Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   MANTLE,CLEMENTE KOUFAX THEN WHO? LIST YOUR TOP 10 from 1950,s to present (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242128)

cookie 07-09-2017 06:36 AM

MANTLE,CLEMENTE KOUFAX THEN WHO? LIST YOUR TOP 10 from 1950,s to present

Am curious what the baseball autograph collectors feel would their top 10 most desired players from 1950 on .After mantle,clemente,and koufax...then who?Maybe williams no.4 then possibly munson ,hodges, maris ,jackie robinson ,mays, aaron. or any others on your list.Just to mention the pecking order is not in talent alone but the popularity of the player .What are some of your favorites from years gone by and any present day possibilities that could make the list?

Johnny630 07-09-2017 07:21 AM

I always liked Puckett on his Fleer Update Rookie

rats60 07-09-2017 10:16 AM

Clemente
Jackie Robinson
Mantle
Williams
Koufax
Mays
Aaron
Musial
Ryan
Griffey Jr.

JohnnyFinance7 07-09-2017 11:29 AM

My list would be....

Clemente
Aaron
Mays
Mantle
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Joe DiMaggio
Nolan Ryan
Ken Griffey Jr.
Barry Bonds

sbfinley 07-09-2017 08:57 PM

Since I collect on-card graphs:

1. Clemente
2. Robinson
3. Munson
4. Harry Agganis
5. Howie Fox
6. Mantle
7. Mays
8. Koufax
9. Aaron
10. Jeter/Griffey/Trout

mattjc1983 07-10-2017 01:20 PM

In no particular order, here is my list. These are based on legacy, popularity, and important records held, as well as feasibility from price/availability perspective :

Mays
Aaron
Mantle
Nolan Ryan
Musial
Ted Williams
Frank Robinson
Rickey Henderson
Pete Rose
Cal Ripken Jr.

First outs are Brett, Bench, and Schmidt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcfowler6 07-12-2017 01:09 PM

MANTLE,CLEMENTE KOUFAX THEN WHO? LIST YOUR TOP 10 from 1950,s to present

Clemente
Honus Wagner
Babe Ruth
Lou Gerig
Ty Cobb
Jimmie Foxx
Koufax
T Munson
Paul Waner
Eddie Collins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuddjcal 07-14-2017 06:11 PM

I always wanted a nice Ruth & Gehrig, but lacked the wherewithal to see it through. Just don't have the stomach for all the shenanigans associated with the forgeries and I never put in the effort to learn like I did for Mantle. Only 2 to 3 people I think I'd trust to hook me up and sometimes even they disagree.:D;) AND those are the good guys!.

Jackie Robinson
Casey Stengel
Roy Campanella
Roberto Clemente
Mickey Mantle
Joe Dimaggio
Ted Williams
Roger Maris
Sandy Koufax
Don Drysdale
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron

I know, that's more than 10. That's one of my problems... I can't stop:)

eastonfalcon19 07-15-2017 05:42 AM

Mine would be:

Clemente
Robinson
Mantle
Williams
Dimaggio
Koufax
Campanella
Mays
Aaron
Munson
Jeter
Griffey

Pre 1950:

Ruth
Cobb
Wagner
Gehrig
Johnson (Walter)
Young
Mathewson
Collins
Foxx
Ott
Hornsby

mr2686 07-15-2017 09:38 AM

I can't argue with anyone on the above lists, but I would put Clemente, Munson, Jackie Robinson, and pre-accident Campy up to the top, for no other reason than they all died young-ish and before doing private signings/card shows (post accident Campy does not apply). Sure you can find all of these autos out there, but it's getting a bit harder to find a really really nice one. If you see the one you really like, you should probably jump on it.

cookie 07-24-2017 06:54 PM

have yet to see any mention of Murray, Kaline ,Brett, or Maris.

Klrdds 07-24-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookie (Post 1683919)
have yet to see any mention of Murray, Kaline ,Brett, or Maris.

They are not true greats as compared to others listed on this thread and not hard to find as well . I have not posted my players on this thread but if I had I would never have even considered them .

71buc 07-30-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1683922)
They are not true greats as compared to others listed on this thread and not hard to find as well . I have not posted my players on this thread but if I had I would never have even considered them .

Wow... tough crowd;) A switch hitter with 504 Homeruns and 3255 Hits gets no love

cookie 08-11-2017 08:10 PM

Any consideration for Kluszewski, York , Minnoso, or Vern Stephens?

cookie 08-26-2017 06:07 PM

some others that i have not seen mentioned are Tony Conigliaro, Ken Boyer,Ted Kluszewski, and Vada Pinson [just short of 3000] hits

MooseDog 08-26-2017 08:25 PM

Autograph collecting is much more personal than who is "popular" for example the top 10 autographs I have or would like to have post -1950 looks irrespective of what the autograph is on would look like this:

Reggie Jackson
Gonzalo Marquez
Ken Griffey Jr
Catfish Hunter
Rickey Henderson
Willie Mays
Will Clark
Steve Hovley
Frank Robinson
Charles O Finley

Who are Gonzalo Marquez and Tim Hovley you might ask? They are two of the toughest to find autographs of players who have played for the Oakland A's, which is pretty much all I collect any more. And still looking for those two.

mr2686 08-27-2017 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1695110)
Autograph collecting is much more personal than who is "popular" for example the top 10 autographs I have or would like to have post -1950 looks irrespective of what the autograph is on would look like this:

Reggie Jackson
Gonzalo Marquez
Ken Griffey Jr
Catfish Hunter
Rickey Henderson
Willie Mays
Will Clark
Steve Hovley
Frank Robinson
Charles O Finley

Who are Gonzalo Marquez and Tim Hovley you might ask? They are two of the toughest to find autographs of players who have played for the Oakland A's, which is pretty much all I collect any more. And still looking for those two.

Yeah, Marquez is getting tougher...seems like they've dried up. I was unaware that Hovley was tough, especially after being in the spotlight in the book Ball Four, but I guess he just doesn't like to sign...unless he's on a plumbing invoice.