Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Thoughtful Comments Welcome: (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238014)

clydepepper 04-07-2017 04:59 AM

Thoughtful Comments Welcome:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ins-white-guys

steve B 04-07-2017 01:05 PM

I think it's high time the media stopped giving him a forum for his -----------Lets politely call it eccentricity.

Or, were they alive we could lock him in a room with Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis, who lost their careers decades ago for a lot less.

Steve B

clydepepper 04-07-2017 01:34 PM

IMO, He could learn a lot from Richard Williams and Earl Woods.

JustinD 04-07-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1648554)
I think it's high time the media stopped giving him a forum for his -----------Lets politely call it eccentricity.

Or, were they alive we could lock him in a room with Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis, who lost their careers decades ago for a lot less.

Steve B

That was my thoughts,

Change one thing about Lavar and this story would have had a much different ending. Double standards are double standards under all circumstances.

frankbmd 04-07-2017 09:25 PM

Thoughtful Comments Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1648422)

Still thinking.

Econteachert205 04-08-2017 07:08 AM

The 1980's celtics disagree.

Snapolit1 04-08-2017 09:11 AM

This guy is a horse's ass, but his belief that African Americans are better basketball players, and for that matter athletes generally, is probably shared by a very large majority of the American population. Goes back to idiocy about slavery and the effect it had on physical development. Of course nonsense if you understand anything about genetics and human evolution.

As far as double standards go, they are everywhere you look on all sides of the equation. Just look at the response of various groups to political events this week and how the same people responded to things 2 years ago.

D. Bergin 04-08-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1648554)

Steve B

Difference is, he doesn't have a career to lose, so that pretty much gives him the freedom to be as big of an ass as he wants.

The biggest punishment for this guy, would be to just ignore him.

ESPN won't though, because he's click bait. That's just the world we live in nowadays.

58pinson 04-08-2017 07:22 PM

Wonder if having a loose cannon/albatross like that tied around his neck will drop the kid in the upcoming draft? Could be costing the kid $$$ every time his traps off. If he ever shows up in NY the tabloids will run wild.

steve B 04-08-2017 08:13 PM

Yes, he's got "nothing to lose" although the question of how he affects the draft for his kid seems a fair one. Sadly, I figure if the scouts and owners think he's as good as his dad claims, he'll be drafted pretty high by some hapless team.
I can't picture most good teams dealing with some one telling them how their game should be run and how their kid should be used as a player the way his college coach has.

When I posted the same story to Facebook my opinion of him was much more strongly worded. I thought it was too far over the line for here. We're a harsh place for some, but generally civil. :D
I couldn't even bring it up on the old racing bike list I'm on, and not just because it's off topic. They're like movie version old british guys. "I say, that Armstrong chap shouldn't have taken stuff" "Quite so old boy, and you shouldn't mention him because he's far too recent. Tut tut. "

Steve B

gopherfan 04-13-2017 11:53 PM

I thought it was funny that he was blaming the "white guys" for the teams failures. Wasn't his son the one guarding De'Aaron Fox? And didn't Fox go off for 39?

I watched the game, and it seemed that the player who had the worst game was Lonzo Ball. Oh well, his dad is better than Jordan, so he must know something I don't.