Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jets ticket stub ID.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256643)

whitey19thcentury 06-23-2018 08:11 PM

Jets ticket stub ID....

1 Attachment(s)
Clearing out a semi large Jets/Giants ticket stub collection I bought some time ago and found this stub. I think this is from the 1973 season, more specifically, the OJ Simpson 200 yard game.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this stub is from that game, does anyone have any idea if the turnaround time at PSA got any better for tickets? I waited about 3 months for my previous ticket order.

Huysmans 06-24-2018 01:24 PM

Sorry, I can't help you.
I clicked on this thread because I thought you were referring to the REAL Jets...
The Winnipeg Jets :D

yankeesjetsfan 06-25-2018 01:55 PM

I'm no ticket expert, but the Jets only played 6 games at Shea in 1973 due to the Mets having first rights to Shea for their playoffs and World Series run. Bills played the Jets on the last game of the year, which would have been game 6, not 7. Again, I'm not an expert, but I would probably say that's not the OJ game. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can chime in.

Mike

roarfrom34 06-25-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesjetsfan (Post 1789733)
I'm no ticket expert, but the Jets only played 6 games at Shea in 1973 due to the Mets having first rights to Shea for their playoffs and World Series run. Bills played the Jets on the last game of the year, which would have been game 6, not 7. Again, I'm not an expert, but I would probably say that's not the OJ game. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can chime in.

Mike

I'm sure when the Jets tickets were originally printed, they wouldn't have known if the Mets would be post season bound.

Just a thought.

roarfrom34 06-25-2018 03:04 PM

Maybe someone can post a link, but currently on eBay is a Game 6 stub vs the Colts dated 12/02/73

Fballguy 06-25-2018 07:25 PM

That's the Bills game. Just curious what PSA will charge you to authenticate that? Not sure what authentication will do for you....but if it's going to cost more than $20 I wouldn't bother.

Interesting how the game has changed. The Bills had 62 rushing attempts in that game and 5 pass attempts.

ooo-ribay 06-25-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 1789846)
That's the Bills game. Just curious what PSA will charge you to authenticate that? Not sure what authentication will do for you....but if it's going to cost more than $20 I wouldn't bother.

Interesting how the game has changed. The Bills had 62 rushing attempts in that game and 5 pass attempts.

How do you know it’s 1973? :confused:

whitey19thcentury 06-25-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 1789846)

Tickets are not my specialty, and in doing research, I can't find a stub from this game popping up recently. The conditions were horrid for this game, and nice examples of the program rarely surface.
I am not sure of the "value" of this stub, but OJ did go over 2,000 yards on the season in this game, a first. I figure this would be a neat stub to have for the football collector.
I am not a fan of getting things slabbed just for the sake to do so, but with this, I think it would be best because of the lack of date and the Bills logo being torn off.

Fballguy 06-25-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey19thcentury (Post 1789865)
Tickets are not my specialty, and in doing research, I can't find a stub from this game popping up recently. The conditions were horrid for this game, and nice examples of the program rarely surface.
I am not sure of the "value" of this stub, but OJ did go over 2,000 yards on the season in this game, a first. I figure this would be a neat stub to have for the football collector.
I am not a fan of getting things slabbed just for the sake to do so, but with this, I think it would be best because of the lack of date and the Bills logo being torn off.

There are several examples of this stub selling on Worthpoint. All raw and all with at least a portion of the Bills helmet. They sold from $39 to $99. The $99 might be an overstatement. Worthpoint doesn't account for ebay's "best offer" option. It only shows the BIN price. It's possible a lower offer could've been accepted there. I'm guessing yours, with no reference to the Bills, would be at the low end of that spectrum....so not sure slabbing is worth the hassle or money.