Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2018 Collecting Goals (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249253)

Topnotchsy 12-24-2017 10:13 AM

2018 Collecting Goals

Thought this would be fun (I know there is a similar thread on the vintage cards boards). May help people stay focused, allow them to see progress and possibly even lead people to finding the items they are looking for (if someone else who has one of the targets comes across the thread.)

Here are my 2018 goals:

1) For the HOF manager line-up card collection - Pick up a 3-5 more lineup cards signed by HOF managers including at least one from the "top" of my list (would love to pick up a Stengel Yankees lineup card or an old Connie Mack signed card).

2) For the Jackie Robinson/Integration Collection - Would love to pick up a Jackie Robinson Negro League signed baseball. Also looking to pick up programs/materials related to Jackie's barnstorming tours, and other interesting items that tell the integration story.

3) For the Negro League contract collection - Pick up 1-2 more Negro League contracts of either HOF'ers or significant non-HOF players.

4) WWII-baseball collection - Find WWII-baseball items related to Hank Greenberg as well as Bob Feller.

5) Sell off items that are outside of my collecting focus.

yankeesjetsfan 12-26-2017 08:48 AM

My goals are:

1-Finally pick up at least one vintage Yankees bobblehead from the 60's. Would also love to pick up a vintage Jets bobble also, but for now, I am determined to grab a Yankees one.

2-Add more to the Yankees collection. Want to grab more pennants, pins, schedules, etc, especially from the 70's & 80's. Same for the Jets collection.

3-Want to pick up more Reggie Jackson & Don Mattingly Memorabilia. I really want to grab some stuff I saw related to the Reggie Bar. I've seen posters, promotional material, ads that I would love to pick up. I would also be open to grabbing Reggie stuff from the A's & Angels, but since my collection is still in it's infancy, I'm trying to pick up as many Yankees stuff as I can.

4-I know I'll never be able to afford them, but I would love to start collecting game used bats. A little too rich for my blood at the moment, but I can dream.

5- Would also love to one day own a pair of Yankee Stadium seats. Who knows, maybe I can.

6-ORGANIZE!!

Mike

Exhibitman 12-28-2017 11:32 AM

Liquidating most of my memorabilia...got a kid in college who wants to go to med school and has the passion, smarts and grades to do it. That said, I would like to pick up a few more Joe Louis and Benny Leonard pieces.

Mark 12-28-2017 12:59 PM

2018 Goals for collecting bats

My goals are a handfull of early Pirates bats. My principles this year will probably be as follows:

1. Be disciplined. Identify targets that make sense as additions to the current collection. Do not spend money on bats that do not fit with what I have.
2. Be patient. Keep my reserves ready for buying what I really want.
3. Look for items of high quality that I won't want to replace.
4. Forget the first 3 rules and buy any bargain that I see!!!

mrozie21 12-28-2017 02:43 PM

Looking to pick up a Gold 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates game used jersey as well as a nice home flannel jersey.

Almost forgot to add an original “21” patch for a 1973 Pirates Jersey.

Also, any unique Forbes Field items, especially an original “follow me to Forbes Field” sign

Scott Garner 12-28-2017 04:55 PM

Collecting goals 2018

These top collecting goals are similar every year, but:

1) Continue to look for Johnny Vander Meer scarce collectibles that I don't currently own.
At present, my top want in this category would be a D & M Vander Meer endorsed glove for a left handed thrower.

2) Very selectively add Nolan Ryan game used pieces with provenance, especially from his Angels era.

3) Try to find 3 of the 49 remaining Nolan Ryan pitching appearance tickets to complete my collection of 807 career regular season games.

4) Add 1-2 new vintage no-hit tickets that I currently don't own.

5) Find 1 new early vintage no-hit pitcher autograph that I still need. I have approximately 17 obscure names on my want list at present. All pre-date 1920...

6) Get 2-3 of the remaining living no-hit club to sign their no-hit tickets. I currently need about 15 pitchers