Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC Auction Ending Tonight - Interesting Results (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=273449)

Johnny630 12-09-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1937405)
right, blithering morons who know about the billion $$$ scam but support it because they obviously lack education. It's absurd and laughable how people can turn a blind eye to an obvious scam. They can't stop popping. it's way too exciting to pop, I guess and spend there $$$ on idiotic things.

They will be eating cat food during retirement is my guess because they wasted their entire life without a backbone and floated aimlessly through life like a spineless amoeba.

Enjoy looking at your fake, made for slab cards, eating your cat food...

Cat Food ! I love your passion And Guess what others might be in denial, you sure as hell are not! You know how long and deep this goes back. I’d venture to say 30-50% of all early Tobacco cards in PSA holders have been worked on/altered.

bobbyw8469 12-09-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1937407)
No, it's actually very good analogy...

It's actually a terrible analogy. You are comparing a card grader to a drug dealer. Think about that for a moment.

RCMcKenzie 12-09-2019 12:49 PM

A better analogy is selling your 1978 Fiat and then going back to the Fiat enthusiasts chat board and telling everyone how crummy Fiat's are. It's just a hobby. I try to enjoy it for what it is.

bnorth 12-09-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie (Post 1937455)
A better analogy is selling your 1978 Fiat and then going back to the Fiat enthusiasts chat board and telling everyone how crummy Fiat's are. It's just a hobby. I try to enjoy it for what it is.

I told myself yesterday that I really need to do the bolded part. For a long time I have tried to help people not get scammed. For the most part all it has done is cause me grief. It is super easy to con someone, it is almost impossible to convince that same person they have been conned.:confused:

Goudey77 12-09-2019 01:12 PM

Falling on deaf ears and sounding like a broken record on Net54 to the same crowd.

More importantly let's get this thread back on track. How are the December results panning out?

They had some excellent Cobb's go off in auction last night!

RCMcKenzie 12-09-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goudey77 (Post 1937459)
Falling on deaf ears and sounding like a broken record on Net54 to the same crowd.

More importantly let's get this thread back on track. How are the December results panning out?

They had some excellent Cobb's go off in auction last night!

The low pop, low grade mello mints sold well. I swung and missed on all 4. I really wanted the Tinker, it's a tough one.

And, Ben, no worries, I'm not a graded card guy. I'll be okay. Thanks, Rob

t206fanatic 12-09-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie (Post 1937468)
The low pop, low grade mello mints sold well. I swung and missed on all 4. I really wanted the Tinker, it's a tough one.

And, Ben, no worries, I'm not a graded card guy. I'll be okay. Thanks, Rob

The Tinker sold at LOTG for $2400 in 2016, and yesterday for just over $1500-- market was a bit drier for the card this go 'round.

RCMcKenzie 12-09-2019 02:55 PM

e105

I hope they come down some more, so I can collect this set again. I should have kept bidding on the e105 Evers in Heritage. the winner of that one got a nice card.

x2drich2000 12-09-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie (Post 1937513)
I hope they come down some more, so I can collect this set again. I should have kept bidding on the e105 Evers in Heritage. the winner of that one got a nice card.

and at a fabulous price. Too many auctions going at once stopped me from going after it.

irv 12-09-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1937450)
It's actually a terrible analogy. You are comparing a card grader to a drug dealer. Think about that for a moment.

Like the drug dealer, if you keep supporting them then they won't change, but will in fact, bring more harm to the neighborhood/hobby like I already mentioned.

Think about that for a moment.

perezfan 12-09-2019 05:30 PM

I like the analogy. Aren’t baseball card collectors basically addicts as well?

Both the Drug Dealer and TPG are benefitting from illegal sh*t, and will continue to do so until people stop paying them.

The only significant difference is that the local drug dealer makes small potatoes, when compared to his counterparts in Newport Beach.

Peter_Spaeth 12-09-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1937588)
I like the analogy. Aren’t baseball card collectors basically addicts as well?

Both the Drug Dealer and TPG are benefitting from illegal sh*t, and will continue to do so until people stop paying them.

The only significant difference is that the local drug dealer makes small potatoes, when compared to his counterparts in Newport Beach.

There is no equivalence here. Are you seriously equating the damage drugs do to people with altered baseball cards? Come on Mark.

perezfan 12-09-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1937590)
There is no equivalence here. Are you seriously equating the damage drugs do to people with altered baseball cards? Come on Mark.

Ok... it was a “tongue in cheek” comment. Of course the drug dealer is more criminal and harmful to society. Goes without saying...

But there is a little similarity there, with regard to the addiction thing. I fully admit to being an “addict” and a slave to this stuff. And have spent money in unhealthy ways- when it could’ve gone towards bills or charity or something more meaningful to basic life needs.

So I do think that TPG and Drug Dealer both benefit from addictive human tendencies.

Can we at least agree on that? :rolleyes:

Peter_Spaeth 12-09-2019 05:49 PM

Fair.

RCMcKenzie 12-09-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x2drich2000 (Post 1937537)
and at a fabulous price. Too many auctions going at once stopped me from going after it.

Yeah, I was the under-bidder, go get 'em next time, I guess. I kept saving for the next auction. At least I have a hobby bankroll left for the next auctions.

irv 12-09-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1937590)

You're missing the point entirely. I am talking about supporting an undesirable, whether that person is a drug dealer, a crooked accountant, a crooked lawyer, a crooked car salesman, a crooked business, whoever. Why would one use these known entities that exploit this type of behavior then continue to do so?

Johnny630 12-10-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1937691)
You're missing the point entirely. I am talking about supporting an undesirable, whether that person is a drug dealer, a crooked accountant, a crooked lawyer, a crooked car salesman, a crooked business, whoever. Why would one use these known entities that exploit this type of behavior then continue to do so?

Sadly because it’s not the good of the hobby to many it’s about the good of their wallet bottom line.

It’s a shame.....it is what it is.....has always been this way. It’s corrupt but it’s just baseball cards, we are just malcontents on a message board. It’s better for me to remember the fun this hobby brings.

I’m going to just try and find some joy left from it. Life is to short to be bitter and angry.....the heck with it.

maddux311 12-13-2019 10:38 PM

Rally Rd. E98 Cobb

1 Attachment(s)
With all of the talk on the E98 Cobb PSA 9s, I found it interesting to see one on Rally Rd with a 39k valuation.

calvindog 12-14-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux31 (Post 1938774)
With all of the talk on the E98 Cobb PSA 9s, I found it interesting to see one on Rally Rd with a 39k valuation.

That’s very interesting considering it just sold in REA for 19.2K and in Heritage for 19.2K. Like a week ago. Oh and in PWCC for 20.9K in September. Those are the last three auction sales. That’s what I’d call a consensus.

Peter_Spaeth 12-14-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux31 (Post 1938774)

I thought Rally Rd was for sportsCARS??

Rhotchkiss 12-14-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1938787)
That’s very interesting considering it just sold in REA for 19.2K and in Heritage for 19.2K. Like a week ago. Oh and in PWCC for 20.9K in September. Those are the last three auction sales. That’s what I’d call a consensus.

Does that mean PWCC shilled it up $1700? ;) :p :o

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. For what it’s worth, I have seen prices in the past 3-4 pwcc auctions, on things I collect, more in-line with expectations; although I am still angry, dubious and not bidding yet.

Fuddjcal 12-14-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1937450)

I still like the analogy. :D A card grader (PSA) is every bit as bad as a drug dealer in this wild west, ripe with fraud scenario. Collectors like yourself are addicted to PSA, their slabs, their pops and all the BS that goes along with it.

If you can't stop in the face of this billion $$$ fraud.... I hate to break it to you, but you are addicted.

Fuddjcal 12-14-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie (Post 1937610)
Yeah, I was the under-bidder, go get 'em next time, I guess. I kept saving for the next auction. At least I have a hobby bankroll left for the next auctions.

Me too...I am so excited for the next PWCC fake trimmed auctions...You guys sleigh me :D:D:D:D:D:D

Fuddjcal 12-14-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1937691)

bing bing bing....Let's all go out and support Ponzi, I mean PSA because we don't believe he/they are a crooked in the face of losing our $$$$$.:D:D

let's all do the right thing and continue to support a fraudulent system where collectors get taken behind the woodshed and have the snot beat out of them like a red headed step child...it's fun to support crooks! PSA rocks, let's POP!!!!!

phlflyer1 12-22-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1916108)
Not sure where I heard that the highest grade pre was a "6" but shame on me for passing it along unresearched.

Hi Scott,

I don't stop by the board too often or else I would have responded earlier but I had the E98 set below (which I obtained from the original collector with my father back in the mid 1970s) graded at the 2005 National in Chicago.

Before the BSF, it was by far the highest graded set of E98s and has several examples that were graded higher than a 6 by SGC.

https://sgclegacy.com/usersetcomposi...&usersetid=872

Regards,

Scott

pokerplyr80 12-22-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1938800)

I just had to google them. Apparently you can buy a share of various collectibles, not just cars. I think I will pass either way.

ullmandds 01-15-2020 06:07 AM

Pretty crazy prices last night with PWCC. RUTH STRIP...albeit a colorful one sold for crazy money!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-W519-S...8AAOSwlLheEO5d

iowadoc77 01-15-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1947257)
Pretty crazy prices last night with PWCC. RUTH STRIP...albeit a colorful one sold for crazy money!!!!

Crazy money for that card even if it is one of the nicest ones out there

maddux311 01-15-2020 07:13 AM

I would say it is fore speculators rather than collectors. I became aware of them when they made available a T206 Wagner, that way I could say I owned one. ;)

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...s-memorabilia/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1938800)

Rhotchkiss 01-15-2020 07:59 AM

I didn’t even follow this auction - looked at the offerings when the auction began and there were very few cards I was even remotely interested in, so I guess I forgot. Time permitting, I may go back and look at the sale prices on a few t206s and see how they compare.

t206fanatic 01-15-2020 08:11 AM

There was a PSA 8 McElveen last night that previously sold at HA for $2220 in Sept -- went for $1790.

phikappapsi 01-15-2020 08:21 AM

I was watching the E98's; seeing if/when we ever find a bottom from the apparent limitless supply from the BSF. Crazy that a 8.5 Cobb goes for $11K (crazy cheap IMO) but it's apparent the supply side is not done yet, and those that bought BSF cards early on are taking a beating.

That set will end up the most affordable/attainable high grade set of E-Cards - which is kind of fun, since assuming everyone agrees about the provenance/authenticity; at least with those you can feel pretty sure they're unaltered.

pokerplyr80 01-15-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1947257)

That was a nice looking card. Apparently I under estimated the market on it.

ullmandds 01-15-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1947340)
That was a nice looking card. Apparently I under estimated the market on it.

That's one way to rationalize the hammer?

pawpawdiv9 01-15-2020 01:34 PM

i was bidding on the 1908 E102 Cobb (sgc10). It was nice and the wrinkles didnt bother me. I forgot that it was ending last night. I thought it was under-priced.