Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Need help - Kevin Keating Re: eBay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=155586)

mschwade 08-20-2012 02:35 PM

Need help - Kevin Keating Re: eBay

Hi all,

Hoping someone purchased from or has more information on the following... I saw on WorthPoint an item that I am interested in purchasing and the description said it was sold by Quality Autographs in 2008.

The beginning of the item description reads "Quality Autographs is offering..."

The bottom part of the item description reads:

"All items we sell are guaranteed for the life of the autograph and come with a letter of authenticity from Kevin Keating.

We offer a 10 day no questions asked return policy. Everything we sell is guaranteed to pass PSA/DNA.

Please email us with any questions prior to bidding

Shipping and insurance is $12.00 within the continental U.S.

Items will be shipped UPS ground , signature required.

We will be happy to combine shipping on multiple item purchases.

Thank you!"

I contacted QAM and asked them what their eBay user ID was that they sold under and they told me those few items they sold on eBay were out-sourced.

Does anybody remember what user ID they sold under? Or did anyone buy from them that can maybe look up the transaction details in their email archives?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

HexsHeroes 08-23-2012 10:29 AM

Matt,

Kevin Keating's eBay id may have been "QAM", or some variation of such. I know I printed some PDF files of various items he was selling at the time, but I am unable to find them. Possibly lost when PC hard-drive crashed and burned three years ago.

mschwade 08-23-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HexsHeroes (Post 1029238)

Matt,

Kevin Keating's eBay id may have been "QAM", or some variation of such. I know I printed some PDF files of various items he was selling at the time, but I am unable to find them. Possibly lost when PC hard-drive crashed and burned three years ago.

NICE!! That was it and found what I needed. Thank you so much Vincent!!!

Take care,
Matt

HexsHeroes 08-24-2012 05:51 AM

Excellent . . .

I'm glad you were able to find what you wanted. Kevin's website use to state that readers could check out what he was selling on ebay. But I see that is no longer posted in his narrative anymore. To be honest, I use to check, and almost never found anything listed. On those few occasions that I did, I usually printed (PDF file) the listing after the auction ended, so that I could reference what the item actually sold for. Many years ago, I use to use 1/5 to 1/10 of Kevin's website sell prices as a gauge for buying tougher autographs. Not very exact, but for most small auctionhouse lots, those calculated values were usually good enough to win. Don't know if that would hold true today. Times have changed.

MooseDog 08-24-2012 07:29 PM

Interesting formula. Did you do any comparisons to actual eBay sales prices to what he has listed on his site?

I've always been curious as to how his prices are nearly always 3x-5x or more what seems to be "market", that is eBay or recent auction hammer prices and to whether he actually sells stuff at those prices or just has a big haggle spread built in.

I figure he might sell to the card companies for those prices, I certainly wish I could get anything close to those asking prices for some of my better stuff.

HexsHeroes 08-25-2012 07:54 AM

It's probably a poor example, but I purchased the Bobby Veach signed cut that Kevin had listed on his website for $795 (for over a year) through a Clean Sweep auction for $200 or so. I wonder if this is one of the second parties that QAM now auctions some of their items through.