Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SGC Response concerning new labels (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=188327)

MikeU 06-03-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1280252)
I reached out to Dave Forman and offered in fhe future to use my column as another way for SGC to publicize themselves, alert collectors to changes, etc.

Much of this could have avoided with proactive PR from SGC as well as using the community to discuss the new flip (which should not be a super sensitive company issue)

if SGC's management is as good as everyone here says the customer service and the grading area are, then these minor adjustments can help SGC grow.

And, since SGC is the unofficial grading company of the Net 54 boards, don't you all want them to succeed

Rich

SGC service and grading is certainly the best. SGC marketing is certainly not.

MikeU 06-03-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queencitysportscards (Post 1283276)
I just sent in a card last week to SGC for a customer. Got the card back today with new label. Although, I do prefer, Joe G's design, it does look much better in person.

Hank

The flip actually looks good (not as good as Joe G's) as long as the top line is short i.e. a Topps issue. Start adding principal de gales to that top line and it is too crunched with the SGC. Joe G has the SGC reduced in size to help with this also.

MikeU 06-03-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1280274)
Then Jeff you never heard some of the conversations I had with Mr. Skeffington when I was at Beckett.

Rich

Beckett, as in the competitor:D?

MikeU 06-03-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfreedman (Post 1280071)
As the owner of the company that was in charge of the new web site design, and an overhaul of the set registry, and the changes to the flip and about 20 other things, the time that took the longest and was the most difficult thing to do, were the changes to the flip. Now many of you who think it should have been easy and we should have be able to add a green border easily, really have no idea how difficult this truly was. They also should not claim to think they could have done it themselves just because they were able to add it in photoshop with no business requirements nor have any of the specifications to work from. Some of our tolerances were 1/32" of an inch, we also went through two different printers, we went through three different labels test runs (all of which were paid for), we designed four or five different labels and it took us about 8 months to complete. None of this mind you, is me complaining about this, it is me merely telling you that this was not an easy thing to do to say the least.

I realize I am opening myself to some ridicule here because no matter what I say, some of you will find fault. What SGC did was modernize their entire computer systems at a great cost to bring better customer service to everyone here. Now granted, we could have gotten more feedback from some of you but in all honesty, it would not have mattered because SGC wanted to get a 4th line on the flip in order to differentiate itself from its competitors and they should be applauded for it, because some of you think that you could have done it better or you were not consulted or whatever gripe you have with the new flip. SGC spent a lot of money to modernize the computer system and that is what should be the focus here, not a lack of a green border.

I will add that we are looking to see if we can add the border to the flip but that will take a while to do because as I had indicated, it is a very complex change.

Bob Freedman
bob@simpleauctionsite.com

Are you saying the set registry and population report changes are 100% complete?

Rich Klein 06-03-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeU (Post 1283646)
Beckett, as in the competitor:D?

Yes, I used to work there back in the day -- not in grading but in the pricing area :)

brewing 06-03-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queencitysportscards (Post 1283276)
I just sent in a card last week to SGC for a customer. Got the card back today with new label. Although, I do prefer, Joe G's design, it does look much better in person.

Hank

Has the holder changed?