Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brockelman & Luckey Auctions Preview is Up! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116230)

Orioles1954 09-23-2009 11:44 AM

Brockelman & Luckey Auctions Preview is Up!

Very solid effort! As someone who works in the industry, it's nice to see another company who "gets it". With this format, whether you have tens of thousands of dollars to spend, or you're a small fish (like I am), there will be something interesting and unique for you. Great job Leon and Scott!

James

19cbb 09-23-2009 12:04 PM

Very nice selection.
Good luck!

Kawika 09-23-2009 12:04 PM

Just looked it over. Definitely your best auction yet, guys.

Leon 09-23-2009 12:04 PM

thanks

Thanks James....We are just doing the best we can. There should be things for everyone. NO reserves as there are a few higher opening bids that act as them. Those will protect the consignors somewhat, which we feel is important. It will be opened up to bid this coming Monday...and until then we will be correcting a few typo's and maybe even adding another lot or two. Good luck to all who bid.

barrysloate 09-23-2009 12:28 PM

Nice auction, Leon and Scott.

Rob D. 09-23-2009 12:35 PM

The write-ups, well, they're exquisite.

There's no telling how much extra money you've made for your consignors.

Excellent job.

jbsports33 09-23-2009 12:58 PM

Brockelman & Luckey Auctions Preview is Up! Reply to Thread

some great looking stuff guys!

Jimmy

Leon 09-23-2009 01:09 PM

so much $$

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 751677)
The write-ups, well, they're exquisite.

There's no telling how much extra money you've made for your consignors.

Excellent job.

Rob- We feel that most of our lots are fairly self explanatory. While other auction houses, many times, fail to give nice front AND back scans....we sort of feel that is the most important thing. We don't have half page dissertations or lots with flowery descriptions. Sometimes those things make my chuckle. ...Hey, it's great for some auction houses but we prefer an honest, simple approach. No auction house bidding, no employees bidding, no hidden reserves (never had any to start with), pay consignors extremely quickly, lowest total fees in the hobby....
ya' know, the kind of things that make sense. regards

ChiefBenderForever 09-23-2009 01:13 PM

Very nice !! I was hoping you might have atleast one lot I would want to bid on, instead there is about 5-6 oh s*&^(

ethicsprof 09-24-2009 02:31 PM

B-L

Great work Leon and Scott.
it pleases me to see to be able to find great auctions from within our own
hobby family.

best,
barry

Adam 09-24-2009 07:13 PM

Any reason the T206 Broadleaf 460 is not graded? Strikes me as odd.

David R 09-24-2009 10:49 PM

My only criticism is that some cards have opening bids that are 80% or more of current market value. That's more like an eBay buy it now to me than an auction.

Rich Klein 09-25-2009 05:26 AM

David

Although I agree with you that 80 percent of market value is too high for any auction lot; at least; when you see something like that; you realize there are no "hidden reserves" to push bidding up. I'd rather see a slightly higher min bid (lets say 50 percent) than a low bid with other issues.

Regards
Rich

Peter_Spaeth 09-25-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David R (Post 752006)
My only criticism is that some cards have opening bids that are 80% or more of current market value. That's more like an eBay buy it now to me than an auction.

Why should a consignor not be able to set a reserve that is fully disclosed?

Leon 09-25-2009 06:51 AM

it's not our intention

Please show legitimate instances of an 80% value , as an opening bid, and we will take another look and speak with our consignors. I don't think there will be many like that. As a matter of fact that is not our intention at all. However, if a consignor says they want that kind of reserve we will usually do as they ask. So, please show all of the cards starting at 80% value and we will see if we can get the opening bids lower. I can't promise it will happen but I can promise I will try. regards

ps...the BL460 came in too late to get graded

Rob D. 09-25-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 752024)
Please show legitimate instances of an 80% value , as an opening bid, and we will take another look and speak with our consignors. I don't think there will be many like that. As a matter of fact that is not our intention at all. However, if a consignor says they want that kind of reserve we will usually do as they ask. So, please show all of the cards starting at 80% value and we will see if we can get the opening bids lower. I can't promise it will happen but I can promise I will try. regards

ps...the BL460 came in too late to get graded

And while you're fulfilling Leon's request, I'd like to see BIN's on eBay that have the items priced at 80 percent of market value. 150 to 200 pecent? Sure. But 80 percent?

chaddurbin 09-25-2009 11:31 AM

i'm only familiar with caramel pricing, but i guess because the lowest starting bid is $100(?) some of the e90-1s, e92s, e95s, e96s, e97s, e102s...when you also consider the BP are around 80% of the prices i've seen them go for the past year or so. i only looked at the 1st 100 lots.

biggest b-l auction yet hopefully i'll finally win something.

David R 09-25-2009 08:45 PM

I am on my blackberry and can't access the auction site but one lot I recall off the top of my head as being 80 percent or more of market is the SGC 30 green Cobb at $799. A comparable SGC 30 just sold on our BST for $800 and a nicer SGC 30 just sold on eBay for $967.

calvindog 09-26-2009 04:48 AM

I think David's point is well-taken; however, I'll take transparency over hidden reserves and blatant fraud anytime.