Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   eBay help and am I stuck? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245522)

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 05:55 PM

eBay help and am I stuck?
 
Well, this may be a case of too good to be true. As most of you know I am serious financial issues and when I saw this piece I figured I could make a few bucks. There is no mention of reprint in title or the description. The only thing is please see pictures. I purchased the item without seeing the tiny little black reprint which is even semi-blurred-on the picture .

I have asked for a refund saying the description was misleading. What do you guys think ? Do I have a chance to get a refund and if he does not want to issue a refund will PayPal side with me?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all!


https://m.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-SPO...53.m2749.l2649

David Atkatz 09-29-2017 06:39 PM

Greed got the best of you here. They are clearly marked "reprint." You just jumped on the Buy it Now without being careful. Your fault, IMHO.

Bestdj777 09-29-2017 06:43 PM

Yes. That's a really deceptive listing. I'd fight it and think you'd be successful.

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1705740)
Greed got the best of you here. They are clearly marked "reprint." You just jumped on the Buy it Now without being careful. Your fault, IMHO.

Clearly marked and not even listed in description? I beg to differ about "greed" too.

Anyone else with a more understanding opinion?

Bestdj777 09-29-2017 06:46 PM

For what it's worth, I've purchased something similar before (baseball card marked reprint). I returned it. If you're selling a reprint, list reprint in the title and description and don't waste people's time. Better yet, just don't sell reprints.

Bestdj777 09-29-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1705740)
Greed got the best of you here. They are clearly marked "reprint." You just jumped on the Buy it Now without being careful. Your fault, IMHO.

I don't know if you can fairly call it greed. He's trying to make a living buying and selling stuff. Buying something at a price you can flip it at doesn't make one greedy.

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestdj777 (Post 1705747)
I don't know if you can fairly call it greed. He's trying to make a living buying and selling stuff. Buying something at a price you can flip it at doesn't make one greedy.

It's far from a living but I'm just trying to make a little bit of money thank you for understanding and God bless thank you

thetruthisoutthere 09-29-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestdj777 (Post 1705746)
For what it's worth, I've purchased something similar before (baseball card marked reprint). I returned it. If you're selling a reprint, list reprint in the title and description and don't waste people's time. Better yet, just don't sell reprints.

I agree.

"Reprint" should be in the title.

Ebay does not enforce it's "Misleading Title" rule.

Shoeless Moe 09-29-2017 07:27 PM

Just refuse delivery - return to sender - save yourself the shipping

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1705763)
Just refuse delivery - return to sender - save yourself the shipping

So I'm out the 20 bucks so far doesn't look very good from what you guys of been telling me. So I guess that means I've got to buy it I'm gonna keep it and just maybe try to get my money back as a reprint. Was still waiting to hear something from the seller although I don't feel too confident anything good will come out of that


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.