Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2010 baseball HOF contendors? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=118213)

bobafett72 11-30-2009 11:37 AM

2010 baseball HOF contendors?

Who get's the call this year? Who gets the shaft?
Discuss!

teetwoohsix 11-30-2009 01:24 PM

He won't be getting the call,and I may catch heat for saying so,but I think Pete Rose should get the call.You can't deny he was one of the best hitters to ever play the game....................

HRBAKER 11-30-2009 01:45 PM

I don't think there will be any enshrinees from the list of first time eligibles and maybe but not likely Andre Dawson from the holdovers.

docpatlv 11-30-2009 01:46 PM

Here's hoping Andre Dawson gets in this year.

Mike

canjond 11-30-2009 01:49 PM

I agree - hoping for Andre

bobafett72 11-30-2009 04:21 PM

what about Bert?

I think that Blylevn has been overlooked long enough.
Dawson may get in, he had nearly 70% support last time.

Alomar and Larkin will get in eventually.

rhettyeakley 11-30-2009 09:37 PM

It will be tough go for any of the new guys to be inducted their first time, though if someone does it is going to be Alomar.

-Larkin will get in eventually but if he gets in then I feel Trammell needs to get in (Trammell has more Gold Gloves but less AS appearances).

-Edgar should get in but it might take him a bit as the Hall has a distinct bias against DH's.

-McGriff will likely eventually get in.

-The one that is really on the bubble as to whether he is a HOFer or not in my mind is Andres Galarraga.

-Though unlikely to ever make the Hall of Fame (& rightfully so imo) I think that Ellis Burks has better stats than most realize, he was a solid baseball player. Everyone else on that list doesn't stand a chance.

Bottom line, the only REAL possibilties this year are Dawson, Blyleven and maybe Alomar.

ChiefBenderForever 12-01-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafett72 (Post 764664)
I think that Blylevn has been overlooked long enough.
Dawson may get in, he had nearly 70% support last time.

Alomar and Larkin will get in eventually.

Bert Blylevn blues will sing again. It's really a shame, if he was on a better team he probably would've won 350 games, well maybe not that many but for sure 300+ easy. Only 13 games shy of 300 on some bad teams and he gets punished like this year after year, what a disgrace !

Robextend 12-01-2009 07:31 AM

Totally agree that Blyleven should be in already. Some of his stats are the same or better than some current HOFers. I think Alomar has a legitimate shot at getting in, I think he was probably the best 2B in the league for quite a few years when he was in the AL. I wonder if his spitting incident will put off some voters???

GrayGhost 12-01-2009 07:53 AM

For the first timers, I think Alomar goes in for sure, though Im still not a huge fan of him being a "first time HOFer".

Nobody else on the first time ballott will go in IMO, tho Larkin and McGriff will get heavy consideration.

Id like to see Blyleven or Dawson get in, and I think Bert has a slightly better chance, but I dont feel either of them will, tho if either of them did, I wouldn't totally be shocked.

As an aside, I haven't been able to get to Cooperstown for a few years. My friend, who is a younger Rays fan and a huge McGriff fan has PROMISED me that if Fred Gets in, he will take me w him to the induction ceremony. So, come on everyone, GO FRED GO:o

J.McMurry 12-01-2009 11:39 AM

what about the managers/executives vote?

Will Billy Martin finally get in?

mintacular 12-02-2009 08:36 PM

Bill

Buckner :)

JasonL 12-11-2009 10:26 AM

Blyleven and Dawson

I think Blyleven gets in, barely
and I think Dawson will continue inching closer

chris6net 12-12-2009 08:15 PM

Hall of Fame Contenders

I want to know how Whitey Herzog just got in but Billy Martin didn,t.CN

teetwoohsix 12-13-2009 01:19 PM

I wondered the same thing when Rice got in(not that he wasn't a great player or anything):D