Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Colin Cowherd on the Falcons (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=234413)

CMIZ5290 01-25-2017 01:52 PM

Colin Cowherd on the Falcons

This guy makes me sick and he's probably never even had on a jock strap. He's giving Atlanta no shot based on what Carolina did last year. Over hyped NFC South team going against a team that has built a dynasty. All of this after the Falcons outscored Seattle and Green Bay (2 pretty good dynasty teams by the way) 80-41, and the Falcons even took a knee at Seattle's one yard line to end the game.

D. Bergin 01-25-2017 02:13 PM

He's right up there with Skip Bayless and guys I NEVER want to hear talk again.

CMIZ5290 01-25-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1624120)

Amen Dave....Can we add Stephen A Smith??

steve B 01-25-2017 03:42 PM

Someone says the Falcons don't have a chance? That's just nuts.

And I'm a Pats fan.

Atlanta gets loads of press for offense, but they limited a really good offense to not much. I'd say they have an excellent chance.

Steve B

CMIZ5290 01-25-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1624146)
Someone says the Falcons don't have a chance? That's just nuts.

And I'm a Pats fan.

Atlanta gets loads of press for offense, but they limited a really good offense to not much. I'd say they have an excellent chance.

Steve B

Steve, Pats should be favored, but I have never seen an offense like Atlanta. They have scored an opening drive touchdown in 8 straight games! That's just insane. If I was Arthur Blank, I would offer Kyle Shanahan a contract that exceeds any other Coordinator. If he does takes the 49ers job, I think it's a huge mistake...

pariah1107 01-25-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1624120)

Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd read facts like weather reports. There is a 5% chance they may be right, with a 100% chance of total BS. You know, alternative facts.

I hope it is a competitive Super Bowl, the Playoffs were terrible.

D. Bergin 01-25-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1624142)
Amen Dave....Can we add Stephen A Smith??

Yup. Only reason he ever came across semi-rationale is because he shared the same stage with Bayless for many years.

Put him on with anybody else, and now HE'S the crazy one.

Econteachert205 01-25-2017 06:29 PM

Atlanta most definitely can win.

clydepepper 01-25-2017 07:16 PM

I never will understand why so many folks 'watch' these radio show guys.

I watch a little bit of 'undisputed', but not much...and have watched the 'herd' and 'first take' exactly once each - two of the few times I've been able to exercise some self control.

mike greenberg is barely acceptable.

I would much rather watch the true NFL analysts, many of whom have actually played (which is why I can stand some of 'undisputed'.)

...and while I'm complaining... I will again mention how much I HATE the background music that is played during EVERY highlight and EVERY statistical graphic!!

HRBAKER 01-25-2017 08:44 PM

The result of 24 hour channels that have to come up with programming to fill time. Sports idiots just like political idiots on the other channels.

TUM301 01-26-2017 04:22 AM

Pats fan here and I too heard, no pun intended, what C C said about the Falcons. As stated earlier in the thread, many except the most Yahooooooooo Pats fans( can`t be helped) are NOT taking ATL lightly at all. We`ve seen this script before with the high flying, and I mean high flying, offense running on all cylinders headed to the S Bowl. What I`m looking forward to is seeing if the ATL coaching staff makes adjustments to counter Belichick and company if the Falcons don`t get out to a quick start. Here in N E we`ve grown accustomed to never knowing what the Pat`s staff will do as far as game plan. At around 58 pts thinking UNDER the Pats win say 30-21, if it goes OVER that has to favor Atl. Should be an exciting game though. On a side note never could stand Steven A. but over the last year or so, since leaving Baliss, have noticed he`s one of the FEW that doesn`t constantly toe the ESPN line and will somewhat take the contrarian stance.

tiger8mush 01-26-2017 09:55 AM

pats hater here

I think ATL will have a low scoring halftime lead, and pats will blow them out in the 2nd half. BB is too good at making halftime adjustments and they've been here before.

41-19 pats :(

gnaz01 01-26-2017 10:56 AM

Lifelong Pats fan here, and truth be told, I am nervous about the Falcons. However, that being said, I feel BB, Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia will put up an excellent game plan to lead us to victory.

packs 01-26-2017 11:12 AM

It would be the ultimate delight to see officials remove footballs from the Patriots sideline during the Super Bowl. Goodell should insist on a test and give the Pats a taste of their own meddling medicine.

Topps206 01-26-2017 07:29 PM

I really am hoping the Falcons pull this thing off.

steve B 01-26-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1624150)
Steve, Pats should be favored, but I have never seen an offense like Atlanta. They have scored an opening drive touchdown in 8 straight games! That's just insane. If I was Arthur Blank, I would offer Kyle Shanahan a contract that exceeds any other Coordinator. If he does takes the 49ers job, I think it's a huge mistake...

Over the last several years I've come to believe that at least in football things really come down to the overall organization. You see glimpses of how dysfunctional some other teams are and it makes you wonder how they attract any coaching talent at all. The 49ers seem pretty messed up right from the top down.

I haven't followed Atlanta much at all, but I'd have to believe they have something similar to the other good teams where the people they hire are allowed to make their decisions without a lot of public second guessing.
Add a bit of stability, they had a few not so great seasons and I don't recall much talk about moving Ryan in favor of a different QB like some teams do at the slightest downturn. He's always been good, and made a lot fewer mistakes this year. I don't know enough about them to get an idea if he's finally got a better offensive line or if something finally fell into place. Young guys tend to try to make some throws because sometimes they can (Farve never seemed to outgrow that) At some point it either takes them to backup land or out of football, or they stop doing it.

One of the more recent things I saw - I forget if it was preseason or late last year- was in the same week a Pats practice squad guy saying Brady had given him a pretty decent little bonus out of his own pocket for intercepting him in practice. Maybe two days later there was an article about the Dolphins starter getting picked off in practice and going off on the practice squad guy along the lines of "enjoy you practice squad life and practice squad pay"
Don't have to see too many of those stories to realize why some guys never really get it together.

Should be a good game, of course I'm hoping the Pats win, by enough that it's not a nail biter but close enough to be interesting. It won't be horrible if Atlanta wins.

Steve B

chaddurbin 01-27-2017 04:03 AM

Rooting for pats...But think ATL will pull this out 31-17. I like Colin cowherd, he's paid to give hot takes...That's why ur posting about him on a baseball card forum. Any Harry from Omaha doing the afternoon shift can give vanilla viewpoints.

packs 01-27-2017 06:58 AM

True but I think there is a difference between a hot take and a guy who has a point of view. I don't think he has a point of view. It's all buzz words with that guy.

1952boyntoncollector 01-27-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1624702)
True but I think there is a difference between a hot take and a guy who has a point of view. I don't think he has a point of view. It's all buzz words with that guy.

Dan Lebatard at least knows when he is bringing up things that he doesnt have a clue on an outcome and points out the undercurrents of whats really going on...

chaddurbin 01-27-2017 08:21 AM

Everyone of these successful guys have an angle...Lebatard is in on the joke and too smart for the room, Steven a is a screaming know-it-all, Bayless is an unapologetic shameless Homer who hates LeBron, cowherd is a contrarian to the popular view, and Simmons got too big for his britches. They all are clearly very good at their job and the top performers in their field.

Topps206 01-27-2017 08:23 AM

Here's what I'd like to know: Is Kyle Shanahan ready to become a head coach or is he just someone who is buzzed about at the right time? Can he do what someone like a Dan Quinn or even Adam Gase has done? Or is he overhyped?

CMIZ5290 01-27-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topps206 (Post 1624737)
Here's what I'd like to know: Is Kyle Shanahan ready to become a head coach or is he just someone who is buzzed about at the right time? Can he do what someone like a Dan Quinn or even Adam Gase has done? Or is he overhyped?

He should stay in Atlanta and they should pay him well....

clydepepper 01-27-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1624924)
He should stay in Atlanta and they should pay him well....

+1

We can hope - lets see just how deep Arthur's pockets are.

Question: Do Coaches' salaries count against the Cap?

egri 01-28-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1624948)
+1

We can hope - lets see just how deep Arthur's pockets are.

Question: Do Coaches' salaries count against the Cap?

They don't; only player salaries count.

WRT the Super Bowl, I'm pulling for the Patriots, but wouldn't be terribly disappointed with a Falcons win. I saw Matt Ryan play at BC a few times, where he had to carry the program. I'm glad he finally has a good supporting cast.

Topps206 01-28-2017 03:36 PM

I really think the odds are against the Falcons here.

I got sick of the Patriots around 2003/2004.

Runscott 02-05-2017 08:38 PM

It's no big deal. The Patriots are really good at doing this kind of thing, and all of the professional sports teams in Atlanta are good at receiving it.

Topps206 02-05-2017 08:43 PM

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

It'll be a great day for football when Brady and Belichick retire.

KCRfan1 02-05-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topps206 (Post 1627870)
Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

It'll be a great day for football when Brady and Belichick retire.

Many cities with NFL teams would love to have the Pats as their team.

clydepepper 02-05-2017 08:58 PM

@%^@#^&$$&&%^*&^&#%&*#$%%$

- & I don't mean maybe!

:mad:

-

Marckus99 02-05-2017 09:18 PM

And the Herd is money.

Chirp, chirp....

Topps206 02-06-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRfan1 (Post 1627871)
Many cities with NFL teams would love to have the Pats as their team.

I could imagine they're also sick of them.

KCRfan1 02-06-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topps206 (Post 1627916)
I could imagine they're also sick of them.

?

Topps206 02-06-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRfan1 (Post 1627983)
?

Fans of other teams.