Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is it ok to fold an LOA to pack for shipping (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=246540)

Topnotchsy 10-22-2017 10:36 AM

Is it ok to fold an LOA to pack for shipping

Hey all,

I've had this come up a couple of times recently when selling items and was hoping for thoughts.

Is it ok to fold an LOA so that it fits into the box when shipping a signed baseball, or should I send it separately (or use a much larger box)?

Would your opinion be the same regardless of the price point, or do you think that over a certain price point (or possible full LOA vs. auction LOA) might be the distinction?

Thanks

gnaz01 10-22-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topnotchsy (Post 1712781)
Hey all,

I've had this come up a couple of times recently when selling items and was hoping for thoughts.

Is it ok to fold an LOA so that it fits into the box when shipping a signed baseball, or should I send it separately (or use a much larger box)?

Would your opinion be the same regardless of the price point, or do you think that over a certain price point (or possible full LOA vs. auction LOA) might be the distinction?

Thanks

Personally I wouldn’tz I’ve received some that are folded and it hacks me off, but just my opinion.

Thecafewha 10-22-2017 10:58 AM

Never fold unless buyer says ok (in which case they might not even want the LOA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapolit1 10-22-2017 11:11 AM

Personally I wouldnt care if it was neatly folded. If I cared I’d put a few book on it and flatten it out. But I agree better to ask before folding it.

ooo-ribay 10-22-2017 11:51 AM

most are pretty worthless, anyway....

thetruthisoutthere 10-22-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Hey all,

Thanks

Absolutely Not.

RedsFan1941 10-22-2017 02:29 PM

do any of the tpgs grade and encapsulate LOAs?

Forever Young 10-22-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1712790)
Personally I wouldn’tz I’ve received some that are folded and it hacks me off, but just my opinion.

Agreed. I would not want the Loa folded 4-8 times into a cube. Common sense. That said, I wouldn't pass on buying an item based on if it was folded either obviously. It is still an loa. My thought are, If you scanned it with your item Unfolded, it should be mailed unfolded.

Topnotchsy 10-22-2017 03:08 PM

Feels good to not be the only anal person haha.

GoCubsGo32 10-22-2017 03:44 PM

I'm okay with it either or. I think it's acceptable if it's business tri-folds...

Bpm0014 10-22-2017 04:02 PM

I honestly can't believe this is even a topic. Why would it even matter if someone bought an autograph and the LOA that came with it was folded??

Bestdj777 10-22-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 (Post 1712882)
I'm okay with it either or. I think it's acceptable if it's business tri-folds...

Agreed. I collect modern game used and about half of the carts are folded and in Steiner envelopes. I could care less as I collect items, not certs. If it was torn, stained, or completely balled up, I might be a little annoyed though, primarily just because it would make it harder to store.

alexanderautographs 10-22-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1712852)
do any of the tpgs grade and encapsulate LOAs?

HAHAHAHA!! Now that's a good one! Slap a sticker on it and Slab that bad boy!

MrSeven 10-22-2017 05:49 PM

As long as its not folded into an origami swan or similar, I'm okay with folding for shipping purposes.

Topnotchsy 10-22-2017 10:04 PM

Buyer messaged that he was ok with folded after I had packed them up separately. Cost an extra couple of bucks but not a huge deal...

drcy 10-22-2017 10:12 PM

Fold it

edtiques 10-22-2017 10:20 PM

If it comes from Coaches Corner,it would be OK to ball it up and throw it away.

edjs 10-22-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderautographs (Post 1712928)
HAHAHAHA!! Now that's a good one! Slap a sticker on it and Slab that bad boy!

Would it then need it's own LOA? :D

thecatspajamas 10-23-2017 05:50 AM

Depends on how it was listed. If the LOA was just verbally described, then who's to say it wasn't folded in the first place? If you pictured an unfolded LOA though, that's how it should be delivered.

Or perhaps base your shipping price on how you would have to pack it to have the LOA delivered unfolded, and offer a discount if the buyer is okay with it being folded into a smaller box.

Either way, I have learned not to underestimate what might seem to be minor details to me, but turn out to be a neg-worthy detail for a buyer.

Topnotchsy 10-23-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1713005)
Depends on how it was listed. If the LOA was just verbally described, then who's to say it wasn't folded in the first place? If you pictured an unfolded LOA though, that's how it should be delivered.

Or perhaps base your shipping price on how you would have to pack it to have the LOA delivered unfolded, and offer a discount if the buyer is okay with it being folded into a smaller box.

Either way, I have learned not to underestimate what might seem to be minor details to me, but turn out to be a neg-worthy detail for a buyer.

That's how I see it.

megalimey 10-23-2017 06:58 AM

adds no weight so shipping cost not impacted

Quote:

Hey all,

Thanks

it adds no weight so shipping cost not impacted that greatly , I have shipped some expensive balls with LOAs I place LOA in between hard cardboard
and place ball on top , then bubble wrap , the box may be bigger but it will weigh no more than a few ounces more , it may cost a few bucks extra at most , but the LOA will not have a large crease , and your buyer will be happy

autograf 10-23-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1713005)

+1 for Lance's answer......it you have to ship in a bigger box, they should have to pay for that. A folded COA will fit in a smaller, cheaper box though.