Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Why Was I Denied Membership Over At AutographPlanet? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175073)

Leon 09-11-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1183347)
thatched roof articles? leon, when do we get to the asians cant drive jokes?

she already said in her first posts if you cared to read them but you didn't, that she collects autographs and likes entertainment autographs, especially Filipino artists and celebrities, like efren reyes (world champion billiards player-sports omgosh!)

along with other filipinos like cheryl burke, phoebe cates, and martin nivera (singer).

so leon, how do you know she doesnt like and collect autographs and that a woman can't own and start a website of her own? she only knows how to thatch a hut? what kind of humor is that?

Does everybody else agree with this type of attempt at humor at the expense of others?

Let me make this perfectly clear Travis. I think you are a fu***** idiot.

barrysloate 09-11-2013 12:33 PM

The next time somebody on the main board asks, What are some of the craziest threads we've ever had on Net54, would everybody please be sure to cite this one. Because this thread would easily make the top three. I have been reading it and I still can't believe it.

gnaz01 09-11-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

phoebe cates?

You're an ass, Travis, Phoebe Cates was born in New York City and attended Juilliard, pretty sure she never saw the inside of a thatched roof hut :cool:

Griffins 09-11-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1183358)
The next time somebody on the main board asks, What are some of the craziest threads we've ever had on Net54, would everybody please be sure to cite this one. Because this thread would easily make the top three. I have been reading it and I still can't believe it.

Barry, I've got this as number 4, but the day isn't over yet. It's showing promise, and I think Mr. Chao is under threat of being surpassed.

1. Bruce (RIP) threatens to sue Archive (RIP)

and then a whole bunch of space before we hit

2. NYC dinner thread
3. One with Peter Chao that I can't recall offhand

slidekellyslide 09-11-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1183367)
You're an ass, Travis, Phoebe Cates was born in New York City and attended Juilliard, pretty sure she never saw the inside of a thatched roof hut :cool:

The only thing I know about Phoebe Cates is that she is still smokin' hawt and Kevin Kline is one lucky SOB.

murphusa 09-11-2013 01:23 PM

I don't collect autograph's. Thank God!

shelly 09-11-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphusa (Post 1183382)
I don't collect autograph's. Thank God!

Not about the autographs. It is about a coward.:(

Cheryl Burke,Burke grew up in Atherton, California No hut here.

Nievera was born on February 5, 1962, in Manila, Philippines with twin sister, Victoria, to Bert Nievera and Conchita Razon. Nievera spent most of his childhood in Hawaii with his mother and father, as his father sang for the group Society of Seven. The Nievera family also took up residence in the Bay Area in California for a short time in the late '70s. He graduated from Clayton Valley High School (Concord, California) in 1980. No hut there.

earlywynnfan 09-11-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

thatched roof articles? leon, when do we get to the asians cant drive jokes?

she already said in her first posts if you cared to read them but you didn't, that she collects autographs and likes entertainment autographs, especially Filipino artists and celebrities, like efren reyes (world champion billiards player-sports omgosh!)

along with other filipinos like cheryl burke, phoebe cates, and martin nivera (singer).

so leon, how do you know she doesnt like and collect autographs and that a woman can't own and start a website of her own? she only knows how to thatch a hut? what kind of humor is that?

Does everybody else agree with this type of attempt at humor at the expense of others?

Travis, you might've missed my post. Can you help me open my account?

Ken

GrayGhost 09-11-2013 01:52 PM

answer the original question. Are you totally clueless? Stop this, even if the entertainment is top shelf

travrosty 09-11-2013 02:06 PM

I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.

Leon 09-11-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1183423)
I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.

I am sticking with my original assessment. And you can quote me...I think you are a Fu***** idiot.

gnaz01 09-11-2013 02:28 PM

Don't worry, he will be back. He is kinda like Adrian (Hi Adrian).

barrysloate 09-11-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins (Post 1183369)
Barry, I've got this as number 4, but the day isn't over yet. It's showing promise, and I think Mr. Chao is under threat of being surpassed.

1. Bruce (RIP) threatens to sue Archive (RIP)

and then a whole bunch of space before we hit

2. NYC dinner thread
3. One with Peter Chao that I can't recall offhand

Hi Anthony- I'm with you on #1 and 2, but this one has enough pizzazz to move into the new #3 slot.:)

Rich Klein 09-11-2013 03:23 PM

As they on the PSA Boards

In before the lock and Dan/Leon, please note I actually brought this thread BACK on point :)

CharleyBrown 09-11-2013 03:39 PM

Travis,

The biggest insult to your wife in this thread was made by you. You basically said she was too weak to defend herself. If she grew up in a hut for most of her life, then she is, without a doubt, resilient. This kind of questioning should be a piece of cake for her to handle.

Not only are you an f***in idiot, but you are a coward to the fullest extent. Let me ask you something... when you two get into a disagreement and she questions you - do you completely ignore the question and try to put the blame on her? Be a man for God's sake. You brought this on to yourself and you don't have the cojones to admit it.

You and Peter Nash are the perfect pair... in fact, maybe Nora Roste is actually Peter Nash, and the whole hut story is made up.

-
Sh@un F.yffe

39special 09-11-2013 03:52 PM

Did Travis have this all planned out?

Denies Chris membership to his site knowing he will
start a thread here.
Comes on when Chris asks why,and tells us his wife owns
the site.
Doesn't answer the question,but keeps saying we are picking
on her because she is a female and tells us about how rough her
life was.
Brings on his buddy DB who post without putting in his name in
the post.
Now he goes on the planet posting how people on here are racists
put down women,and make up the rules as we go,to make his site
look better.

Or is he just a f#@*ing idiot?

Fuddjcal 09-11-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39special (Post 1183502)
Did Travis have this all planned out?

Denies Chris membership to his site knowing he will
start a thread here.
Comes on when Chris asks why,and tells us his wife owns
the site.
Doesn't answer the question,but keeps saying we are picking
on her because she is a female and tells us about how rough her
life was.
Brings on his buddy DB who post without putting in his name in
the post.
Now he goes on the planet posting how people on here are racists
put down women,and make up the rules as we go,to make his site
look better.

Or is he just a f#@*ing idiot?

the latter

ibuysportsephemera 09-11-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

I am quitting net54 today.

Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey GOODBYE! and Good night!

Jeff

thetruthisoutthere 09-11-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1183271)
you really want to pick on someones wife, what is wrong with you?

I was addressing the "owner" and person "in-charge" of AutographPlanet.

How the heck was I "picking" on the "owner" and person "in-charge?"

The Planet has been active since May(?) and it's now September, and I have yet to see an article on autographs from the "owner."

Travis, you call that "picking on?"

Exhibitman 09-11-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

I am quitting net54 today

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...ns/wellbye.jpg

Well...bye.

slipk1068 09-11-2013 09:05 PM

Just read this entire thread. Figured it was something to do while watching the Mets lose. I have to admit it was fun to watch Travis drag his wife into the thread every chance he got instead of answering a simple question.

After about the first 150 posts, this thread was no longer entertaining for me. It became a grind for me to finish it. Nobody can be that stupid. My guess is Travis and his buddies are just trying to increase traffic to their website.

Rich Klein 09-12-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1183367)

Wasn't there a movie called Paradise in the early 1980's with a very young, pretty and barely dressed Phoebe Cates. She may have been in a thatched roof hut during the filming of that movie

Rich

barrysloate 09-12-2013 07:29 AM

She was topless in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Baseball Fan 09-12-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipk1068 (Post 1183699)
Just read this entire thread. Figured it was something to do while watching the Mets lose. I have to admit it was fun to watch Travis drag his wife into the thread every chance he got instead of answering a simple question.

After about the first 150 posts, this thread was no longer entertaining for me. It became a grind for me to finish it. Nobody can be that stupid. My guess is Travis and his buddies are just trying to increase traffic to their website.

100 percent spot on from a casual observer like myself. Word for word.

It was clear Mr. Travis was being stupid on purpose, and he saved the best for last by summing up the whole saga by declaring that this board is against women and Asians. He knew what he was doing. Credit to him for actually making people wonder if he was serious, etc.

Rich Klein 09-12-2013 10:58 AM

And trust me

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1183796)
She was topless in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

I believe she also had scenes not wearing any clothes in Paradise.

Deertick 09-12-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1183859)
I believe she also had scenes not wearing any clothes in Paradise.

I'll have to research further on mrskin.com :D

gnaz01 09-12-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deertick (Post 1183870)
I'll have to research further on mrskin.com :D

:D

Exhibitman 09-12-2013 11:50 AM

Phoebe Cates [Katz] was born in NYC. Her uncle Gilbert Cates used to produce the Oscars telecasts. By birth she is 3/4 Russian-Jewish, 1/4 Filipino of Chinese descent. In other words, she is as Filipino as Jack Dempsey or Pete Sampras are Jewish [1/4 each]. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that there weren't too many thatched huts in Manhattan...

Leon 09-12-2013 05:01 PM

closed at the request of the op.