Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Opinions on this Mantle please (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=227644)

mcgwirecom 08-27-2016 01:12 PM

Opinions on this Mantle please

1 Attachment(s)
Can I get some opinions on this Mantle? thanks

HOF Auto Rookies 08-27-2016 02:07 PM

Opinions on this Mantle please

I don't like the '7'...I kid I kid. lol sorry, I don't know his autograph that well.

Sophiedog 08-27-2016 02:20 PM

Looks like a perfect Mantle signature. Just make sure it's live ink

Bestdj777 08-27-2016 02:32 PM

Maybe it's just the scan, but it is questionable to me whether it is live ink or not. It looks almost like a facsimile in the picture you posted.

deeg23 08-27-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophiedog (Post 1577935)
Just make sure it's live ink

Second this. I can't speak to the actual autograph, and tough picture to tell, but looks way too clean/perfect…

Lordstan 08-27-2016 04:16 PM

Looks fine to me.

mcgwirecom 08-27-2016 04:57 PM

Thanks, I will check to make sure its live. I blew the picture up so it may look weird.

MikeKam 08-27-2016 07:42 PM

So secretive in your showing of the piece ;)

Mr. Zipper 08-28-2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeKam (Post 1578066)
So secretive in your showing of the piece ;)

Must be for sale cheap somewhere. He wanted the opinions, but not the risk of a vulture searching on the image and buying it out from underneath him. It happens all the time.

Terrier8HOF 08-28-2016 05:55 AM

Opinions on this mantle please

Hi Randall, hope all is well! the signature is fine as long as it is not a copy.

Terrier8HOF 08-28-2016 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1578134)
Must be for sale cheap somewhere. He wanted the opinions, but not the risk of a vulture searching on the image and buying it out from underneath him. It happens all the time.

He knows Mike Kam loves those cuts!

shelly 08-28-2016 09:33 AM

sig:):):):):):):):):) just be careful it is not a repo of the signature.

RichardSimon 08-28-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

"Vultures on Net54? I am shocked, shocked to find vultures here on Net54.":D
"Here is your baseball autograph sir."

MikeKam 08-28-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

No no, I was watching the piece as well, I think it went for a pretty strong price - just thought the way it was cropped was funny.

Terrier - cut signatures always carry a premium with me ;)

mcgwirecom 08-28-2016 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I am a bit secretive. I trawl a lot of places because I am a blue collar worker who makes a lot less than most bidders. I can't compete with guys who make 6 figure salaries. So I look harder.

Also back in the 90's and early 2000's I used to give out free opinions on McGwire signed items. Even stuff I was planning on bidding on. Some really great stuff would get ended early on Ebay and I didn't know why. Then a few years later the guy who was asking for my opinions on signatures came to me trying to sell me all the stuff that ended early on Ebay at a marked up price. Not everyone is a nice guy so you protect yourself.

Here is the full photo. It sold for almost $800 without the juice. Too rich for me.

HOF Auto Rookies 08-28-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1578324)
Yes I am a bit secretive. I trawl a lot of places because I am a blue collar worker who makes a lot less than most bidders. I can't compete with guys who make 6 figure salaries. So I look harder.

Also back in the 90's and early 2000's I used to give out free opinions on McGwire signed items. Even stuff I was planning on bidding on. Some really great stuff would get ended early on Ebay and I didn't know why. Then a few years later the guy who was asking for my opinions on signatures came to me trying to sell me all the stuff that ended early on Ebay at a marked up price. Not everyone is a nice guy so you protect yourself.

Here is the full photo. It sold for almost $800 without the juice. Too rich for me.

I know I have asked your opinion on an item maybe 10 years ago and around the same time actually purchased a signed '85 McGwire from you and you were so generous you threw in a signed Beckett of Big Mac on the house. You're the best and I, as well as others, appreciate your help and generosity.

mcgwirecom 08-28-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1578330)
I know I have asked your opinion on an item maybe 10 years ago and around the same time actually purchased a signed '85 McGwire from you and you were so generous you threw in a signed Beckett of Big Mac on the house. You're the best and I, as well as others, appreciate your help and generosity.

Thank you!

MikeKam 08-28-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1578324)

I don't think you missed out. It is a nice big photo, but a very common image and the lack of a unique inscription + the paper loss on the photo makes me think this one went for too much $$$.

thetruthisoutthere 08-29-2016 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeKam (Post 1578442)
I don't think you missed out. It is a nice big photo, but a very common image and the lack of a unique inscription + the paper loss on the photo makes me think this one went for too much $$$.

+1

RichardSimon 08-29-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1578330)

Randy and I go way back,, :).
He has always been one of the good guys.

mcgwirecom 08-29-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1578485)
Randy and I go way back,, :).
He has always been one of the good guys.

Waaaaaay back. Like the first year of Ebay!