Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1951 Bowman Football (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=223345)

999Tony 05-19-2020 11:44 AM

Please stop posting these cards. I did not know they came with borders, or could have bright colors. Wow. I can see why you might prefer to collect those despite higher price!

Now I need to erase this thread from my memory. Don’t know if I can.

wbell 07-21-2020 02:10 PM

1950 Bowman Football

I am (4) cards short of the set now so.....

I have extras if anyone is interested....recruits1@verizon.net
I am in Lucas, Tx and completely new to this forum.
Regards,
Wendell

jefferyepayne 07-22-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbell (Post 2001204)

Regards,
Wendell

Congrats, Wendell. Which 4 are you missing? Are you working on other football sets?

jeff

Jayworld 07-24-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbell (Post 2001204)

Regards,
Wendell

Hi, Wendell (my middle name!). We are virtually neighbors. I lived in Allen for 21 years and just recently moved to Anna, to the quieter country life! Still holding at 74 cards...

Jayworld 03-21-2022 09:37 AM

Well, as a follow-up to my last post almost 1 1/2 years ago (or maybe more?), I now have 116/144. Getting slowly closer now. I'm now down to needing a few superstars, rookie cards, and, as I like to put it, "ultra commons" (a greater than common card in price). So things are still moving along but at a slower pace. Still, the set is very do-able...

jefferyepayne 03-23-2022 04:12 PM

Great progress. Congrats Jay!

jeff

Jayworld 07-25-2022 09:01 AM

Updated progress; now down to just 14 cards, as I have 130/144, with the latest addition being #137 Charlie Trippi. What I have found out since I started this journey about 11 years ago, is that some of the cards still left that were very affordable that I passed on at the time to concentrate on Landry, Van Brocklin, Baugh, Tittle, etc. have now, in some cases, SURPASSED the prices I paid for the superstar cards, so, in essence the last several cards needed are really slow. I collect VG overall and DON'T collect graded cards.

Still, a fun set, and getting really close. It will probably be the only complete Bowman card set I will own, as my first collectible "love," the 1951 Bowman baseball, is just plain out of reach and really always has been. The football set is a pretty good substitute, with very similar design and artwork.

dave416 08-03-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayworld (Post 2245672)
Updated progress; now down to just 14 cards, as I have 130/144, with the latest addition being #137 Charlie Trippi. What I have found out since I started this journey about 11 years ago, is that some of the cards still left that were very affordable that I passed on at the time to concentrate on Landry, Van Brocklin, Baugh, Tittle, etc. have now, in some cases, SURPASSED the prices I paid for the superstar cards, so, in essence the last several cards needed are really slow. I collect VG overall and DON'T collect graded cards.

Still, a fun set, and getting really close. It will probably be the only complete Bowman card set I will own, as my first collectible "love," the 1951 Bowman baseball, is just plain out of reach and really always has been. The football set is a pretty good substitute, with very similar design and artwork.

Good luck on the search Jay! May be a long shot but I have Lynn Chandnois, Woodley Lewis, and James Finks raw if you happen to need any of those - GL finishing it!