Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NFL Bold Predictions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=272992)

2dueces 08-30-2019 12:50 PM

NFL Bold Predictions

Buffalo Bills start 5-1 and win the AFC East.
Arizona and Baltimore’s run offenses are a bust
Tyler Murray will not be Rookie of the Year.

pokerplyr80 08-30-2019 01:39 PM

Patriots miss the playoffs.
Mahomes has an average year.
Green Bay wins the Super Bowl, Rodgers the MVP.

frankbmd 08-30-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1912867)

I see nothing bold here.:D

pokerplyr80 08-30-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1912921)
I see nothing bold here.:D

Touche

orioles93 09-04-2019 10:07 PM

Browns miss the playoffs and Mayfield has an average year
Colts still win the division without Luck
Redskins win the division behind a top 3 defense
Buccaneers win the division behind a top 3 offense

pokerplyr80 09-07-2019 03:42 PM

I may have to adjust my first prediction after the Antonio Brown signing.

Peter_Spaeth 09-07-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1915177)
I may have to adjust my first prediction after the Antonio Brown signing.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Could see that coming a mile off. Randy Moss repeat. If this man just keeps his head on straight he could be a force here.

pokerplyr80 09-07-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1915179)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Could see that coming a mile off. Randy Moss repeat. If this man just keeps his head on straight he could be a force here.

I'm sure you guys are excited in Boston. Maybe this will convince Gronk to come out of retirement.

The internet has been filled the last few days with jokes and Belichick memes about signing Brown. It reminds me of the Rumors that Blount was tanking so he would be released and the Pats could sign him. Maybe this was his plan all along.

barrysloate 09-07-2019 05:34 PM

Patriots got a great player who will likely produce.

steve B 09-07-2019 08:13 PM

As far as I can tell, we got a spoiled dumpster fire of a player.

Crazy prediction?

He gets mad when brady won't throw to him when he isn't open, they argue, he takes a couple practices off to sulk, post some nonsense about Belichick on tweaker and ends up pumping gas somewhere. That takes up a day or two of week 3.

egri 09-07-2019 09:00 PM

I don’t like the signing either; his antics have been getting worse each year, and the last thing Josh Gordon needs is someone trying to out-crazy him.

Peter_Spaeth 09-08-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 1915248)
I don’t like the signing either; his antics have been getting worse each year, and the last thing Josh Gordon needs is someone trying to out-crazy him.

They'll both be fine IMO. People worried about Randy Moss too.

pokerplyr80 09-08-2019 09:51 AM

I would bet this was all part of the plan. First to get out of Pittsburgh, then to get to NE. A deal like that doesn't just get done a couple of hours after a player is cut. And Belichick wouldn't have given him a 9m signing bonus if there is any chance he keeps up the same behavior.

Someone from the Raiders should request an investigation into tampering charges.

steve B 09-08-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1915312)
They'll both be fine IMO. People worried about Randy Moss too.

To me Moss just seemed to not really care about the team overall, at least until he got to a place where he realized the difference between a good team and one that just didn't have things together.

Saw a couple plays towards the end of him being in Minnesota that were just bad overall. Near the game end, play isn't to him, but they need maybe 10 yards to get in field goal range and maybe win or tie (forget which)
He runs the route basically jogging in an arc towards the sideline, defenders pick up instantly that he's not the target an triple team the guy who is. Incomplete, game lost.

This guy comes across as a total headcase who just wants all the attention on himself.

2dueces 09-18-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orioles93 (Post 1914461)
Browns miss the playoffs and Mayfield has an average year
Colts still win the division without Luck
Redskins win the division behind a top 3 defense
Buccaneers win the division behind a top 3 offense

Good chance 3 of 4 comes true. Not sure about the Redskins but that is bold!

orioles93 09-23-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1917704)
Good chance 3 of 4 comes true. Not sure about the Redskins but that is bold!

Jonathan Allen, Quinten Dunbar, Dominique Rodger Cromartie, and Fabian Moreau getting Injured through 2 weeks is killing the redskins defense. Their strength is D line and DBs and injuries are killing both of them, which is exploiting the young LBs. If they can get healthy they still have a chance at being elite this year. I feel good about the other 3 predictions.

atx840 09-23-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1915237)
As far as I can tell, we got a spoiled dumpster fire of a player.

Crazy prediction?

He gets mad when brady won't throw to him when he isn't open, they argue, he takes a couple practices off to sulk, post some nonsense about Belichick on tweaker and ends up pumping gas somewhere. That takes up a day or two of week 3.

Pretty close prediction.

steve B 09-23-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atx840 (Post 1918813)
Pretty close prediction.

I was way off on the why portion though.

The new allegations and the press pretty much only asking about him was the most likely tipping point. There was also a payment deadline on his bonus that was today.

So they could keep him, at a cost of at least the 5 million that was due today, plus his weekly salary, and be totally out when the commissioner declared him ineligible, or cut him loose, be done with the distraction and bad PR, and probably only owe about 150K for the week he played.

Pretty easy choice.

jimtigers65 09-28-2019 11:37 PM

Lions go 8-7-1

familytoad 09-29-2019 07:59 PM

Ninety flag League.

There will be more penalty flags this year than any other year. Record setting.
In at least one game the penalty yardage (backwards) will equal the offense yardage (forward)
First downs via penalty will exceed first downs by the offense in several games.

Over-turned calls by instant replay will decide another playoff game or two.

No fun League is just one of the many nicknames for NFL.

frankbmd 09-30-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 1920218)
Ninety flag League.

There will be more penalty flags this year than any other year. Record setting.
In at least one game the penalty yardage (backwards) will equal the offense yardage (forward)
First downs via penalty will exceed first downs by the offense in several games.

Over-turned calls by instant replay will decide another playoff game or two.

No fun League is just one of the many nicknames for NFL.

There has to be at least one penalty on every play. Let’s call ‘em. Every player on the field should have his own official. Offensive holding calls would then eliminate 90% of the first downs. Nothing more exciting than a field-position punting duel in my book. If golfers can now drive the ball 360 yards, 80 yard field goals should now be common place.

CMIZ5290 10-02-2019 04:29 PM

The Falcons say good bye to one of the most over rated coaches, Dan Quinn.....

1952boyntoncollector 10-02-2019 04:39 PM

Cowboys win super bowl.

2dueces 10-16-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1912852)
Buffalo Bills start 5-1 and win the AFC East.
Arizona and Baltimore’s run offenses are a bust
Tyler Murray will not be Rookie of the Year.

Unless something absolutely crazy happens Sunday the Bills do start 5-1.
Baltimore looks better than I expected but let see how they fair against teams with winning records, faster outside linebackers and a top 5 defense.
I’ll admit Kyler Murray is fun to watch but see above about Baltimore.

Three QB’s will be looking for new teams next year. Marcus Mariota, Jamies Winston and Cam Newton.
Cowboys go 3-6 in their next 9 ( lucky to win 3 ) and Jason Garrett has coached his last year as Cowboys coach. (If he lasts that long)

2dueces 12-21-2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1923936)
Unless something absolutely crazy happens Sunday the Bills do start 5-1.
Baltimore looks better than I expected but let see how they fair against teams with winning records, faster outside linebackers and a top 5 defense.
I’ll admit Kyler Murray is fun to watch but see above about Baltimore.

Three QB’s will be looking for new teams next year. Marcus Mariota, Jamies Winston and Cam Newton.
Cowboys go 3-6 in their next 9 ( lucky to win 3 ) and Jason Garrett has coached his last year as Cowboys coach. (If he lasts that long)

Someone will figure out Baltimore the second time around just like the Chargers did last year. Kyler Murray has blossomed more than I expected and maybe ROTY.
Buffalo beats New England today and the Patriots lose to Fitzmagic next week to usher in a new era in the AFC East