Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LOTG Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=200112)

7nohitter 01-18-2015 12:45 PM

LOTG Auction

This was the first auction site, other than ebay and the B/S/T here that I've signed up for. Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I AM surprised at how low some of the items sold for. Is this common?

I was bidding on the Satchel Paige signed 8x10 (did not win) but now wish I had bid on other items. What I bid on the Paige I could have had 2 or 3 other great lots.

Is this typical, or was this auction under the radar?

Just wondering.

Republicaninmass 01-18-2015 01:05 PM

Everything I wanted went to high

familytoad 01-18-2015 01:41 PM

This was purposely a lower grade, lesser priced auction , (2nd annual?)
Not to say there were not some great lots...there were plenty!

The couple lots I bid on we're not "must haves" so I didn't bid real high.

With the 15 minute rule for all lots though, once your Paige lot was over your threshold, you might have been able to jump over to another lot.
I guess that's the best thing about that closing style...time to look over and re- assess your bidding across the whole auction.

danmckee 01-18-2015 01:45 PM

The items I wanted went through the roof as well.

Jason 01-18-2015 02:21 PM

Overlooking the results this morning I thought some things went for lowered than I expected them to. I won two items and one didnt even get near my max bid. Great honest bidding auction thank you LOTG.

GregMitch34 01-18-2015 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Won this cabinet at low price, wild card, wonder what anyone thinks of it?

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1421616366

iwantitiwinit 01-18-2015 02:55 PM

He's not going to catch up to a 95 mph fastball given the size of that bat.

Wildfireschulte 01-18-2015 03:06 PM

I think all of the cabinets went pretty cheap

Jason 01-18-2015 03:46 PM

I really like that Cabinet Greg. I put in the initial bid. Very cool piece congrats!

whelenfan 01-18-2015 04:07 PM

I won one lot of t205' the Downey with American beauty back and the ml'er. Happy with my max winning... Can't wait to get them in hand.

Republicaninmass 01-18-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whelenfan (Post 1368587)
I won one lot of t205' the Downey with American beauty back and the ml'er. Happy with my max winning... Can't wait to get them in hand.

I came very close to throwing a big or two st that lot
... Which means you got a great deal!

Congrats

cardsfan73 01-18-2015 04:27 PM

This was also my first time participating in an auction other than ebay. I picked up the 1951 Topps Connie Mack's All-Stars Grover Alexander. I know the card was in rough shape but it fits into my collection on several different levels.

My primary focus is St. Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Browns Cards. Had been wanting a vintage card of Alexander in a Cards uniform for some time.

I am also working on putting together a Topps 'Type' collection so this checks one more thing of the list for me there.

I put in a few early bids on the T-207 lots and also had interest in the Turkey Red Ed Konetchy but a limited budget forced me to focus on the Alexander.

Very happy with my pick up!

Scott

Republicaninmass 01-18-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whelenfan (Post 1368587)

I came very close to throwing a bid or two at that lot

Congrats

kamikidEFFL 01-18-2015 05:12 PM

I have watched and bid on things in the past. I thought some things went high but I found a few went for some fair prices.

frankbmd 01-18-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 1368568)
He's not going to catch up to a 95 mph fastball given the size of that bat.

That's why he is using his glove to protect his "junk".

iwantitiwinit 01-18-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1368634)
That's why he is using his glove to protect his "junk".

That's a pretty small glove.

whelenfan 01-18-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1368590)
I came very close to throwing a big or two st that lot

Congrats

Lol! I had set my limit at $50 and was a little surprised that I won it. Needless to say, I am quite happy and realize how nice of a deal.

wilkiebaby11 01-18-2015 08:10 PM

I wish LOTG had auctions more often. I can always grab a deal on a lot or two, but a lot of the lots that I bid on go extremely higher than I would have thought. Like any auction, you got to have the right people bidding. Some categories may end a little lower than normal where others go way over "market value". All part of the auction process. LOTG is legit though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVSNYC 01-19-2015 06:43 AM

I won the T206 Cycle 460. Strong price for a common.

Al does a fantastic job, I've bought and sold many things with LOTG, always happy.

earlywynnfan 01-19-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsfan73 (Post 1368602)
This was also my first time participating in an auction other than ebay. I picked up the 1951 Topps Connie Mack's All-Stars Grover Alexander. I know the card was in rough shape but it fits into my collection on several different levels.

My primary focus is St. Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Browns Cards. Had been wanting a vintage card of Alexander in a Cards uniform for some time.

I am also working on putting together a Topps 'Type' collection so this checks one more thing of the list for me there.

I put in a few early bids on the T-207 lots and also had interest in the Turkey Red Ed Konetchy but a limited budget forced me to focus on the Alexander.

Very happy with my pick up!

Scott

Not to put pressure on Al, but you will probably be surprised at how fast you get your winnings, too!

Al C.risafulli 01-19-2015 09:14 AM

You guys are the best.

Thanks so much for participating in the auction - the Set Builder's Auction has turned into something that's a lot of fun for me.

Please keep in mind that today is a postal holiday, so nothing will ship until tomorrow at the earliest.

Now its time for me to turn my attention to the next catalog auction; I've still got a week or two during which I'll be accepting consignments. Please get in touch!

Thanks again for all your support!

-Al

DixieBaseball 01-19-2015 09:31 AM

Great Auction -

I am amazed that more auction houses have not even considered easy checkout like the LOTG auction house. I log on to my account, click on paypal or credit card and pay for my goods within 30 seconds. Too easy and much appreciated. Very customer focused. Also, I won a handful of items and the selection was good on post and pre-war.

7nohitter 01-19-2015 09:55 AM

Great experience...definitely looking forward to the next auction!

ethicsprof 01-19-2015 10:17 AM

Lotg

always great fun with al c at the helm!
I picked up some aaron cards for an aspiring little leaguer who loves cards
and is getting over an illness.
I also picked up a stamp album which was my favorite item during the early years of my .250 batting days.
congrats everyone,
best,
barry

cardsfan73 01-23-2015 07:40 PM

That was quick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1368805)
Not to put pressure on Al, but you will probably be surprised at how fast you get your winnings, too!

You were not kidding!! The card was shipped quick & they did an outstanding job on the packaging. Thanks to Al & everyone else at Love Of The Game for providing an outstanding first auction house experience for me!

Scott

Theo_450 01-23-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1368518)
This was the first auction site, other than ebay and the B/S/T here that I've signed up for. Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I AM surprised at how low some of the items sold for. Is this common?

I was bidding on the Satchel Paige signed 8x10 (did not win) but now wish I had bid on other items. What I bid on the Paige I could have had 2 or 3 other great lots.

Is this typical, or was this auction under the radar?

Just wondering.

I had a large consignment to LOTG a while back, and I only have great things to say about LOTG and Al! The set builders auction is a cool niche. Look back through some previous auction results to see how they do on higher dollar items. I for one was very pleased at the results of my consignments, and with Al's top notch customer service.

CW 01-23-2015 07:48 PM

Fast shipping on my item and packaged perfectly. Al and Love of the Game auctions are top notch in this fine hobby.

He's a pretty cool guy in person, too. ;)

iwantitiwinit 01-24-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo_450 (Post 1370932)
I had a large consignment to LOTG a while back, and I only have great things to say about LOTG and Al! The set builders auction is a cool niche. Look back through some previous auction results to see how they do on higher dollar items. I for one was very pleased at the results of my consignments, and with Al's top notch customer service.

Same here, I consigned items to past auctions and was very satisfied with the level of communication with Al and most importantly prices realized. A great experience.

kamikidEFFL 01-24-2015 11:59 AM

Packaged arrived today and I'm very happy with how quickly shipping is

GregMitch34 01-24-2015 02:00 PM

Even faster delivery than usual when informed Al I might be away when package would likely arrive.