Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T205 Gold Boarder Brooklyn Player Barger Would Anybody bid on this Card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=80935)

Archive 04-28-2006 07:16 PM

T205 Gold Boarder Brooklyn Player Barger Would Anybody bid on this Card

Posted By: <b>mike wrenn</b><p>I CAME ACROSS THIS CARD SEE LINK THE SELLER <br />DESCRIBES THE CARD AS BEING IN VERY GOOD SHAPE.<br />CARD IS NOT GRADED. UPON MY INSPECTION OF THE SCAN<br />THE CARD LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE A 7. SHOULD THE SELLER HAVE HAD IT GRADED. IS IT A BIG RISK BUYING VINTAGE PREWAR<br />THAT'S NOT GRADED. ANY OPINION GREATLY APPRCIATED<br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/T205-Tobacco-Baseball-Card-BARGER-BROOKLYN_W0QQitemZ8800815967QQcategoryZ86840QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">PUT YOUR SHORT DESCRIPTION HEREclick</a>

Archive 04-28-2006 07:41 PM

Posted By: <b>steve yawitz</b><p>I would've said it's certainly worth a flier at the level at which it's now at...until I read this line:<br /><br />"This card has been in my great grandfather box for the past 95 + years."<br /><br />It's not quite "My husband/father had a heart attack," but it's a listing cliche that usually elicits an almost reflexive clicking of the "Back" button.

Archive 04-28-2006 08:14 PM

Posted By: <b>John J. Grillo</b><p>What about "my ex-boyfriend's hockey rookie cards"? So many grandfathers, so many attics in this world of ours.

Archive 04-29-2006 09:49 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Get a written email from him that it is authentic and give it a shot. (The T205 set has been reprinted and looks very nice and like the originals in scans). If you get a return privilege, I say go for it.

Archive 04-30-2006 12:59 PM

Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Unless he gives a money back if it does not grade. I do not care what the description says, the top border looks trimmed to me. <br /><br />The card is very nice otherwise and at the current level might be worth a shot but not any more than what the high bid is now.<br /><br />Joshua<br /><br />PS My opinions are just that...

Archive 04-30-2006 01:20 PM

Posted By: <b>Chris Mc</b><p>Card looks good but looks a little short and does not have the best focus. It's worth the play at less than $50. My opinion.

Archive 05-02-2006 02:05 AM

Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>card looks a little fake, could be a reprint, but EVERYTHING that this guy sells is higher grade tobacco... T207, T206, some very nice stuff, check out his feedback!<br /><br />not a friend or do I even know the guy, but his cards DO seem nice, and if they're ALL fakes/trims then I need a new hobby...<br /><br />or a printing press like that guy...<br /><br />

Archive 05-02-2006 02:49 AM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>How would the seller know it's been in his grandfather's box for for 95+ years. Does his living 110 year old great grandmother remember her husband putting the card in this box and affixing a tamper evident seal? Did the great grandfather leave a letter detailing the card's life in the box? Was this box recently recovered from the Titanic?

Archive 05-02-2006 07:39 AM

Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Thats the reason I didn't bid on the 2 T205's he had...why not just say they are from your collection? <br /><br />Adding the grandpa's attic story always sends me away.<br /><br />SeanBH

Archive 05-02-2006 08:24 AM

Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p> His feedback should outweigh most anything a seller can say in the description! Many reputable dealers and collectors have bought from him and left positive feedback.