Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Love of the Game auctions! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179713)

leaflover 12-03-2013 05:22 PM

Love of the Game auctions!

In this era of bashing auction houses.... I must say that my recent and first experience with "LOVE OF THE GAME" couldn't have been better. Lot descriptions and scans were excellent. Payment was made easier and quick by allowing Paypal.
Shipping was fast(no sitting on the lots waiting for checks to clear). Most important, was that 2 of the 3 lots I won were at less than my "maximum" bid.

"Mikey Likes 'em"

jthorst75 12-03-2013 05:39 PM

+1.
My first experience too and I couldn't be happier. What did you win? I got my Cobb for less than my max bid also even including the fees. I highly recommend them!

3-2-count 12-03-2013 07:12 PM

With all the ongoing crap we hear going on with so many other AH's and on line consignors Al's auction (Love of the Game) stands out as one of the best venues one can choose for both buying and consigning. Just a quality organization and an even better person.

AddieJoss 12-03-2013 07:14 PM

I've had a good experience consigning and purchasing from "Love of the Game".

dog*dirt 12-03-2013 07:23 PM

Accurate scans and descriptions, nice assortment of cards and quick shipping for buyers and quick payment for consigners. One of my favorite AH out there.

paul 12-03-2013 07:24 PM

I thought their prices were too high. :)

DerekMichael 12-03-2013 07:30 PM

i have to agree, and there seems to be a pretty general consensus, Al C is the man ... i have only bought once, but it was lightening quick and super smooth

i will always remember Al as the guy who showed me the first ever T206 Eddie Plank I have seen in person, and still the only one i have seen in person ... when i first saw it on his table, my eyes must have exploded out of my head ... i asked him "do you think i could hold it for just a second?" ... he just laughed and said of course, a very nice guy who seemed to really enjoy these old cards, not just the prices that they are capable of bringing

keep it up Al, you rock!

Derek

seablaster 12-03-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-2-count (Post 1213089)
With all the ongoing crap we hear going on with so many other AH's and on line consignors Al's auction (Love of the Game) stands out as one of the best venues one can choose for both buying and consigning. Just a quality organization and an even better person.

'Nuff said.

:)

MVSNYC 12-03-2013 07:59 PM

I believe (according to Al), I am the only person who has consigned to every one of his auctions. In fact, we're meeting up this week so i can give him more. i think that says a lot about Al and the auction house he runs. top notch across the board.

sox1903wschamp 12-03-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 1213123)
I believe (according to Al), I am the only person who has consigned to every one of his auctions. In fact, we're meeting up this week so i can give him more. i think that says a lot about Al and the auction house he runs. top notch across the board.

And on the flip side, I have won something from each of his auctions. Great auction house.

sycks22 12-03-2013 09:15 PM

Al always runs a smooth auction and you couldn't meet a more honest person in the hobby.

Theo_450 12-03-2013 09:32 PM

I made a LARGE consignment to LOTG two auctions ago. Couldn't be more pleased with the results, and Al's honesty, integrity, and TALENT. He is a great marketer. He worked hard to make sensible and appealing lots. He is also a very personable and knowledgeable fellow, and I enjoyed our many conversations. Keep up the good work Al!

CW 12-03-2013 10:03 PM

1. accurate descriptions

2. accurate scans

3. accepts Paypal

4. ships fast, VERY safely, and does not use shipping charges as a revenue source

5. has good taste in music ;)

atx840 12-03-2013 10:16 PM

Love of the Game auctions!

+1 Agree with everyone on here. I have won and consigned items with Al and recommend his auction every chance I get. A true pleasure to deal with, very knowledgeable and a collector at heart.

Side note, Al showed me my first Plank as well....pretty cool.

wonkaticket 12-03-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 1213123)

Mike are you saying that since Al is taking time to meet up that says a lot about Al, or are you saying the fact he has you as a consignor says a lot about Al? :D

Al is a very nice person and a passionate collector it really shows. His auctions have been strong as well I hope he can get a foot hold and make a mark hopefully these troubling times will thin the heard a bit.

Cheers,

John

E93 12-04-2013 10:04 AM

I have both consigned and won lots with LOTG and had an A+ experience in every respect. Al also happens to be a super nice guy and extremely honest.
JimB

t206hound 12-04-2013 11:04 AM

consigning

I consigned to three separate AHs that had auctions ending mid-November. As of yesterday, I've only received a consignment check from one: LOTG

Luke 12-04-2013 01:48 PM

Made my first purchase from them in the most recent auction and was very pleased. Card was shipped very securely, and arrived much quicker than I expected.

ScottFandango 12-05-2013 03:07 PM

yup

great auction house..

and they OVER PROTECT the cards with a great shipping method!

well done

Rickyy 12-05-2013 06:01 PM

My first auction and experience with Al was also tops!

Ricky Y

rainier2004 12-06-2013 06:03 AM

I've never consigned, but Al would be the only one I would ever consign to.

LOTG has cheap and fast shipping, always makes me a happy buyer. Great AH.

slipk1068 12-06-2013 04:41 PM

Won a few lots. The only thing I can say is AAA+++++++++++++++++

ethicsprof 12-06-2013 06:17 PM

Lotg

Received my sgc96 schoendienst today and it is gorgeous and the expert packing would receive an even higher grade than my card!!
Al puts a great deal of effort in every facet of his auction and goes way beyond the call of duty in customer service.
I'm proud to have been part of every auction and will continue being a small
part of Al's top shelf auction house.
all the best,
barry

kamikidEFFL 12-07-2013 05:41 AM

I never heard of this auction house but after reading such great reviews I may have to check it out. Thanks guys

x2drich2000 12-07-2013 06:25 AM

As everyone else has stated, Al's great to deal with. I had the pleasure of speaking with him again yesterday at the Philly Show, just wait until you see some of the goodies he has coming up in the next auction.

DJ