Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Price help needed please (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=221680)

Rookiemonster 04-28-2016 08:48 AM

Price help needed please

How much should a raw 1 at best Jim brown rookie sell for ?

TanksAndSpartans 04-28-2016 11:17 AM

In theory a 1 could be a real beater that just looks terrible or it could be a nice well centered card with some paper loss on the back. Since the card is raw and you think its a 1, I'll assume its not a case where just the "technical" grade is low on a card that looks great. In the best case of a great looking card, I'd guesstimate 150

A typical 1, maybe 80? But I'm cheap. This wasn't the question, but I think there is good value in that card around the PSA 5 grade which seems to hover around 300 - the nice ones going a bit over and the not so nice ones going a bit under. I say its good value because if spending 100 on a nice 1, or maybe 200 on a nice 2, 250 on a nice 3, etc. for not that much more its possible to jump all the way up to a 5 which is a grade that's easier to resell. This is all just opinion though - a pure collector would say don't look at the grade, evaluate for yourself, but in the current environment, I think the grade matters.

Rookiemonster 04-28-2016 11:23 AM

Thanks John that helps . I don't have a pic of the card .
I know a guy selling 3 all different grades . Probably none higher then a 3 .
The cheapest one has water damage and is wrinkled. He's asking 200 ungraded.
I really want a Jim brown rc but I don't want to over spend. I haven't tried to talk him down at all. But I just might dive in to looking for a cheap pas 5 .

Thanks again !

Laxcat 04-28-2016 11:27 AM

I've had a "2" sitting in my case raw for $150 and no one has bit yet.

pariah1107 04-28-2016 11:33 AM

$90-100 is a fair offer for the Brown Rookie 1, with as much as a $25 bump for great centering. $150 for a 2 is very fair as well, if I didn't already have one I'd pick that up Matt :) Good luck with the sale.

TanksAndSpartans 04-28-2016 02:14 PM

Hi Dustin, You're welcome - that card comes up quite a bit in auctions. I think low grade cards tend to come up less in auctions because chances are the owner knows odds are against getting a good price... I think patience is your best bet if you want to add the card to your collection without over spending. As an example, I picked up a nice 48 Leaf PSA 2 Luckman for around 83 - similar good auction deal on my PSA 1 33 Grange - I like picking up cards that way, but typically you have to sacrifice centering to some extent (great centering in any grade seems to generate interest). I've bought cards outside auctions, but I feel like its gotten tougher to do as I've gotten a little more knowledgeable about prices. Although, there were several cards a board member posted just this last Saturday with very fair prices - take a look at Matt's 2 - might be the right card....

Rookiemonster 04-28-2016 02:33 PM

Thanks again John ! Thanks lax and pariah if there is any more help or info please let me know. I'll check out the brown for sale .

Head928 04-29-2016 01:16 PM

Low grade Brown RCs can vary a lot in "eye appeal" but I agree with most of the posts around $100 is a fair price to get one in your collection.