Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Item not matched as on auction house catalog. HELP (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62942)

Archive 01-08-2003 08:48 PM

Item not matched as on auction house catalog. HELP

Posted By: <b>Scott&nbsp; </b><p><BR>Folks,<BR><BR>I am sure most of you have more experiences dealing with large auction houses than me. I just won my FIRST item from a big auction house in Dec and received the item today. After I opened up the parcel and found out the item that I got doesn't match with the pictures on the catalog. I checked their previous catalog and realized they shipped me the item that was on their previous catalog. I was totally shocked. Because I assumed they sold that item in their last auction, since the final bid of that item was featured on SCD articles. Although, the condition of the item that I received and the item I am supposed to receive are similar (based on the pictures), I was thinking there are something fishy going on. Moreover, in money wise, the final bid was also more than the final bid in their last auction.......which means I actually paid more than what I supposed to pay.<BR><BR>Now, I need advices from you guys/gals. What would u do if you were me and what could I do?? Does this happen very often to auction houses?<BR><BR>Scott

Archive 01-08-2003 09:12 PM

Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>After some thought, it is possible the winner who won that item in their last auction consigned the item again in their Dec auction. If that's the case, how come the pictures on their Dec catalog was not as shown but picutres of a different item?

Archive 01-08-2003 09:50 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>The real question in this matter is: How come everyone gets their stuff befor I get my stuff? Leland's, MastroNet, everyone. They must think that, since I live on the West Coast, I'm laid back. <BR><BR>Seriously, all that really matters is whether or not you are satisfied with the product. If the condition and appearance is simularly appealing, there shouldn't be a big issue. Since the big auctions are spread fairly far apart, it is possible that a winner turned and consigned it in the next auction.

Archive 01-08-2003 09:57 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Scott, I think I know which auction house your are talking about. I've won a lot of different stuff from them and have never personally encountered this issue.

Archive 01-10-2003 08:24 AM

Posted By: <b>RogerS</b><p>This thing never happened to me. I guess you better call the auction house and ask what's going on.<BR><BR>Anyone else experience this?