Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My Braves run, on a budget... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224869)

TheNightmanCometh 07-02-2016 05:27 PM

My Braves run, on a budget...

18 Attachment(s)
I've been looking to add a lot of Braves memorabilia for my future man cave/office. Here are some of the things I've collected over the last few years...

TheNightmanCometh 07-02-2016 05:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more...

mattjc1983 07-02-2016 05:34 PM

Love the SI's.

The Indian heads probably would get sideways looks in today's politically correct world so I assume you mean a "home" office? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheNightmanCometh 07-02-2016 05:40 PM

Oh, they can get over it, but ya, it'll end up in my office. In my mind I envision a built in similar to this, with Braves memorabilia and cards littered throughout.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/...5.1200x672.jpg

clydepepper 07-02-2016 05:44 PM

Ryan- I also love the S.I.'s - especially the framed ones!

I have a bunch of Braves' cards...let me know if you need anything in particular.

Not for sale: I do have a complete run of Atlanta Braves Media Guides...

For those, you'll have to check back with my nephews and grand-nephews later after I'm gone.

My cousin, Whitlow Wyatt, was the Atlanta Braves first pitching coach.

My brother and I will be siting in Row 2 behind home plate (actually, just to the third-base side of home) for the very last game at Turner Field - October 2 vs. the Tigers (expensive tickets!)

TheNightmanCometh 07-02-2016 06:02 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1557427)
Ryan- I also love the S.I.'s - especially the framed ones!

I have a bunch of Braves' cards...let me know if you need anything in particular.

Not for sale: I do have a complete run of Atlanta Braves Media Guides...

For those, you'll have to check back with my nephews and grand-nephews later after I'm gone.

My cousin, Whitlow Wyatt, was the Atlanta Braves first pitching coach.

My brother and I will be siting in Row 2 behind home plate (actually, just to the third-base side of home) for the very last game at Turner Field - October 2 vs. the Tigers (expensive tickets!)

Thanks! I still have two more SIs to get, one with Warren Spahn on the cover and the famous Eddie Mathews first SI cover. I plan on framing all of them and putting them in a nice row, with the horizontal one in the center.

I'm always interested in programs, and I will definitely be getting more in the future, but I always find other things I'd rather have.

I plan on adding a David Justice, WS HR trot pose, and the Sid Bream "slide" bobblehead to my collection.

I also have my Topps base card run, here are some random pics, some autos I've been collecting, and some other random cards...

TheNightmanCometh 07-02-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1557427)

I'm hoping to get tickets to OD next year. Gonna have to fly out, I live in California, and try to get a room in the Omni, that'll be build close to the stadium. Tickets don't go on sale until early next year and the saving has begun. Keep that ticket stub, you might make a few bucks off of it, if you aren't sentimental. Lately, I've been looking at pocket schedules. Thinking about how far I can go back on those, like when did they start giving those out? I have no idea.

One thing I have planned, and it's something I'll do in the future, is I wanna collect all the ticket stubs for the 1995 world series and frame them. I imagine that'll look really cool.

Another thing I have planned is to get autographed baseballs of the starting 9, rotation, closer and manager of the '95 team. That's another thing that'll take a long time to get. I really wanted to get the entire run of autographs from everyone on the roster during the world series, but there are a couple that'll be impossible to get, plus Blauser didn't play in the WS, and how could you have a '95 run without getting Blauser? LOL

ooo-ribay 07-02-2016 08:34 PM

"your Braves, on a budget".....I thought you were talking on how they're currently being run. :cool:

almostdone 07-02-2016 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A very good friend of mine, and fellow net54 member, is a huge Braves fan and has some great pieces. He is much more into autographs than memorabilia. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me showing off a couple of his pieces.

First, this is some of his 95 World Series balls. Each one is signed by a different player who is on the roster during the series. He is only lacking one more signature, Bobby Cox.

almostdone 07-02-2016 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next is one of my favorite pieces. It's a Braves pitching rubber signed by Smoltz, Glavine and Maddux. Each with their repective career wins and strikeout totals. I was with him when he finished it by getting Tom Glavine. Great piece and great memory.

TheNightmanCometh 07-03-2016 12:01 PM

Wow! Tell your friend I'm super jealous! Great stuff.

Mark70Z 07-03-2016 02:17 PM

Braves

Ryan,

Looks like you have some great Braves items and I'm sure your man cave/office will be very cool. Always like to view rooms with cards and memorabilia displayed. Please post on the progress of the room; would love to see it! I've been working on my room/den as well, but it's more of a junk room currently; one day...

TheNightmanCometh 07-03-2016 03:15 PM

As I collect different things, I'll happily come here and post what I have gained. I hope you do the same. :)

ghooper33 07-04-2016 08:42 PM

Great stuff! Below are a couple of things I have framed from my Braves collection.

1957 Braves Scorecard signed by members of the 1957 World Series team (sadly no Aaron).

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...psgii3duo7.jpg

A framed scorecard autographed by Bobby Cox with the newspaper box score. A Maddux win with a Smoltz save! I think they sell these pretty cheap at the stadium now.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...pskv8h1sf3.jpg

Mark70Z 07-05-2016 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghooper33 (Post 1558231)
Great stuff! Below are a couple of things I have framed from my Braves collection.

1957 Braves Scorecard signed by members of the 1957 World Series team (sadly no Aaron).

It looks like there are several more modern autographs on the scorecard. Should take it to a show w/Aaron signing and get him included.

TheNightmanCometh 07-05-2016 08:52 AM

Greg, that's some awesome stuff! I second Mark's take, you should go to a show and have Aaron autograph that program. :)

egri 07-05-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark70Z (Post 1558317)
It looks like there are several more modern autographs on the scorecard. Should take it to a show w/Aaron signing and get him included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh (Post 1558345)
Greg, that's some awesome stuff! I second Mark's take, you should go to a show and have Aaron autograph that program. :)

+1. And if you're willing to send it through the mail, Del Crandall signs TTM as well; I think he charges $10 per item.

ghooper33 07-05-2016 11:56 AM

Thanks guys! I have a couple of Aaron autos framed and decided I would call the scorecard done and use the money towards some great cards :p.

Ryan love the thread! You have inspired me to go back through my Braves collection odds and ends.

TheNightmanCometh 07-05-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghooper33 (Post 1558409)
Thanks guys! I have a couple of Aaron autos framed and decided I would call the scorecard done and use the money towards some great cards :p.

Ryan love the thread! You have inspired me to go back through my Braves collection odds and ends.

When you do, post some pics. I'd love to see what you've amassed over the years. :)

perezfan 07-06-2016 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great stuff!

Here's my modest Braves Collection (middle case...)

TheNightmanCometh 07-06-2016 04:22 PM

Ooooh! Let's see that card display! It looks nice. :)

perezfan 07-06-2016 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh (Post 1558907)
Ooooh! Let's see that card display! It looks nice. :)

Sure...

None are graded, as I prefer them without bar codes and arbitrarily assigned numbers. Very sorry that 75% of these photos load sideways. I know it's irritating...

TheNightmanCometh 07-07-2016 02:32 AM

Great collection! Thanks for sharing :)