Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E-bay authenticity gurantee (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344735)

ChiefBeef 01-05-2024 02:37 PM

E-bay authenticity gurantee

So if you have a certain price you pay on a card, and you get the E-bay examination and their guarantee of authenticity, you have some worth or value assurance there. Aha, wait a minute. If you open the seal placed upon the rear of the Card Saver they ship the card in to you, the authenticity evidently is voided. The label that seals the Card Saver says "void if damaged". Now you are stuck and cannot take the card out and admire it? I am talking about a raw card, not one sealed up in a hard container like psa, etc. I am not particularly fond of keeping my raw card buried inside of three layers of plastic. But what choice do you have? Any thoughts from anyone on this? What would you do?

Gorditadogg 01-05-2024 02:48 PM

I am leaving all mine in their sealed baggies for now. But my cards are just sitting in shoeboxes. If I ever decide to put them in binders, then I'll need to release them from their bags.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

G1911 01-05-2024 03:01 PM

Every one I’ve had I opened without damaging the seal. There’s an old thread when it started where I showed the proof and an opened example with the seal fully intact. The seal on the baggy is meaningless. If you resell the card, it has to go through the process again anyways. There’s no real gain by keeping it in the baggy, even if removal actually broke the seal.

Section103 01-05-2024 04:10 PM

Zero chance youy would be granted the ability to open the card, handle it at your will for as long as you would like and the warranty would still be good. They simply cannot guarantee that you didnt alter it.

It was warranted to you, after that, you bear responsibility. Take it out of the bag and own it.

CW 01-05-2024 05:55 PM

If you bought it to enjoy in your collection, break the seal and take it out of the bag.

I am pretty sure that if you were to resell the card through eBay at a later date, it would still have to pass authentication again even if you listed it inside the sealed bag. How would eBay be sure you didn't tamper with the seal? They're not going to rely on a photo, so it would have to be re-authenticated anyways.

I don't get when sellers list graded cards still sealed in the eBay authenticated pouch. Maybe it gives bidders reassurance, but it's still going to go through the process of eBay authentication which will require the authenticator to break the seal anyways.

CW 01-05-2024 05:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also, like Greg I have also been able to peel back the "tamper proof" label without showing any signs of tampering, as shown here:

Eric72 01-06-2024 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As others have said, the seal isn't really tamper evident anyway. I've opened mine to enjoy the cards.

Leon 01-08-2024 08:25 AM

I haven't left one in a baggy yet....They have some really nice packaging..