Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suggestions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=60906)

Archive 09-13-2001 11:58 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Elliot (pro9)</b><p>I am very open to suggestions as to how this board should be run. It was set up in a rush when I read the post from John that he was shutting down the Full Count Board. I would prefer to wait on making many changes until we see if this board has active readership and postings. Please note that the time of the posts seem to be off by 7 hours, and I will see if I can correct the problem. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS, as many things are possible.<BR><BR>Elliot

Archive 09-14-2001 01:58 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Thanks a lot @!!!!!!!......I agree completely with you and hope all will come to this site. It was nice of John and Mike to let folks know you have done this. They are a class act.....best regards

Archive 09-14-2001 08:30 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Elliot (pro9)</b><p>Leon, I agree they are a class act, and I thanked them via e-mail after I saw they put a link to this forum up on their website.

Archive 09-14-2001 08:35 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>He seems like a really nice guy that I have a lot in common in with. After speaking with him privately I now understand more why John did what he did. It just wasn't worth it.... He had to run for now but would like to speak with you when you get a moment about the "2" sites.....I think he and I agree (not that I matter that much) that 1 might be better.....ya'll just need to talk.....he really is nice.....I told him I will be like the middle sparrow in a flock......best regards....and thanks again !!!!!!

Archive 09-14-2001 09:09 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Elliot (pro9)</b><p>I just sent Mike an e-mail, after reading his post on this forum, probably while you were posting this message. We'll try to work something out.

Archive 09-15-2001 06:18 AM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>HalleyGator</b><p>.

Archive 09-15-2001 10:21 AM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I've corrected the time problem. I've also added a chat function (click on chat at the top of the board), we can see if this proves useful. I've changed the number of threads on a page to 15 (from 10)(older ones go to a previous page), as I think this might work better, in terms of the number of active threads we seem to have. Let me know what you think.

Archive 09-15-2001 10:52 AM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>JMK</b><p>Hi Elliot,<BR><BR>Thanks so much for setting this up. I really do like the format a lot that you can see a whole thread without having to click to see individual messages, and without having to necessarily see the whole list either. <BR><BR>I like the Yahoo board but honestly think that the format of this one is a lot more user friendly at least as regards the messaging part. Not sure about chats and galleries. What's wrong with two boards? Can we have this one for messages and threads and maybe the Yahoo one for galleries, special events, chats, etc. The communication should be easy enough anyway. I myself will keep up with both and thank you and Mike for providing them.<BR><BR>Joann

Archive 09-19-2001 03:30 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Scott Forrest</b><p>I was a little down about losing the Fullcount board, but this one is great - thanks for the effort to get it going and keep it running.

Archive 09-19-2001 07:22 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Anthony</b><p>Elliot, first off thanks for setting this up. I like the format better than the yahoo board, much easier to read the posts, and it loads faster than the full count board. One suggestion, since the Yahoo board seems to be pre '41, maybe by opening this up a bit (maybe pre '56 or so) it will pull a few more people in.

Archive 10-01-2001 06:55 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Elliot:<BR><BR>Thanks for this forum. The format is nice and clean, and I look forward to participating in the vintage card conversations. <BR><BR>Best regards. Patrick.

Archive 10-02-2001 04:02 PM

Suggestions

Posted By: <b>Vognar Julie</b><p>That's from an, I mean, OLD Broadway show. Is anyone spendng any money for this forum that we should be reimbursing them for?<BR><BR> Julie