Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Most Accurate Price Guide for 2000 and Newer Cards?? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266078)

Bagwell-1994 02-21-2019 01:44 PM

Most Accurate Price Guide for 2000 and Newer Cards??

Does anyone recommend a relatively accurate pricing guide for year 2000 and newer cards?

I use vintagecardprices.com database for 1999 and older and find it very comprehensive and useful for vintage cards. I find PSA SMR to be hit or miss as far as accuracy and many times the modern cards I'm researching won't be listed at all. I used to use Beckett online price guide for newer cards but I've read in many articles and places online that Beckett is a complete and utter joke.

Or is it simply best to do an advanced Ebay search for completed/sold listings and gauge values that way? Thanks for any info, in advance.

swarmee 02-21-2019 04:01 PM

All about sold values. If you're talking PSA, look on their site for Auction Prices Realized. Otherwise, you can do a deep search for eBay completed sales at both PWCC (free login) and worthpoint.com (subscription).

dictoresno 02-22-2019 08:25 AM

watchcount.com sold listings is a good start. modern card prices can fluctuate literally daily like the stock market. its a good way to keep track of daily ending prices. but, its not gonna be the end all say all. and auction prices realized on the PSA website I think rely on the person putting the cert number in the description. ended listings usually show up there quick, however not all make their way there. ive seen plenty of cards sell but not show in the APR. I personally use both as a reference, and have noticed that the APR averages are a pretty close representation of the ebay auction prices for the most part, but not as accurate as you checking watchcount.

Bagwell-1994 02-22-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1856982)
All about sold values. If you're talking PSA, look on their site for Auction Prices Realized. Otherwise, you can do a deep search for eBay completed sales at both PWCC (free login) and worthpoint.com (subscription).

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bagwell-1994 02-22-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictoresno (Post 1857131)
watchcount.com sold listings is a good start. modern card prices can fluctuate literally daily like the stock market. its a good way to keep track of daily ending prices. but, its not gonna be the end all say all. and auction prices realized on the PSA website I think rely on the person putting the cert number in the description. ended listings usually show up there quick, however not all make their way there. ive seen plenty of cards sell but not show in the APR. I personally use both as a reference, and have noticed that the APR averages are a pretty close representation of the ebay auction prices for the most part, but not as accurate as you checking watchcount.

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bmx807 03-01-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1856982)

One point with PWCC, if they were the seller consider that the equivalent of beckett high book value most of the time. Really the best way to check card values is to just check ebay completed items. If you want to see the rise/fall of card values checkout worthpoint.

swarmee 03-01-2019 05:31 AM

The PWCC site I mentioned has 14 years of Ebay sold listings you can access for free, not just sales from their account.