Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pwcc? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=228924)

Manny Trillo 09-21-2016 08:49 PM

Pwcc?

Does anyone know why PWCC get so much more for their cards on eBay than other sellers of the same card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

swarmee 09-22-2016 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Trillo (Post 1587250)
Does anyone know why PWCC get so much more for their cards on eBay than other sellers of the same card?

There are a couple of theories.
1) Cards they sell are better condition for the same grade.
2) They have a devoted customer base.
3) Many ebayers do not search fixed price listings, thinking them all overpriced.
4) Since they are a consignment company, their consignors shill bid up cards and Brent and team can't catch them all. Ebay is complicit because they don't allow settlers to properly police their own auctions.

Leon 09-22-2016 07:41 AM

They are the largest advertiser on this site and probably many more. Advertising does help as well as their good reputation....

onlyvintage62 09-22-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1587305)
They are the largest advertiser on this site and probably many more. Advertising does help as well as their good reputation....

Lets face it the people who are bidding with them or for example Steve Novella are generally not looking to save a few bucks on a card for whatever reason. They want it so they are not to concerned about overpaying a little.

Rookiemonster 09-22-2016 02:27 PM

Recently I finally bid on the auctions they were having. As I was in the market
For a card that they had a few of . I was shocked by the amount of bids the card revived very early for a ten day auction .

As a card buyer I the most I'm willing to pay is current market value .
I'm not looking to over pay for anything lol. So I wait until the last
Sec to bid . I truly don't understand how is bidding before this.
I would think that everyone would like to pay a bit less if they could .
So I figured I would bid early and hard to slow down the other bidders
And bid what I thought was full market value of the card. Well I got out bid a week before the auction ended .

I ended up picking up a nicer example for less then the other sold for . It was in a new holder and has good eye appeal. But get this it was a buy it now !

irv 09-22-2016 05:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Trillo (Post 1587250)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I have purchased a lot of cards, mainly 52 Topps, from PWCC and that was because of what I have heard here about them, their selection, their trustworthiness/reputation, trouble free purchases and their usual fast shipping.

I don't really notice crazy, above average prices but most of my purchases are on cards in the 2 to 4 range and sometimes 5's if the price is right.

I will continue to purchase from them based on what I have said above.

I think they are a great run business/auction who has their act together.
Just my 2 cents.
(These just arrived today)

Neal 09-22-2016 08:24 PM

They get great stuff, no doubt. I think one reason, and there are many, that they get some higher prices is that they start at .99 - goes a long way in my book. I wish other sellers (including me at times) would have the balls to let it ride, instead of huge, sometimes ridiculous BINs.

There are of course other reasons/theories that have been discussed multiple times. So much so they really do not need advertising ... kinda like Trump not needing campaign ads :)

I bid on a lot of their items, have won a few at my comfort level, but I rarely take PWCC final hammers into consideration when I look at VCP .... go figure. I usually discount those all together, actually.

irv 09-23-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1587597)
They get great stuff, no doubt. I think one reason, and there are many, that they get some higher prices is that they start at .99 - goes a long way in my book. I wish other sellers (including me at times) would have the balls to let it ride, instead of huge, sometimes ridiculous BINs.

There are of course other reasons/theories that have been discussed multiple times. So much so they really do not need advertising ... kinda like Trump not needing campaign ads :)

I bid on a lot of their items, have won a few at my comfort level, but I rarely take PWCC final hammers into consideration when I look at VCP .... go figure. I usually discount those all together, actually.

I have noticed time and time again with sellers who set high Bins/asking prices to start an auction that very few ever get bid on.

I understand sellers doing that as they view their cards to be worth "X" number of dollars and don't want to see them go for less, but I always wonder, if they had of started their auctions at a more reasonable/lower level, would have they received more for them than what they originally started their bins/bids at? :confused: