Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   won this yesturday (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=275770)

w7imel 11-11-2019 06:55 PM

won this yesturday

1 Attachment(s)
I have been a life long fan of the Reds and have wanted this ring forever. I won my first auction ever at a big auction house. What do you guys think? How did I do?

w7imel 11-11-2019 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
side view

bnorth 11-11-2019 07:20 PM

Now that is a strange item, a replica ring from a World Series played 16 years earlier. Then the fact it was given to the owners dogs veterinarian.

Now that is a super awesome oddball item, congrats on the pick up. I hope it fits you so you can wear it.:D

w7imel 11-11-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1930604)
Now that is a strange item, a replica ring from a World Series played 16 years earlier. Then the fact it was given to the owners dogs veterinarian.

Now that is a super awesome oddball item, congrats on the pick up. I hope it fits you so you can wear it.:D

Me too..What I liked about it it was 14K gold instead of the 10K she gave to the players.. Was nice of her to give her vet a better ring than she gave the players who earned it.

todeen 11-11-2019 10:27 PM

That's awesome! I hope you're a Reds fan. If you are, from one Reds fan to another, congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

perezfan 11-12-2019 12:26 AM

Yep... congrats! That was unfortunately our last hurrah. I can remember it like it was just yesterday. Rijo, Hatcher, Sabo, Larkin, and the Nasty Boys were awesome. Nobody gave the Reds much of a chance, so the sweep was ever so sweet. Would love to experience just one more Pennant for the Redlegs before I kick the bucket.

Gorgeous Ring... Marge must’ve loved Schottzie’s Vet quite a lot, to splurge for the 14K version. She was pretty well-known to pinch a penny or two!

MooseDog 11-12-2019 09:05 AM

As a lifelong A's fan, this is not something I wanted to see first thing in the morning. (Thank you, Billy F'n Hatcher...)

:mad:

However as a lifelong collector, congratulations on the pickup! Awesome!

:)

2dueces 11-12-2019 12:30 PM

That is a beautiful ring. Modern championship rings have gotten so big and gaudy that they are hardly wearable. Congratulations

w7imel 11-12-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 1930649)
That's awesome! I hope you're a Reds fan. If you are, from one Reds fan to another, congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am a Reds fan and always loved the look of this ring. I have seen several "Salesmans samples" over the years but always passed. The salesman samples were either just gold plated or the diamonds were CZ diamonds. This ring was about as nice as I have seen being 14K gold and real diamonds. I think it is cool it belonged to Shotzies vet too!! It is correct size for me so yes I plan to wear it some.