Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Another POS bites the dust,, and his mom too (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247202)

RichardSimon 11-06-2017 03:12 PM

Another POS bites the dust,, and his mom too

What a story this one is.
Long story but worth the read,, and who comes out of it with the big bucks??
F-----g ebay.
Ebay and PP cleared $300K on this forgers sales.
Too bad the current thieves were not located in Ohio, where the FBI busted this trash.

https://www.si.com/longform/true-cri...lia/index.html

thetruthisoutthere 11-06-2017 04:21 PM

Ebay wins again!!!

And they continue to win with sales of the "Florida" forgeries continuing and more robust than ever.

shelly 11-07-2017 07:59 AM

We have FBI agents watching this site. How much longer can the crap from Florida go on. We have tried so many times to get these people shut down. It is your turn now.:(

Ryan1125 11-07-2017 08:14 AM

The Auto Scouts go down... ;)

OldOriole 11-07-2017 09:41 AM

Thanks

Very informative, thanks for posting the article.

RichardSimon 11-07-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1717529)
Ebay wins again!!!

And they continue to win with sales of the "Florida" forgeries continuing and more robust than ever.

I would speculate that ebay has the capacity to trace every single item that those thieves sold and to issue refunds to every person who bought bogus crap.
Does anyone here think they would do that??
:D:D

RichardSimon 11-07-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1717675)
We have FBI agents watching this site. How much longer can the crap from Florida go on. We have tried so many times to get these people shut down. It is your turn now.:(

If Tim Fitzsimmons and John Gonzalez had never left their old jobs this would be a much better hobby now.

gnaz01 11-07-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1717723)
I would speculate that ebay has the capacity to trace every single item that those thieves sold and to issue refunds to every person who bought bogus crap.
Does anyone here think they would do that??
:D:D

When did you become a comedian, Rich?? :D

btcarfagno 11-07-2017 10:56 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/WIg8P0VNpgH8Q/giphy.gif

Tom C

RichardSimon 11-07-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1717725)
When did you become a comedian, Rich?? :D

I like to think I could always make people smile :).

rjackson44 11-07-2017 05:39 PM

It’s scary

Thank you richard great article ,,between this and operation bullpen is there anything real out in the hobby.

keithsky 11-07-2017 06:28 PM

The one Marino guy in the article could that be one of the family members of the Operation Bullpen Marinos? Kind of a coincidence the last names are the same and both involved in forgeries.

1952boyntoncollector 11-07-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithsky (Post 1717883)
The one Marino guy in the article could that be one of the family members of the Operation Bullpen Marinos? Kind of a coincidence the last names are the same and both involved in forgeries.

Dan Marino could of at least signed his name on an index card and it would of been 'real'.

SAllen2556 11-08-2017 07:21 AM

Wow. Thanks for posting that. What I find completely outrageous is how eBay is absolutely complicit in these crimes yet, not only are they not penalized, they end up making millions while their partners go to jail. Did no one ever send a note to eBay reporting any of these items as fake? And if so, how does law enforcement not indict them?? Remove eBay from the equation and it's doubtful these guys could have made enough money to fill their gas tanks.

Just skimming the RICO law at wikipedia shows forgery as one of the crimes that someone can be convicted of if they are found to have simply assisted in the crime. If it can be shown that eBay was made aware of these forgeries, how are they able to escape criminal charges? How are they not required to return every dime they made as a result of these crimes?

The thing is, we all know these crimes are not going to stop just because a few people a year get caught. It's just way too easy, and way too profitable to ever believe the end is near. The only ending I see is the collapse of the autograph market as people learn how legion these forgeries are and just stop collecting them.

Ryan1125 11-08-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 1717983)
Did no one ever send a note to eBay reporting any of these items as fake? And if so, how does law enforcement not indict them??

I reported these sellers every single day, exposed them every day. They would have new eBay IDs/COAs popping up every day. It was insane.

The author of this article reached out to me several times about this scheme, I made sure to mention eBays "role" in all of this and how sickening it is. I'm glad it made the article. I also mentioned several times how this is minuscule compared to the Florida/GA scams that are still alive and well.

redalpha7 11-08-2017 08:27 AM

Three other avenues to complain about the Ebay practices

1) SEC

2) Nasdaq

3) The Ebay board of Directors that are not Ebay employees

Jenx34 11-08-2017 09:43 AM

You hit on the direction I was thinking. The path to get Ebay to get involved with stopping crap like this and the Battlefield's of the world, is to hurt them in the investment world. I don't know how one would go about it, but presenting a large amount of clear evidence to someone in the investing world (short seller, investment house that provides public ratings of stocks, etc.) and allowing them to create publicity.

Of course, legal issues brought on by FBI investigations would have similar effect. Bad publicity is one thing, but bad publicity in the world that would drive down their stock price (even temporarily) may cause Ebay to look more closely into their practices.

rjackson44 11-08-2017 10:25 AM

how do the owners of roaches corner not go to jail..

redalpha7 11-08-2017 11:15 AM

I written my US senators on two topics that bug me, that US government could help motivate public companies to solve

1) autograph fraud

2) spam telephone calls

I know the major telecom carriers could stop most of the spam calls if was in their financial interest or required to.

I also sure Ebay could stop the autograph fraud if pressured

Neither Senator responded to my email. I was expecting a general response.

Fuddjcal 11-09-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1125 (Post 1717997)
I reported these sellers every single day, exposed them every day. They would have new eBay IDs/COAs popping up every day. It was insane.

The author of this article reached out to me several times about this scheme, I made sure to mention eBays "role" in all of this and how sickening it is. I'm glad it made the article. I also mentioned several times how this is minuscule compared to the Florida/GA scams that are still alive and well.

AND how an ex-collector like me quit, cold turkey when s*** got out of hand after the E-bay firings and decision to flood their market place with FORGERIES.

I also quit those jerky-E-BAY and suggested that people quit them as well. Of course, no one besides FUDD wants to stand up against fake retarded Corporate Jerk offs like The Philippine based E-bay. I have yet to EVER be able to speak to ANYONE in the USA for anything with those boobs. ANYTHING. EVER. PERIOD. F them. Good riddance.