Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coach's "Sign-it Yourself" Corner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=130592)

brandoningram 12-08-2010 01:39 PM

Coach's "Sign-it Yourself" Corner

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=241526
I swear this ball was laced yesterday, but the sig looks like blue sharpie !!!

thetruthisoutthere 12-08-2010 01:43 PM

Morales

At least Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales remains consistent. Geez.

Shoeless Moe 12-08-2010 01:46 PM

Valued at $20,000 soon to be sold at 836.00

Shoeless Moe 12-08-2010 01:47 PM

Even better....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=241527

yet, another black laced ball, same blue sharpie as Ruth ball, they must have created, er I mean found a box of these in someones grandfathers attic.

brandoningram 12-08-2010 01:47 PM

Since everyone has caught on to their "friends" at STAT and Morales, they had to devise some new "friends" TTA is new I think, GAI, and more Morales than ever.Its disgusting.

brandoningram 12-08-2010 01:50 PM

But I will say, that ive never seen so many PSA, JSA, and UDA in Roach's auctions...

scooter729 12-08-2010 01:50 PM

I like how the auction is so stacked that the Shoeless Joe / Black Sox ball can be buried as lot 324. In any other auction it'd be one of the first lots, but not with these guys!

thetruthisoutthere 12-08-2010 01:54 PM

Consignors/Coach's Corner

I guess their consignors exhausted their supply of "aging" materials to soak the baseballs in.

mr2686 12-08-2010 02:57 PM

I must admit that shoeless Joe has got much better at signing his name over the years.

J.McMurry 12-08-2010 03:36 PM

At least give them credit for being tough on their grading.

Thats a bright blue sig on a snow white ball, with no scuffs,....
and all they gave it was a 7.5 - 8 !?!:D

canjond 12-08-2010 07:33 PM

Plus it looks like they've hired a new photographer...

FUBAR 12-08-2010 07:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing, awfully nice signature for 80 years old and that's only an 8.

As for their aging materials, we have a new member here that can probably help out with those! Maybe he can go work for the Roach's!! Hey maybe that was his whole intention, his annoyance was strictly part of his application process.

mcgwirecom 12-08-2010 08:32 PM

They showed tremendous restraint in not putting all 8 of the "Eight Men Out" on that ball!

Bilko G 12-09-2010 04:45 AM

How do these guys get away with it over and over and over again?:confused:

GrayGhost 12-09-2010 06:48 AM

That ball w the four Black Sox is WORSE than the 1919 ball last month. WT heck is going on? Im serious, why can't these guys be stopped? is there a lawyer, or someone on the board who has enough legal knowledge to let us know what should be done? Is a complaint to the Atty gen'l all that can be done? Thats prob been done by many people.

thetruthisoutthere 12-09-2010 07:23 AM

Roach's Corner

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 853893)
That ball w the four Black Sox is WORSE than the 1919 ball last month. WT heck is going on? Im serious, why can't these guys be stopped? is there a lawyer, or someone on the board who has enough legal knowledge to let us know what should be done? Is a complaint to the Atty gen'l all that can be done? Thats prob been done by many people.

One day.......

J.McMurry 12-09-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

How do these guys get away with it over and over and over again?
Coaches corner response, "chris morales said it was real."
Morales response," I thought it was real, maybe I was wrong, it's just an opinion."

The FBI cant arrest anyone for:

1. being stupid and taking someone elses word as truth.
2. being incompetent in ones occupation.

brandoningram 12-09-2010 11:04 AM

Maybe so, but do they not have some sort of licencing to be an authenticator? Can they not have that removed? Can CC not be fined and/or closed down for knowing that these items are fraudulant ( confirmed by actual authenticators & not STAT or Morales ). Its just sad that they are making SOOOO much money on all of these items that were signed the day before they were put up for auction. I no longer pay as much attention to the actual signatures anymore, I pay 90% of my attention on the Authenticator.

J.McMurry 12-09-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

I no longer pay as much attention to the actual signatures anymore, I pay 90% of my attention on the Authenticator.
That can be trouble somewhere down the road.

I am unaware of any special license to authenticate autographs, I think you or I could just start a website / auction house and start authenticating stuff.

the key to busting CC or anyone is proving they knowingly sell fake items, but I gave a good example of how they get around that in my previous post.

Other Authenticators are just giving their opinion too. Buying sigs that have a COA is basically a who do you trust more?

RichardSimon 12-09-2010 02:52 PM

There are no licensing requirements to be an authenticator, that is proven every day.
Jim DiMaggio, of Operation Bullpen fame, had one qualification. His last name was the same as a famous ballplayer.
'Nuff said.

thetruthisoutthere 12-09-2010 03:41 PM

Ted Taylor/TTA

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 854005)
There are no licensing requirements to be an authenticator, that is proven every day.
Jim DiMaggio, of Operation Bullpen fame, had one qualification. His last name was the same as a famous ballplayer.
'Nuff said.

Ted Taylor had to decide whether to run a hotdog stand or become an "authenticator." Again, nuff said.

GrayGhost 12-09-2010 05:45 PM

Its so ridiculous. Plus, the bidders are total imbeciles to be bidding on this crap, unless, as Tom has stated, that people are flipping this garbage to local auctions and unsuspecting people.

as far as CC not knowing if an item is fake, ANYONE who thinks that Jackson, Felsch, Weaver, Cicotte ball is a real signed ball, should have a lobotomy, a hysterectomy and be circumcised at all Once. Figure that one out.;)

FUBAR 12-09-2010 09:58 PM

Damn, id hate to have a hysterectomy! A lobotomy i could still move to Chicago and collect T-206 cards and circumsized, you could still prop me up and call me Morales.... but a hysterectomy, i'd just be a useless c.....!

J.McMurry 12-10-2010 04:49 AM

Oh there's no doubt that they know it's fake,but in order to nail them and shut them down, someone has to PROVE they know it's fake.

I would think it would take an "undercover inside man" ala OP Bullpen
to actually get the proof,but I doubt that they would allow any outsiders to get that close.

Scott Garner 12-10-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR (Post 854094)
Damn, id hate to have a hysterectomy! A lobotomy i could still move to Chicago and collect T-206 cards and circumsized, you could still prop me up and call me Morales.... but a hysterectomy, i'd just be a useless c.....!

One of my favorite quotes is:
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!":D

esd10 12-10-2010 08:58 PM

http://myccsa.com/Lot/214/1894-chica...-2-hofers.aspx i bet this was found in the same box as the ark of the coventent ha.

FUBAR 12-10-2010 11:19 PM

Stat could only authenticate two of the signatures! lol now that's funny!