Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Left first Negative Feedback in a long time (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=183342)

bn2cardz 02-14-2014 08:36 AM

Left first Negative Feedback in a long time

I had to leave a negative feedback for a seller today for the first time in a long time (don't even remember the last time).

I won a card at the end of January. The card never arrived I looked at ebay and it didn't even show it was shipped. I contacted seller (without opening a case) over the weekend since it had been two weeks. I never heard back. So I opened a case yesterday with a message. Today I got a full refund with no message back. I think it was seller's remorse.

The seller had 1500 feedback with 100% rating. I really didn't think I would run into this problem.

Seller is pictoric
Item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Sove...vip=true&rt=nc

Taxman 02-14-2014 08:40 AM

Negative

Account has a weird history. Until January had not sold anything since July 2012. Sorry this happened.

bn2cardz 02-14-2014 08:45 AM

I am not out any money (and was less than $20 to start with) so in the end it isn't a huge deal. If I would have been given a reason it could have eased it a bit. Even if they said it was shipped by using stamps and they don't have a tracking number and gave me a refund I woudn't be that upset.

Communication goes a long way. I am a very understanding (maybe even naive) person.

Yet to not be given any reason is just annoying.

MyGuyTy 02-14-2014 09:18 AM

Seems very strange he'd risk negative feedback for a $13 card :eek:

It's not like he sold a card in the hundreds or thousands and decided last minute he just couldn't part with it. Very odd unless something unfortunate happened to him.

bn2cardz 02-14-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyGuyTy (Post 1241439)
Seems very strange he'd risk negative feedback for a $13 card :eek:

It's not like he sold a card in the hundreds or thousands and decided last minute he just couldn't part with it. Very odd unless something unfortunate happened to him.

Well I was wondering about the "unfortunate" also. That is why I tried communication prior to reporting, then when I reported it I got a refund from the seller (it was not escalated to ebay or paypal giving the refund). So the seller at least has access to the computer, yet never bothered giving an explanation. I guess no explanation is better than a lie.

vintagetoppsguy 02-14-2014 09:45 AM

Seller has a feedback rating of 83.3% :eek:

Tcards-Please 02-14-2014 09:47 AM

Hope your sweetie got a better Valentine's Day gift than what pictoric got from you :D

Big Dave 02-14-2014 09:50 AM

One negative out of 1500 and he drops to 83%.

Ridiculous, and one of many reasons I dont participate with ebay anymore. They have ruined what was once a great site. I shop on Amazon.

digdugdig 02-14-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1241452)
Seller has a feedback rating of 83.3% :eek:

He was 100% until someone left negative feedback :rolleyes:.
One negative outta 6 in the past 12 months = 83.33 %.

Pete Pyro 02-14-2014 11:07 AM

It's a numbers game. Out of 100 people a handful will be scammers. A few more will be poorly educated or ignorant. Then you are going to have a pretty big chunk of people who are just plain incompetent.

I was furious when some idiot negged me without communicating. There will always be isolated incidents, but at the end of the day buying and/or selling cards through ebay will increase opportunity.

japhi 02-14-2014 04:26 PM

Always found the Ebay feedback system pretty silly. There is no retailer in the world that could claim 100% positive response on 100 transactions, much less thousands. Sellers bitch and moan about the odd negative but the reality is lots of positive feedback is left on transactions that are neutral at best.

Ebay is this strange world where if you get shipped the wrong item, or it comes really late, or the seller doesn't communicate, that's a positive transaction as long as the seller rights his wrong. As if ordering chicken and getting the fish suddenly becomes a positive experience because the guy allowed you to carry your order back to the kitchen and sent you home hungry at no charge.

Joem36 02-15-2014 05:39 AM

Wow. I almost bid on that card. Glad you got your money back

Joe

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 02-15-2014 07:34 AM

He didn't get that bad of a price for the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk