Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I dunno, should I leave bad or neutral feedback? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=229561)

david_l 10-06-2016 10:36 AM

I dunno, should I leave bad or neutral feedback?

I'm usually pretty kind in my ebay feedback and have only left two neutral reviews in well over a decade. That said, I'm a bit annoyed at a recent seller.

I spent $180 on some cards from an international seller. The seller left the cards in the soft plastic pages and just stuck them in a soft mailing envelope (most sellers, as you know will use cardboard or some other material to provide reinforcement). There was no reinforcement at all.

It was a miracle the cards weren't destroyed in the shipping process. The original auction scans weren't great and I suspect that some minor damage did occur. I got a pretty good deal though so I can live with the condition they arrived in. I'd also have a difficult time proving actual damage.

The seller I got them from has over 8000 positive feedback, no negative feedback, and has been selling for ages. I contacted them to let them know I thought their shipping was unacceptable. I was polite but to the point.

They gave me a "sorry you were unhappy but this is the way we always ship cards and have never had any complaints." They offered to refund the cards if I sent them back. I don't want to return the cards but I also wouldn't mind warning other potential buyers. If I had seen such feedback it would of given me pause during my purchase.

Am I just being difficult? Should I just let it go or leave some unflattering feedback? Thoughts?

Leon 10-06-2016 11:22 AM

I understand your frustration but they offered a refund. I would let it go... That is my half-cent valued view....

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_l (Post 1591495)
I'm usually pretty kind in my ebay feedback and have only left two neutral reviews in well over a decade. That said, I'm a bit annoyed at a recent seller.

I spent $180 on some cards from an international seller. The seller left the cards in the soft plastic pages and just stuck them in a soft mailing envelope (most sellers, as you know will use cardboard or some other material to provide reinforcement). There was no reinforcement at all.

It was a miracle the cards weren't destroyed in the shipping process. The original auction scans weren't great and I suspect that some minor damage did occur. I got a pretty good deal though so I can live with the condition they arrived in. I'd also have a difficult time proving actual damage.

The seller I got them from has over 8000 positive feedback, no negative feedback, and has been selling for ages. I contacted them to let them know I thought their shipping was unacceptable. I was polite but to the point.

They gave me a "sorry you were unhappy but this is the way we always ship cards and have never had any complaints." They offered to refund the cards if I sent them back. I don't want to return the cards but I also wouldn't mind warning other potential buyers. If I had seen such feedback it would of given me pause during my purchase.

Am I just being difficult? Should I just let it go or leave some unflattering feedback? Thoughts?

mikemb 10-06-2016 12:09 PM

Could you put something like this in your feedback: "Cards arrived safely but could have been better protected"? It may not help anyone else as if they get a lot of feedback, yours will be pushed down. I agree with Leon that since they did offer a refund, not to make a too big deal out of it. Mike

david_l 10-06-2016 12:45 PM

You're right. I'll drop it. I don't want to come off like a jerk. It's the "we've always done it this way and never had any complaints" comment that irked me. I wish they'd just say "thanks for bringing up the issue, we'll look into it. It'd be a shame for cards to get damage unnecessarily."

Thanks for the feedback. I'm letting it go.

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-06-2016 01:16 PM

that's what the star rating system is for. I'd ding his shipping charges because he cheaped out on packaging while leaving him positive feedback because I'm happy with my purchase.

PolarBear 10-10-2016 10:18 PM

If the cards are acceptable, I'd let it go. I've had stuff shipped in a PWE. As long as it's undamaged, I'm good.

If it's damaged due to poor packing, I'll try to work it out but if I can't, I'll leave a negative.