Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your current football card collecting projects (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244762)

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-10-2017 09:18 AM

Your current football card collecting projects
 
So, what is everyone working on these days? These projects don't have to be sets, just anything football related. Let's do it this way:

1. What was the last project you completed?

2. What is your current project?

3. What might you start after you complete your current project? Because it is never too soon to start looking ahead!

For me:

1. 1966 Topps
2. 1965 Philadelphia
3. Maybe 1966 Philadelphia or a Fleer set...I wish 1952 Bowman Large

Let's hear from you guys!! What a terrific hobby!



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jefferyepayne 09-10-2017 05:38 PM

Last project completed:

Recently acquired the last card I needed to complete the 1949 Topps Felt Back master set! Working on an article on them for Gridiron Greats Magazine.

Current project:

Too many to count. Some sets I've recently picked up cards for include: 1961 Golden Tulips Chargers, 1950 Admiral Rams, Fairmont Dairy Chiefs, 1955 Topps All-American (upgrading to PSA 8), 1955 Topps All-American autographed cards.

Future projects:

Anything I don't have is possibly a future project ;-)

jeff

LuckyLarry 09-10-2017 08:30 PM

I picked up a 1952 Bowman Small #48 G. Halas RC which completed my set. The card was an eBay pickup still enroute. This completes my Topps and Bowman sets 48-81.

Current projects include finding affordable cards to complete my 63 Fleer set I need only seven more:) will finish off my Fleer sets.
I pick up 48 and 49 Leaf cards when I see them and I have a wantlist, but I'm not really chasing them full throttle yet.
Also working on the 61 Nu Card set I like these because they are cheap:)
I look for the Topps inserts sets when I can find them cheap and I'm also working on the 62 Topps football bucks and 1968 Topps Stand-Ups too.

My newest project I picked up seven 48-52 exhibit cards and I've fallen hard for these and they are definitely on my radar.

When will this madness end?

Larry

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-10-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 1699816)
I picked up a 1952 Bowman Small #48 G. Halas RC which completed my set. The card was an eBay pickup still enroute. This completes my Topps and Bowman sets 48-81.

Current projects include finding affordable cards to complete my 63 Fleer set I need only seven more:) will finish off my Fleer sets.
I pick up 48 and 49 Leaf cards when I see them and I have a wantlist, but I'm not really chasing them full throttle yet.
Also working on the 61 Nu Card set I like these because they are cheap:)
I look for the Topps inserts sets when I can find them cheap and I'm also working on the 62 Topps football bucks and 1968 Topps Stand-Ups too.

My newest project I picked up seven 48-52 exhibit cards and I've fallen hard for these and they are definitely on my radar.

When will this madness end?

Larry

Larry, like I said in another thread, you are an inspiration! What you are doing is awesome. I am sure that once you go full throttle on those other projects that you will knock them out, too. Keep it going, and please keep us updated. I would love to see that Halas when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-10-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 1699816)
I picked up a 1952 Bowman Small #48 G. Halas RC which completed my set. The card was an eBay pickup still enroute. This completes my Topps and Bowman sets 48-81.

Current projects include finding affordable cards to complete my 63 Fleer set I need only seven more:) will finish off my Fleer sets.
I pick up 48 and 49 Leaf cards when I see them and I have a wantlist, but I'm not really chasing them full throttle yet.
Also working on the 61 Nu Card set I like these because they are cheap:)
I look for the Topps inserts sets when I can find them cheap and I'm also working on the 62 Topps football bucks and 1968 Topps Stand-Ups too.

My newest project I picked up seven 48-52 exhibit cards and I've fallen hard for these and they are definitely on my radar.

When will this madness end?

Larry

Larry, I also would ask (it is a BIG ask) that when/if you get time and want to, please post some scans of the highlights of that Topps/Bowman run from 1948-1981. The highlights could just be your favorites from each set or something. It would make for a great thread! I know that I would enjoy seeing your cards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DBesse27 09-10-2017 11:04 PM

Current projects: John Hannah Master Set, autographed Andre Tippett basic Topps run. And always looking for the Eskimo Pie Gino Cappelletti card listed in my signature.

Last completed project: Cappelletti autographed run

Next project: not vintage, but Tom Brady super collection.

mmier118 09-11-2017 12:09 AM

Current project: finish up my 1952 bowman large set

Last project completed: A 1951 bowman hall of fame run, sometimes I like just completing the members that are in the hall of fame for a certain set. It pains me to spend money on commons sometimes.

Long term projects are the 1935 chicle set and the 1894 mayo set minus Dunlop.

jefferyepayne 09-11-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 1699816)
I picked up a 1952 Bowman Small #48 G. Halas RC which completed my set. The card was an eBay pickup still enroute. This completes my Topps and Bowman sets 48-81.
Larry

Fantastic news, Larry! Congrats on finishing your run.

jeff

P.S. The madness NEVER stops ...

jefferyepayne 09-11-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBesse27 (Post 1699862)
Current projects: John Hannah Master Set, autographed Andre Tippett basic Topps run. And always looking for the Eskimo Pie Gino Cappelletti card listed in my signature.

Last completed project: Cappelletti autographed run

Next project: not vintage, but Tom Brady super collection.

Great stuff, Dan. And good luck with the Eskimo Pie as those a really tough.

Is the Tom Brady run you are thinking of a set defined by PSA in the registry? Would love to know what's in this run.

jeff

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-11-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmier118 (Post 1699873)
Current project: finish up my 1952 bowman large set

Last project completed: A 1951 bowman hall of fame run, sometimes I like just completing the members that are in the hall of fame for a certain set. It pains me to spend money on commons sometimes.

Long term projects are the 1935 chicle set and the 1894 mayo set minus Dunlop.

Good stuff, Mike! Those are some very ambitious projects. I hope to be at that level eventually as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.