Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Father's Day (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152597)

jb217676 06-17-2012 08:06 AM

Happy Father's Day

5 Attachment(s)
Posted this in the watercooler section, but I'll post it here again (with bigger pics)...

Had a fantastic early father's day present on Saturday! My 4 year old son Nolan and I took in the Blue Jays - Phillies game this afternoon (won by my Jays in extra innings!) It was my little guy's first MLB game and he had a blast (kept calling the bats "weapons"). After the game, Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus was making an appearance at my father in-law's car dealership, so we had to check it out. Snapped some cool pics and got some 'graphs too. Nolan was especially happy to get his transport truck signed! Colby was awesome too, great with all of the kids in attendance. Here's the pics we took yesterday...

CharleyBrown 06-17-2012 08:15 AM

Very nice! Looks like you guys had a blast, and nice pic of you guys with Colby.

I am taking my son and wife to see the Yankees play the Indians on the 26th for his birthday, which also happens to be Jeter's birthday. It will be his first game ever, my wife's first game ever, and my first game in 15+ years. It's all my son has talked about for the last week and a half, so it should be a good time.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones 06-17-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1004429)
Posted this in the watercooler section, but I'll post it here again (with bigger pics)...

Had a fantastic early father's day present on Saturday! My 4 year old son Nolan and I took in the Blue Jays - Phillies game this afternoon (won by my Jays in extra innings!) It was my little guy's first MLB game and he had a blast (kept calling the bats "weapons"). After the game, Jays centre fielder Colby Rasmus was making an appearance at my father in-law's car dealership, so we had to check it out. Snapped some cool pics and got some 'graphs too. Nolan was especially happy to get his transport truck signed! Colby was awesome too, great with all of the kids in attendance. Here's the pics we took yesterday...

Wow that's really cool! My son is also four.

This didn't happen on father's day, but a few weeks back, Matthew Stafford (Detroit Lions QB) was in my hometown for a charity event. He autographed some stuff for my son and inscribed some of the items he signed out to him. Great guy all around, probably the nicest athlete I've ever met.

Cardboard Junkie 06-17-2012 11:01 AM

Aloha! Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's on the net54! I have one child, a girl who will soon be 28.
My best fathers day was 2002 in detroit. My daughter treated me to a Lou Reed concert at a small venue called St. Andys...best concert I have seen since the psychedelic sixties! Sorry no sports story here, but she did meet Al Kaline, my boyhood hero, once when I noticed him in a parking lot. (Gibralters for those who know)...A gentlemans gentleman...he actually stopped and chatted with us for a few minutes.

Bicem 06-17-2012 12:41 PM

great pics, looks like a lot of fun!

Pup6913 06-17-2012 12:45 PM

Happy fathers day everyone.

Jcfowler6 06-17-2012 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 66454

Watched my Buccos win one in Cleveland today. Happy fathers day everyone.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones 06-17-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 (Post 1004537)
Attachment 66454

Watched my Buccos win one in Cleveland today. Happy fathers day everyone.

Thank you very much Pirates!!! (from a Detroit fan)

Ladder7 06-17-2012 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Fathers Day guys (I got the dirty duty tonight)

Annual F/D car and bike show along Main St this AM. They didn't let me buy the 1970 Super Bird. But, I caught a great shot of an option I never knew existed.

Dodge w/ 45 player;

joeadcock 06-17-2012 06:49 PM

Happy Father's Day