking anyone for money, I have no inclination to make him prove himself. If anyone ends up buying his Joe Jackson Kriendler and wants me to pick it up for them, I have no problem with that.

Leon 05-20-2014 10:47 AM

There is a reason Joey (hi Joey) is STILL NOT allowed on the BST.

I am about 50/50 on his story....maybe a bit less.

Since Joey ISN'T allowed on the BST how else would he be able to advertise his painting for sale if not for this? I am not saying anything funny is going on, just pointing some stuff out.

BTW, I am close to 100% in agreement with Jeff on this.....for those keeping score.

And Scott, yes on the forum Joey is great. On the BST, not so much......

bn2cardz 05-21-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1278190)
Since Joey ISN'T allowed on the BST how else would he be able to advertise his painting for sale if not for this? I am not saying anything funny is going on, just pointing some stuff out.

Was this thread determined to just be a fluffed BST thread on the main board? Or are there missing collectibles that we should be on the look out for?

ramram 05-21-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1278424)
Was this thread determined to just be a fluffed BST thread on the main board? Or are there missing collectibles that we should be on the look out for?

Well, unless a police report shows up on here I'd say the former.

Rob M.

Leon 05-21-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1278424)

Either once or twice I had to tell Joey not to sell stuff on the main forums as he has been banned from the BST the whole time he has been back on the board, after he was banned long ago. I don't know if this new story of the theft is real or not. I think it's very legitimate to question it, historically speaking.

Some folks question why he is still allowed on the board at all? Well, first of all my goal is to not ban anyone. But there are instances where it's warranted and so be it. There are other instances, like this one, where it's a difficult decision on what to do. As most all of the posters can see, Joey is a great forum participant EXCEPT for his transactions. So, he isn't allowed on the BST but is allowed to engage otherwise. And at the end of the day, don't we all need a little drama so we can make another batch of popcorn and watch :) ?

Runscott 05-21-2014 09:05 AM

My apologies for offering to be a middleman for the Kreindler painting sale. Until yesterday morning, I didn't realize that Joey was banned from B/S/T.

Despite the fights, forum members here tend to be very forgiving, as they hope that even someone who behaves very badly really wants to turn things around, even if they might be finding it almost impossible. This is good as long as no one gets ripped off permanently <=== this is kind of an excuse for not supporting Jeff's comments more vocally, but Jeff was spot-on in everything he said.

bn2cardz 05-21-2014 09:09 AM

I don't see anywhere were he lists things that are missing, only lists things that aren't missing and has been found. It seems that if he wants us to keep our eyes open there should be a list of missing items.

So at this point I can see why people would be under the assumption that this is a ruse to sell some items and maybe get a few extra sympathy dollars thrown on top of the sale.

slidekellyslide 05-21-2014 09:55 AM

I gotta tell you the very first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was disbelief, but I know he's been a good poster here for a while now so gave him the benefit of the doubt...did not even know he was still banned from the BST.

I doubt he'll come back after this one (although he seems to be checking the board frequently the last few days)...how do you explain all those ebay ID's with the non paying bidder messages?

Jay Wolt 05-21-2014 10:04 AM

This thread even made it to CU
apparently he's well known over there too!

MikeKam 05-21-2014 02:07 PM

Removed

6-4-3memorabilia 05-21-2014 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pretty much the perfect saying for this thread

7nohitter 05-21-2014 02:57 PM

Have we seen the last of Joey?

slidekellyslide 05-21-2014 03:11 PM

He was logged in two hours ago reading this thread. I can't imagine what is keeping him silent though.

doug.goodman 05-21-2014 03:14 PM

His threads are nothing if not entertaining...

Deertick 05-21-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1278601)
Have we seen the last of Joey?

“Shame was an emotion he had abandoned years earlier. Addicts know no shame. You disgrace yourself so many times you become immune to it.”
― John Grisham, The Testament

Augy44 05-21-2014 03:32 PM

Can someone explain (I'm sure Joey could explain best) why somebody would spend the time to research and agree to purchase an item and then just end all communication and/or not pay for the item? Is it just because they change their minds or do they truly get pleasure out of it because they can hide behind a keyboard and usually away with it?

calvindog 05-21-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Augy44 (Post 1278621)
Can someone explain (I'm sure Joey could explain best) why somebody would spend the time to research and agree to purchase an item and then just end all communication and/or not pay for the item? Is it just because they change their minds or do they truly get pleasure out of it because they can hide behind a keyboard and usually away with it?

You're attempting to understand the criminal mind. He's a criminal, plain and simple, and there are no good answers as to why he does what he does, over and over. Keep in mind that he had defrauded numerous people over the past year including people on Net 54 -- but that didn't stop him from attacking me publicly, claiming that he's been an angel for two years. He had to know he would get caught but couldn't control his impulses to lie and cheat. And just because he's also plainly a moron doesn't mean he's not capable of a serious fraud. Give him time, he'll get there.

Bugsy 05-21-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Augy44 (Post 1278621)

Looks like he uses several methods to manipulate sellers into lowering prices...

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=918355

7nohitter 05-21-2014 03:48 PM

Joey-

We know you're looking at this thread! Any comments?

calvindog 05-21-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1278610)
He was logged in two hours ago reading this thread. I can't imagine what is keeping him silent though.

Why is this fraudster still allowed to log in? I thought he was banned.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 05-21-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1278643)
Why is this fraudster still allowed to log in? I thought he was banned.

I don't think Leon banned him for this.

MikeKam 05-21-2014 05:21 PM

Obviously avoiding this as he just posted here:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/gr...ource=activity

MikeKam 05-21-2014 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like this is the end of that.

calvindog 05-21-2014 06:24 PM

Just got this from Farino:

"You dumb f*ck.. criminal mind??!! Lol...now i know youre a idiot. I obviously have a ebay problem i need to address as far as paying for items. I havent frauded anybody you douche. I never lied about who i was or ripped anyone off. Ask numerous people on this forum. Ebay is my own issue that i obviously need to get a grip on. Your comments are hysterical because you really dont know shit. Youre just another kirk keith."

Leon, isn't it time he gets banned? I'm not sure what else he needs to do to merit it.

PS: under/over on the number of teeth in his fiance's head. I'm guessing 7.

doug.goodman 05-21-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1278752)
PS: under/over on the number of teeth in his fiance's head. I'm guessing 7.

Do those life-size dolls have teeth?

7nohitter 05-21-2014 07:06 PM

Well, looks like he's done....

bender07 05-21-2014 07:42 PM

He's online now PMing some lucky soul.

calvindog 05-21-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender07 (Post 1278802)
He's online now PMing some lucky soul.

That would be me:

"Hey douche: im sorry but running onto a forum running your mouth is some bitch shit. Thats something a female does. Get your balls outta your vagina and talk to me like a man."

Not only can't Joey Farino spell "irony" but he can't even bother to look it up in a dictionary.