Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Visiting Wrigley Field Question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251795)

KMayUSA6060 02-25-2018 02:26 PM

Visiting Wrigley Field Question

I am attending a conference in the Chicago area in April, the weekend of the 13th/14th/15th. The conference is Saturday and Sunday, but I'll be arriving that Friday. The Cubs play at home against the Braves (as an Indians fan, these aren't two of my favorite franchises haha) at 1:20 CDT that Friday. I've never been to Wrigley Field, and don't travel by plane very often. I am going to reach out to my contact person for the conference to see if I can get early check in at the hotel to drop my luggage off before heading to the game, but if I can't, do you guys have any suggestions on what to do with my luggage if I can't drop it off at the hotel? What is the best mode of transportation to Wrigley Field from either my hotel or the airport?

Jason 02-25-2018 08:27 PM

I went to Chicago and visited Wrigley field during the National. Also took in a White Sox game. Even as a tourist I found navigating the city to be very easy. I personally rode the train to a few blocks from the stadium then took a lyft outside the station. As far as my luggage, i wasnt allowed early check in and lugged it around a few hours. Luckily I travel light.

vintagewhitesox 03-06-2018 12:41 PM

From the airport, you take the Blue line to Addison, and there's a shuttle from the Addison Blue line to the ballpark.

From your hotel really depends on where you are staying. Are you in the Loop?
If so, take the Red line up and get off at Addison. Drops you off right in front of the park.

Of course, I would recommend against going there all together, but that's a conversation for a different day :)

KMayUSA6060 03-06-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagewhitesox (Post 1754698)
From the airport, you take the Blue line to Addison, and there's a shuttle from the Addison Blue line to the ballpark.

From your hotel really depends on where you are staying. Are you in the Loop?
If so, take the Red line up and get off at Addison. Drops you off right in front of the park.

Of course, I would recommend against going there all together, but that's a conversation for a different day :)

The hotel is right near the airport, so I'm assuming I could just take the Blue Line to Addison from the airport?

Trust me, as an Indians fan, it's the last place I want to visit, too. Damn its history and the baseball fan in me.

vintagewhitesox 03-06-2018 07:54 PM

The Rosemont blue line stop is right by the hotel. Easy to get to.

PADIDiver 04-09-2018 10:37 PM

Just a quick suggestion, went to wrigley for the first time last year and I was able to buy standing room tickets at the box office the day off cheaper for what the scalpers were selling them for. It was my first visit to Wrigley so I was happy to walk around and watch the game from different spots!