Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   40th birthday baseball road trip (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135008)

almostdone 03-29-2011 08:10 PM

40th birthday baseball road trip

My 40th birthday is comming up this year and my wonderful wife is giving me a baseball road trip with one of my best friends.

We are planning on going at the end of Sept. and going to two games. One in Baltimore aginst the Red Sox and the other in Washington against the Braves.

We already have great tickets to the game at Camden Yards in Baltimore but are looking for some in Washington. Since the Oriole game is the one I want to go to more we spent a good part of our budget there so I'm looking for any advice on the Nationals ballpark.

Is there good seats cheap? Is there any bad seats?

Any advice and help would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice and information that may come my way.
Drew

mark evans 03-30-2011 04:00 PM

I share season tix to the Nats.

It's a new ballpark so all seats are decent. Kind of like Camden Yards but without the wonderful view.

The park is located on the subway line for easy access. But, the area is undergoing redevelopment so refreshments are limited to overpriced ballpark food and beer.

Mark

BearBailey 05-17-2011 09:07 PM

The Left Field and Right Field corners are relatively cheap tickets for Washington. $25 give or take a few dollars, you can get right at the bullpen, so if you are there to see a particular team and or Pudge you can get some good photo ops. You can take the Metro right to the stadium and out as the stadium is not really close to anything as all of the redvelopment to that area has been but on hold. The stadium is OK. Camden Yards is great!!! It should be a nice way to spend your birthday. Enjoy!!!!

dstraate 05-18-2011 01:48 PM

I saw the Nats at RFK in their inaugural season. Let me tell you. There were plenty of crummy seats in there...

bbcard1 05-20-2011 12:01 PM

You won't have any problem with tickets...ebay can be a choice, but you'll probably do just as well looking around...

My best advice...park at a metro station and take the subway in. Will save you parking and lot of other hassels. Pops up right at the ball park. Hydrate and bring water it you can. It's $5 a bottle in the park.

BradH 05-25-2011 07:18 PM

Send me a PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostdone (Post 882338)
My 40th birthday is comming up this year and my wonderful wife is giving me a baseball road trip with one of my best friends....I'm looking for any advice on the Nationals ballpark.

Is there good seats cheap? Is there any bad seats?

Any advice and help would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice and information that may come my way.
Drew

Drew-
Happy birthday - I have tickets that you can have for free. Send me a PM.

Brad

Vol 06-15-2011 06:45 PM

Late seeing this thread. Think it would be great to visit some ballparks around the country. Hope you are making it happen.