Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battlefields, War Eagle, Candiman Et Al (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254031)

Yoda 04-20-2018 03:31 PM

Battlefields, War Eagle, Candiman Et Al

Perhaps someone can more informed can advise what is the state of play with the sons redeeming the sins of the father. Have they put up another auction, and if any winners of raw cards in the last one submitted their jewels to a TPG, what were the results? This saga is getting close to "All the Days of Our Lives."

Peter_Spaeth 04-20-2018 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oy.

buymycards 04-20-2018 05:19 PM

Candiman

Their auction is running now. http://candimanauctions.com/catalog.aspx

They don't have any items on eBay at the moment, at least not on this account.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sipeemend1/...1&_ipg=&_from=

I am suprised that no one has commented on them for a while.

Rick

frankbmd 04-20-2018 05:27 PM

I checked yesterday. Their auction has roughly 750 lots, of which 675 have no bids. Lots of good deals remain. Items not shipped from Houston or Little Rock will be shipped from Dothan, I think. If you are being shut out at REA, take a look.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of candiman auctions, nor am I a paid spokesperson. I have been to Dothan (once in 1961 I believe), but have not slept in a Holiday Inn there.

mintacular 04-20-2018 05:52 PM

Sins

Wouldn't it be sins of the mother in their case :confused:

ALR-bishop 04-20-2018 06:30 PM

It is obvious now that Frank is a shill for Candiman

Jenx34 04-20-2018 10:03 PM

I got banned for speaking my mind. There are two long threads on here. The general consensus is the are merely an extension of Battlefield. They always have an excuse for the questions they want to answer and avoid those they don't. Proceed with caution...

joshuanip 04-20-2018 10:32 PM

Check the top and right edges on this Ted Williams. As wavy as a lava lamp. No mention of it being altered but anyone can see it’s poorly trimmed.

The auction layout was weird. Not chronological or featured. Starts with a bunch of mid 70s graded cards in nice condition. Is that suppose to earn credibility? But then goes back to pre-war and older, which can only be the battlefield cards.

http://candimanauctions.com/mobile/L...ventoryid=2448

This place needs to be shut down.

Wite3 04-21-2018 11:00 AM

Just wait, the cards don't have bids yet...candiman has just not had time to place them yet, but they will be there... they will make sure of it...

Beastmode 04-21-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wite3 (Post 1769374)
Just wait, the cards don't have bids yet...candiman has just not had time to place them yet, but they will be there... they will make sure of it...

:D

bobbyw8469 04-23-2018 06:20 AM

I was the "underbidder" on the Hank Aaron authentic in the last auction. One week later, the exact same card was auctioned by Candiman on Ebay. That told me all I needed to know about Candiman auctions.

ezez420 04-24-2018 11:59 AM

Ok all. Here were my results from grading on main cards. I will never buy a raw card from Candiman again as they are clearly overstating every card.

1952 Jackie Robinson NM- had wrinkles. Water stain and looks like residue. They did refund so no issues and Daniel did show good communication and customer service

1952 Howe-stated to be Near mint. This card came back VG/Ex

1953 Howe- stated VG/Ex- this card came back Good+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbyw8469 04-24-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezez420 (Post 1770268)
Ok all. Here were my results from grading on main cards. I will never buy a raw card from Candiman again as they are clearly overstating every card.

1952 Jackie Robinson NM- had wrinkles. Water stain and looks like residue. They did refund so no issues and Daniel did show good communication and customer service

These results are not surprising. You know what they say about leopards and spots.

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

As reported by Daniel, you had a very positive experience. Perhaps not.

EDIT He did not say "very," my bad. Full quote below.

Batpig 04-24-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Yikes. Those aren't even close.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-24-2018 02:35 PM

Since I am in the auction business I try not to speak ill of others in the business. Here are the facts of my transaction:

I received my invoice but it included credit card processing. I emailed upon receipt and asked for an invoice that reflected a payment by check. I received that fairly quickly and mailed out a check immediately.

2 or 3 weeks went by and I got an email asking when I would be sending payment. I explained that I had mailed payment weeks earlier. I was told they would check and get back to me. That is the last I've heard. The check has never posted, but I obviously don't have the cards that I won either.

ezez420 04-24-2018 02:40 PM

Like I said I got a refund on Jackie but last I checked, this issues do not make a NM card. I think this card would grade a 3. I would not be as annoyed if the other two cards graded close to where they were advertised but clearly it is the same crap.

QUOTE=Batpig;1770295]Yikes. Those aren't even close.[/QUOTE]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7120acc6e5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2cdbd90bf2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3d653d9e91.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobbyw8469 04-24-2018 02:50 PM

Yea...that's bad. They are taking advantage of collectors on multiple levels. All in the name of a dollar. And using religion as a shade to boot. tsk Tsk.

ullmandds 04-24-2018 02:53 PM

you can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him/her drink!:p

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 03:29 PM

"1 card returned by Ed and I'm sure he will let you guys know that he had a positive experience with us and plans to bid in our future auctions."

cardsnstuff 04-24-2018 03:38 PM

Those corners on the Robinson don't even look NM; but I have been considering lasik, so what can I see.

Batpig 04-24-2018 03:53 PM

I don't want to imply the Jackie was photoshopped, but it was totally photoshopped. Compare the auction listing to the pics Ed posted. Here's the original listing for comparison.

http://candimanauctions.com/mobile/L...inventoryid=29

Clearly the same card with some digital lipstick.

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 03:58 PM

I wonder where Jackie will resurface.

ezez420 04-24-2018 04:28 PM

I do not want to bash on here and leave that to others. That is not why I collect. I state the facts and try to inform people when I can. But I will say I took these pictures with my phone/ipad with normal lighting and showed many imperfections that would have led me not to bid and realized this was a VG to maybe VG/Ex card. A couple of people saw these pics from me but I wanted to wait to see if it was just one card or multiple cards. I got my answer this week.

Yes grading is subjective and people are not experts but we all know what wrinkles, creases, stains, residue, roller marks are, corner nicks are. These should be pointed out.

Battlefields business model of cracking stuff out and brightening the lighting to hide imperfections did not work and led to their demise.

I am bidding on some of the items in Candiman’s auction but no longer can give benefit on raw cards. There are positives of customer service from Daniel and the packing of product. So if he learns from his past mistakes I am sure he will have good auctions.
But seriously get rid of the raw cards.

Batpig 04-24-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezez420 (Post 1770342)
I do not want to bash on here and leave that to others. That is not why I collect. I state the facts and try to inform people when I can. But I will say I took these pictures with my phone/ipad with normal lighting and showed many imperfections that would have led me not to bid and realized this was a VG to maybe VG/Ex card. A couple of people saw these pics from me but I wanted to wait to see if it was just one card or multiple cards. I got my answer this week.

Yes grading is subjective and people are not experts but we all know what wrinkles, creases, stains, residue, roller marks are, corner nicks are. These should be pointed out.

Battlefields business model of cracking stuff out and brightening the lighting to hide imperfections did not work and led to their demise.

I am bidding on some of the items in Candiman’s auction but no longer can give benefit on raw cards. There are positives of customer service from Daniel and the packing of product. So if he learns from his past mistakes I am sure he will have good auctions.

Ed, I don't understand why you would want to give business to a person who obviously photoshopped the card you purchased. That along with the pile of other evidence should be more than enough to make it clear they aren't worthy of anyone's business.

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek:

bobbyw8469 04-24-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batpig (Post 1770344)
Ed, I don't understand why you would want to give business to a person who obviously photoshopped the card you purchased. That along with the pile of other evidence should be more than enough to make it clear they aren't worthy of anyone's business.

The shill bidding is what ticked me off.....you CAN NOT tell me they had that many dead beat bidders in their first auction. The Aaron rookie showed up one week later on Ebay. They didn't even give the winner bidder enough time to pay. That is because there was no winning bidder. I was bidding against the house.

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 05:56 PM

Based on Ed's experience they probably did you a favor.

irv 04-24-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1770345)
:eek:

Surprisingly, they chose not to comment? :rolleyes:

As they say, "The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree"

joshuanip 04-24-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Also, why would you want to bid on something where underbidders are reporting the cards they didnt win went immediately to ebay. This impacts graded as well.

Peter_Spaeth 04-24-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1770359)

They are busy men.

irv 04-24-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1770367)
They are busy men.

No doubt they are! Just thinking of all the extra work it likely takes to photoshop, then write up all their lying, deceitful listings, makes me wonder how they do it. :rolleyes:

Dewey 04-24-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1770376)
No doubt they are! Just thinking of all the extra work it likely takes to photoshop, then write up all their lying, deceitful listings, makes me wonder how they do it. :rolleyes:

Then find the time to handle refunds and returns from people, who knowing the facts, still bid with them. Unbelievable.

slidekellyslide 04-24-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Wait, what?

Stuff trumps all.

PiratesWS1979 04-24-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

I think RockledgeSportsCards put an end to them commenting. Whoops, who would of thought a well respected seller like RockLedge would be reading this forum...and actually called them out.

Peter_Spaeth 04-25-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

If it fell at all.

bobbyw8469 04-25-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1770458)
If it fell at all.

LOL....touche!

Batpig 04-25-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1770458)
If it fell at all.

Pretty sure it's been Daniel (or whoever it is) all along. Candiman is just the way they're dumping inventory after getting booted off of eBay, and the "give us a chance" routine was to keep as many people bidding as possible. Pretty sure it doesn't matter though as apparently they can screw some people and they'll still come back for more.

bnorth 04-25-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batpig (Post 1770498)
Pretty sure it's been Daniel (or whoever it is) all along. Candiman is just the way they're dumping inventory after getting booted off of eBay, and the "give us a chance" routine was to keep as many people bidding as possible. Pretty sure it doesn't matter though as apparently they can screw some people and they'll still come back for more.

I agree with most of this. I do not think they are dumping inventory. I would bet most of this is new stuff they bought for this auction. I know some of the graded Mantles are recent eBay purchases.

buymycards 04-25-2018 12:12 PM

Auction

They now have 2561 items in their current auction. Approximately 900 of them have bids.

bobbyw8469 04-25-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1770552)
They now have 2561 items in their current auction. Approximately 900 of them have bids.

I can promise you I am not bidding.

markf31 04-25-2018 12:38 PM

Market research is the basis for any successful company, or criminal enterprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1770345)

cardsnstuff 04-25-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1770550)
I would bet most of this is new stuff they bought for this auction. I know some of the graded Mantles are recent eBay purchases.

How do you know this; can you post the ebay listings. Than we can seeing their buying id's too.

slidekellyslide 04-25-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1770552)

Are they adding lots as the auction goes along??

Peter_Spaeth 04-25-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1770560)

I'll take that pledge. :rolleyes:

buymycards 04-25-2018 02:42 PM

Auction

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1770590)
Are they adding lots as the auction goes along??

Yes

frankbmd 04-25-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1770612)
Yes

Lots of lots. ;)

Jenx34 04-25-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Me too, then again, I am banned from bidding! Not sure if it is what I said in here or the Google Review I left for them. I consider it an honor.

Jenx34 04-25-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1770575)
How do you know this; can you post the ebay listings. Than we can seeing their buying id's too.

Here is a '56 Topps Mantle PSA 8. - They paid $8k for it. Bought with the Lexus1584 ID. Current bid $5711.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Topps-...p2047675.l2557

frankbmd 04-25-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

I take the pledge as well.