Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T206 "Magie" Error Prices (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=313206)

investinrookies 03-13-2022 08:33 AM

The nice SGC 1.5 that sold on eBay in January was put up at PWCC via auction and ends tonight

pawpawdiv9 03-13-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by investinrookies (Post 2205209)
The nice SGC 1.5 that sold on eBay in January was put up at PWCC via auction and ends tonight

Theres also a nice PSA 2 -if not for the big Zit on his eye (probstein) ending in 1 1/2 days too!

investinrookies 03-13-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2205219)
Theres also a nice PSA 2 -if not for the big Zit on his eye (probstein) ending in 1 1/2 days too!

For what it’s worth that one did originally have a PWCC “Above Average” eye appeal sticker on it when it sold in their premiere auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckpaul 03-13-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by investinrookies (Post 2205288)
For what it’s worth that one did originally have a PWCC “Above Average” eye appeal sticker on it when it sold in their premiere auction.

That means so much, since they are always describing every card as overgraded.

Steve D 03-16-2022 08:04 PM

Interesting note:

This week's episode (Monday) of NCIS, featured a PSA 3 Magie. It's about 33 1/2 minutes into the show.

Steve

jamest206 03-18-2022 01:17 PM

Right now I am going for the regular, non-error card. Eventually I will snag an error for my portrait collection. Loved reading a lot of the threads on this. I am 42, and never imagined even owning a card from this set. Didn't even realize there was a set, and the Honus Wagner card was some mythical mountain out there. I think we can all agree there is a lot of interest in these cards, and older cards now, especially with my generation. I only really discovered there was an actual set after reading Eight Men Out, and looking up Sleepy Bill Burns, and seeing his card. Fortunately I have benefited from years of hard work in manufacturing, and some right place right time with real estate in Colorado to understand the struggle of collecting/bidding on what I want, having to sell due to cancer cost, and now being in a great position to build on what I want. I love this set, and trying any other set doesn't really excite me as much. This site also keeps the interest alive, and have a lot of great friends from T206. The only setback is the agreement with my wife, and she loves Amazon & Tesla stock. So.......

vthobby 03-18-2022 11:05 PM

Non error....

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamest206 (Post 2206933)
Right now I am going for the regular, non-error card. Eventually I will snag an error for my portrait collection. Loved reading a lot of the threads on this. I am 42, and never imagined even owning a card from this set. Didn't even realize there was a set, and the Honus Wagner card was some mythical mountain out there. I think we can all agree there is a lot of interest in these cards, and older cards now, especially with my generation. I only really discovered there was an actual set after reading Eight Men Out, and looking up Sleepy Bill Burns, and seeing his card. Fortunately I have benefited from years of hard work in manufacturing, and some right place right time with real estate in Colorado to understand the struggle of collecting/bidding on what I want, having to sell due to cancer cost, and now being in a great position to build on what I want. I love this set, and trying any other set doesn't really excite me as much. This site also keeps the interest alive, and have a lot of great friends from T206. The only setback is the agreement with my wife, and she loves Amazon & Tesla stock. So.......

Here is my non error I'm so glad I grabbed from REA back in 2021~

Bridwell 03-21-2022 01:15 PM

Magie 6

That's a beauty, Mike!!

icurnmedic 03-21-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridwell (Post 2207690)
That's a beauty, Mike!!

Dang right, that card is smoking hot!!

vthobby 03-22-2022 08:10 PM

Thanks!

Thanks Guys!

Mike :)

mrvster 03-23-2022 09:34 PM

Awesome

Mike!:)

parkerj33 04-26-2022 08:29 AM

REA win. Thrilled to add this one to my monster.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0b5c63ec06.jpg

iwantitiwinit 04-26-2022 08:38 AM

Congrats, all the Magie and Magee T206's offered in REA were priced strongly.

pawpawdiv9 04-26-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 2219142)

I placed my bids on this one too!
One day (very soon) i will get my turn. :D

Rhotchkiss 04-26-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkerj33 (Post 2219141)
REA win. Thrilled to add this one to my monster.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0b5c63ec06.jpg

Congrats Jim. Personally, I think you stole that! I think its a great looking example. The crease is large, but in no way impacts the picture, and aside from that, the picture is sharp and well centered. You got a keeper IMO. Well done

babraham 04-26-2022 11:43 PM

Congrats Jim, that is a beautiful Magie! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 2219142)

Agreed, I was bidding on one of the Magee's and it went higher than I was willing...

parkerj33 04-29-2022 08:06 AM

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! Glad to have one "in the club" now....now i can hope for a plank someday...but i think i will be set for now, and maybe just upgrade at some point.

vthobby 04-29-2022 12:19 PM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2219291)
Congrats Jim. Personally, I think you stole that! I think its a great looking example. The crease is large, but in no way impacts the picture, and aside from that, the picture is sharp and well centered. You got a keeper IMO. Well done

Agreed! Great card Jim! Congrats and good luck to your son this summer! Vermont is the place to be and play in the summer! Can't wait to see him pitch!

Pece, Mike

Rickyy 04-29-2022 02:49 PM

I think its still a good investment...people still think of the Big Three (Wagner, Plank and Magee - not including the Doyle version which is it's own animal). I still regret passing on a nice one for less than $1K at a show back in the early 90's. You win some...lose some.

Ricky Y