Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Eric Thames (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238833)

Snapolit1 04-26-2017 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen the "doesn't even look the same" comment non stop. Probably from people who haven't seen him before.

Here are the before (left) and after (right) pics.

I'd say the arms are essentially the same size, the chest might be smaller on the left than it is today, and the head only looks massive today because of the huge beard (and maybe the tilt of the cap).

Has he gotten bigger? Possibly. But the idea that he looks dramatically unrecognizably different from before is uninformed.

Jason 04-26-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1654723)
42-47-40? please translate.

traditional stat lineup would be:

AVG 2B 3B HR RBI

Sorry

.381 Avg
42 2B
47 HR
140 RBI
40 SB

D. Bergin 04-26-2017 04:14 PM

He killed it in the minors before going to Korea. Just never quite made the splash in the majors. Baseball is littered with late bloomers, all throughout it's history.

...and this is just a 20 game sample size. He'll obviously come back down to earth at some point.

Rookiemonster 04-26-2017 04:29 PM

He does look like bonds in the box especially with that elbow pad but hey if he passes all the drug testing then let him play .

irv 04-26-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1654796)
He killed it in the minors before going to Korea. Just never quite made the splash in the majors. Baseball is littered with late bloomers, all throughout it's history.

...and this is just a 20 game sample size. He'll obviously come back down to earth at some point.

Yep, Josh Donaldson is one.

I assume, if he keeps up this pace, he will be tested as much as Bautista was.

Not off the charts but not too bad, imo.
http://m.mlb.com/player/519346/eric-thames

clydepepper 04-27-2017 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1654777)
I've seen the "doesn't even look the same" comment non stop. Probably from people who haven't seen him before.

Here are the before (left) and after (right) pics.

I'd say the arms are essentially the same size, the chest might be smaller on the left than it is today, and the head only looks massive today because of the huge beard (and maybe the tilt of the cap).

Has he gotten bigger? Possibly. But the idea that he looks dramatically unrecognizably different from before is uninformed.

Looks like a Japanese Power Tat to me.

clydepepper 04-29-2017 08:30 PM

Okay...with new of an unbelievable FOURTH 'Random' drug test, it is officially reached Witch Hunt status!

Why hasn't the Players' Union stepped in?

They need to assume that Ryan Braun may be as 'random' as they guy he hits behind.

I hate it when that arrogant bastard holds up his right arm to the umpire until he is absolutely prepared for the next pitch...Jeter used to do that a lot. Hated it then - hate in now.

Milwaukee's fan base shows how desperate they are when they forgave (and evidently forgot) his blatant and over-the-tops lies a few years ago.

Again, which of HIS stats are real and which are tainted?

-

chaddurbin 04-29-2017 11:51 PM

if he keeps hitting lefties, i'd take ryan braun to the dodgers. as long as he doesn't hit women, abuse animals, and drive drunk...i'm cool with him roiding it up to help the team wins. if you believe baseball is a level-playing field for everyone then keep on believing that.

Snapolit1 05-04-2017 08:17 AM

Funny this guy has been tested three times in a month. Has anyone thought of a possible test for Judge on the Yankees, hitting the ball 475 feet every other night. Probably not.

packs 05-04-2017 08:57 AM

Well the tests I assume are motivated by his past failures at the MLB level and his sudden success after spending time overseas. Foreign players test positive all the time after spending time overseas because of different ingredients in different supplements. I would think that's the impetus for his frequent testing.

Judge doesn't really share any similarities there.