Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Where to Park? Camden Yards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243936)

KMayUSA6060 08-21-2017 06:51 AM

Where to Park? Camden Yards

My fiancee and I are heading to the A's/O's game on Wednesday. Where is the best and safest area to park at for Camden Yards? I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg, but I'd like to see all options.

Thanks!

Nunzio11 08-21-2017 01:10 PM

Not sure where you're staying or which direction you're coming from but Lombard St and Pratt St are main east west arteries through the city. Pratt St passes in front of the inner harbor and Camden Yards. There are 4-5 garages along Lombard and Pratt between the inner harbor and Camden Yards. Event day parking will cost you $15 - $20. There will be plenty of foot traffic before and after the game along the route and a handful of bars restaurants for a beer along the way.

Take a look at google maps. If you have more specific questions let me know. I've worked downtown for about 20 years.

1952boyntoncollector 08-21-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 1692918)
My fiancee and I are heading to the A's/O's game on Wednesday. Where is the best and safest area to park at for Camden Yards? I'd rather not spend an arm and a leg, but I'd like to see all options.

Thanks!

Memorial stadium was much worse than camdem yards will ever be..especially around frisbee street..i was assaulted there so its good that you are looking for safe options

I was trying to save on parking that day..

nat 08-21-2017 05:28 PM

The light rail runs directly to the stadium. You could park near any of the stops. I think the North St. stop even has a parking lot. It's $1.70 per person/direction, and full of fans before and after games.

If you get lucky sometimes there's street parking near the hospital, but that one requires a significant amount of luck.

You could also park anywhere at all and Uber over.

BearBailey 08-21-2017 08:27 PM

Lot b is the best but need a parking pass for it. It also depends if you are spending the night, will be in the city all day, etc? But plenty of good options.

KMayUSA6060 08-21-2017 08:43 PM

Thank you for the suggestions thus far. We are actually heading to D.C. after the game, and staying there for the remainder of our vacation. So it's a relatively quick in-and-out for Baltimore.

Garage would be preferred, as well.

familytoad 08-21-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1693062)
Memorial stadium was much worse than camdem yards will ever be..especially around frisbee street..i was assaulted there so its good that you are looking for safe options

I was trying to save on parking that day..

The list of suspects probably begins and ends with a NL pitcher who pitched a no-hitter* and struck out the opposing pitcher a few times.
I kid!
I kid!;)