Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just returned from Ft. Washington (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=76332)

Archive 03-05-2005 07:44 PM

Just returned from Ft. Washington

Posted By: <b>David Seaborn</b><p>Just got back from the show and wanted to share my thoughts. I picked up a few items but no jaw droppers, it's getting so hard to find quality vintage cards...even there. That being said, most of the guys I talked to said they were doing well selling their material. It's still one of the best shows around even if it isn't like it was a few years ago.<br /><br />Also, it was great to visit with some of the vintage dealers - in particular Terry Knouse (Jr.) and Dan McKee. The SGC guys were great with their customer service (as usual) and GAI looked like they were doing well with there unopened grading. Don't know about PSA, never even walked by them. Now if only I could have found one decent Mayo or Baltimore N172!!

Archive 03-05-2005 08:46 PM

Posted By: <b>john/z28jd</b><p>I was there today and it seemed real crowded as compared to the last couple i attended last year.I even overheard a few dealers say how good the crowds were

Archive 03-05-2005 09:37 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>The Fort Washington shows are some of the best anywhere. I'm very envious of you east coasters because you have the Fort Washington shows several times a year. Terry Knouse's traveling museum of material is worth the price of admission.

Archive 03-06-2005 05:05 AM

Posted By: <b>Kevin Cummings</b><p>While I was encouraged by the number of N172s (there were more than at the last Fort Washington show and Goodwin is going to have some <b><u>blazers</u></b> in its next auction), unfortunately there was nothing for me to buy.<br /><br />I did get some very nice grades from SGC on material I brought to them and got to chat for a while with Jay Miller, John Dreker, Dan McKee, Terry Knouse (Jr), Roger Burns and Ron Vitro. They were worth the trip.

Archive 03-06-2005 12:32 PM

Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>my first major show experience...was a lot of fun, overwhelming when you dont really know anyone. I arranged to buy some cards from Dan Mckee and ended up buying even more from him. He's a great guy and probably thinks I am too since I overpaid for a Mathewson, but hey, its my first show and he gave me a good deal on another card. Didnt meet anyone else by name, but it seemed like a pretty good crowd. Looking forward to my next one wherever that may be.

Archive 03-07-2005 07:48 AM

Posted By: <b>david</b><p>i was a little disapointed. most of the old judges were over priced. only about four mayos at the whole show. tik had three of them. a rusie, a clarkson and one other and there was an anson. not a single crofts cocoa or mello mint to be found and other then tik 19th century material was pretty much non existent. guess that leaves me more money to spend on the lipset and re auctions next month

Archive 03-07-2005 07:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Josh Wulkan</b><p>It was one of the best Ft. Washington Shows in recent memory. For the first time in quite a while, the public was more interested in card and memorabilia collecting, than in the free autograph guest.<br /><br />We were able to take several good consignments and buy a lot of great stuff for our next auction.<br /><br />I too spent a fair amount of time with "ittle Danny McKee" and was able to speak and see many others, who we love to do business with 4 times per year in Ft. Washington.<br /><br />Josh

Archive 03-07-2005 08:55 PM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Thanks guys for the kind words, and thanks Josh, I have lost about .000001 lbs. Hey, I will buy that matty back from you Rob. Let me know if you are not happy with it. My best dan.

Archive 03-08-2005 07:28 AM

Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Did you Ft. Washingtonians find much in the way of these caramel cards (E94, E97, E98, E99, E100)and if you spotted any, were they selling for prices comparable to what they were getting on ebay?

Archive 03-08-2005 08:03 AM

Posted By: <b>david</b><p>tbob<br />i was looking at all the caramel cards trying to track down e92s and the prices for ecards were out of hand. the tougher issues were non existent and the e95s were way over priced a psa2 e95 cicotte had a 450 price tag on it. a e90-1 young boston in very very poor condition was marked at 250. there were a few crofts candy cards priced very high but no crofts cocoas and no mello-mints, no e107 and nothing especially interesting. there were a bunch of cracker jacks though but those were a little high also