Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   LOTG road trip & PSA Seattle Event (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=259690)

Bicem 09-07-2018 11:58 AM

LOTG road trip & PSA Seattle Event

Hope to see Seattle area collectors tomorrow!

PSA Event

Runscott 09-07-2018 01:52 PM

I will be there and convinced David to go, even though he doesn't like any of you.

Kawika 09-07-2018 02:21 PM

Wish like heck I could make the run down to Seattle from Victoria. It's only 75 miles but takes about six hours with the ferry and the border crossing and the godawful traffic, and I am up to my earballs on the homefront with obligations of the non-fun variety. A room with Eskenazi, Crisafulli and Prizner therein would be an alignment of hobby gods that I am very sad to miss.

Bicem 09-07-2018 02:28 PM

You'll be missed David! I need to make it up to beautiful Victoria soon!

And Cycleback loves us.

Runscott 09-07-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 1810990)
Wish like heck I could make the run down to Seattle from Victoria. It's only 75 miles but takes about six hours with the ferry and the border crossing and the godawful traffic, and I am up to my earballs on the homefront with obligations of the non-fun variety. A room with Eskenazi, Crisafulli and Prizner therein would be an alignment of hobby gods that I am very sad to miss.

Just as well, this way they don't have to guard the mini-bar.

But seriously, the non-hobby gods will miss you as well - we'll see you next summer in Shoreline.

Kawika 09-07-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1810995)
Just as well, this way they don't have to guard the mini-bar.

But seriously, the non-hobby gods will miss you as well - we'll see you next summer in Shoreline.

For the record I haven't had a drink since 1985. And, man, am I ever thirsty.
I will endeavour to get to Shoreline next June. Have missed the past couple of years and regretfully so. It's a great card show, like a mini-National. Love me some Obaks.

Runscott 09-07-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 1811033)
For the record I haven't had a drink since 1985. And, man, am I ever thirsty.
I will endeavour to get to Shoreline next June. Have missed the past couple of years and regretfully so. It's a great card show, like a mini-National. Love me some Obaks.

The last time I was there, so we're you. I only have one tobacco card left, and it's an OBAK.

mrmopar 09-07-2018 07:55 PM

Roughly how many members here set up or just attend the Shoreline show? I have been a few times in the last 5-10 years, but don't usually make it a priority to attend. I have to admit that since the crazy 90s are now a distant memory, I still find it hard to pay an admission for a show, even a modest one. I guess not being a seller there or a major buyer, I am more interested in just browsing...

Maybe it is time to check it out again. Isn't there normally a November show as well. I don't recall, but I think summer has been the only show I have attended there.

drcy 09-08-2018 12:19 PM

I love everyone, just not equally.

Runscott 09-08-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1811221)
I love everyone, just not equally.

It was good to see a few old buddies. Also, super-quick turnaround by PSA on my Jeter and Ichiro balls. It was also amazing how quickly they id'd the non-Ichiro guys on the ball.

drcy 09-09-2018 11:08 AM

I had nothing to consigned or be authenticated, but it was nice seeing Al, Jeff and Al's wife. All nice people.