Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Woowee! Show us your Christie's wins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244048)

btcarfagno 08-25-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1694657)
Ok I have a million dollar idea, please remember me with whoever runs with it.

Photos are exploding!

PSA holders are butt ugly!

Someone come up with an authentication service with a vintage frame looking holder, that actually adds to the photo not subtracts.

Rhys?
Tom C?
Ben?
AJ?
KevLewis?
Other Paul?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Somebody!

Send beer in lieu of payment.

Definitely don't include me on vintage photos. I don't know my ass from my elbow on the topic. I just buy what I like.

Tom C

Al C.risafulli 08-25-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

She also stated their shipping rates were high because they build "custom crates" to deliver the merchandise.
This is true. I won the 1886 Wolverines photo from the last auction, and the box was so nice I almost put the photo in the attic and hung the crate on the wall.

-Al

Bicem 08-25-2017 04:41 PM

Lots of deals to be had, but a lot of really strong prices too.

I have to admit their lot closing format was super crazy but a lot of fun!

Forever Young 08-25-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherbener (Post 1694649)
I do hate those holders!! Amazing stuff as always Ben!! Love that La Azora Cobbie!

Thank you Paul. The Joe Jizno is outstanding.

Ben

Big Six 08-26-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan (Post 1694302)
Yeah I guess I could have got lucky last time around. I remember having to call them to work it out. It makes sense though that if I don't have to pay tax if they ship, why should I have to pay tax if I have someone else do the shipping? If a non NY resident picks up the items in person to ship why would they have to pay tax? Anyway will try it again this time around and see what happens. It's $721 in taxes and $1400 for shipping. yikes.

After getting blown out of the water for a couple other items, I fell in love with both of these Old Timers' Game panorama's. So many great players together from different eras including Cobb, Speaker, Young, Bresnahan, Hooper, Baker, Collins! Are you kidding me?! Plus both are framed which is about $1000-$1500 each. Can't wait to hang em up!

Also won these Ruth photos. I plan on keeping the spring training photos but selling the rest. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Love the Old Timer's Day photo at Brave's Field. Here's mine from a different angle..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bae0fb26a4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36ad5684f2.jpg
If you ever care to move yours, please keep me in mind...Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobfreedman 08-26-2017 03:23 PM

Forgot I won this

1 Attachment(s)
Branch Rickey Conlon

Topnotchsy 08-26-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan (Post 1694679)
Just got off with rep at Christie's. She informed me that the laws of NY changed in last couple months forcing them to collect tax on anything picked up at their NY office, even by a 3rd party shipper. She also stated their shipping rates were high because they build "custom crates" to deliver the merchandise. So basically if you live in a state where they don't have a presence like Nevada you're held hostage to their outrage shipping fees unless you want to have it picked up or shipped by a 3rd party and then pay the taxes. This needs to be looked at by a lawyer because it doesn't seem right.

I stopped their yesterday and picked up my items. Place is beautiful and the people there were really nice. I inspected the items and then they packed them for me by making a little "suitcase" out of cardboard (basically multiple layers of cardboard folded over and then taped shut and a handle added and secured with the tape so I could carry it.

Not sure if that is the packing they referred to, and it definitely seemed a very well and carefully packed method, though I can't imagine that would justify the price (my items were contracts and a passport, but no different than what the pictures would need to be shipped, outside of the largest ones...

JeremyW 08-30-2017 02:50 PM

Received my Detroit/White photos today & would have sworn both packages were large flat screen T.V.s.

Snapolit1 08-30-2017 03:09 PM

Picked up some photos for a fellow board member last week. Young guy who packaged them must be an idiot savant. Would take me 2 hours to do what he did in 10 minutes. I can't wrap a christmas present.

ajjohnsonsoxfan 08-30-2017 03:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Did anyone know this Type I of Mordecai Brown was the source of his Cracker Jack card? Think Christies missed opportunity by not recognizing. Although price for the 5 photo lot went for a nice $5625 (so it seems at least a couple people knew)

cracker_jack 08-30-2017 04:00 PM

Do they typically send shipping confirmation by email?

JeremyW 08-30-2017 04:13 PM

They call it dispatching, but you should get an email.

Shoeless Moe 08-30-2017 05:12 PM

I paid the same day the auction ended with CC and just got the we shipped it/tracking # email today.

Shoeless Moe 08-31-2017 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
$150 bucks for this......was kind of a letdown, was hoping it came in a gold box or had streamers and balloons attached to it.

hshrimps 08-31-2017 09:20 AM

^^^^ $150 shipping and handling?

Shoeless Moe 08-31-2017 10:02 AM

yep, asinine

Shoeless Moe 08-31-2017 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
good thing was though looks like I had full coverage.

so if my box damaged any other box in transit I wouldn't be liable.