Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What's Your Favorite Memory of This, the Year of the Homerun? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245555)

clydepepper 09-30-2017 09:28 AM

What's Your Favorite Memory of This, the Year of the Homerun?

Was it the new statistics such as exit velocity that were produced to keep the pinball-like atmosphere sufficiently described?

Was it Giancarlo's #59, which topped the new stat of exit velocity at 118MPH?

Was it the a player named Scooter joined the elite 4-HR game list and hit four grand-slams?

Was it the fact that just one year after surrendering one of the most famous homeruns of all-time, every single ML pitcher who faced him in the batter's box this year, somehow contained Bartolo Colon and kept him in the park?

What's your favorite?

bnorth 09-30-2017 09:53 AM

Not a specific event, this is the first time in many many years I have enjoyed baseball again. I can't even count the number of games I have watched this year on tv. I also attended my first game in many many years. Kinda weird watching a Yankees or Red Sox game and not knowing a single player on either team. Yes I am one of those really weird people as they are my favorite 2 teams.:D

MrSeven 09-30-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1705929)

Was it the player named Scooter J.D Martinez who joined the elite 4-HR game list (off four different pitchers) and hit four three grand-slams while posting 29 home runs and 65 RBI in 59 games?

Fixed that for you. Watching the slugging of the Diamondbacks this season is amazing.

clydepepper 09-30-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1705947)
Fixed that for you. Watching the slugging of the Diamondbacks this season is amazing.

Just to be clear, both are true - thanks for posting.

MrSeven 09-30-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1705961)
Just to be clear, both are true - thanks for posting.

Couldn't help with the sarcasm as a Diamondbacks fan. Too bad J.D. will probably walk in the off-season.

Touch'EmAll 09-30-2017 12:12 PM

I have really enjoyed following the rookie season of Aaron Judge. And there is a very nice close race for the NL Cy Young - Kershaw vs. Scherzer (but Strasburg has been lights out lately).

Jason 09-30-2017 02:01 PM

I was able to attend a Chicago vs Chicago game while in town for the National. By far my favorite Baseball memory of the season. Pretty heated fan rivalry. I saw and heard alot at that game:D

cardsfan73 09-30-2017 08:20 PM

Judge having a monster rookie season!

I have also really enjoyed watching the Cleveland Indians this year, I have become a huge Jose Ramirez fan. I really wish my Cardinals would have hired Francona instead of Matheny. I feel like we would have won a lot more games!