Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   365 Days of Roberto Clemente (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249493)

docpatlv 12-30-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1840870)
Super rare statue mike. I too have only seen 1 or 2 others. Here is one with dare I say a different paint job. Also an exhibit display piece with uncut strips including Clemente and Mantle.

Empty - ask away........

Great statue Howard! Thanks for sharing

71buc 12-31-2018 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike this has been one of my favorite threads on Net54. Thanks for sharing your amazing collection. That Tuscany statue is awsome. This is the first time I have ever seen one. I saved my most rare piece for this day for obvious reasons. I purchased it a couple of years ago and paid far too much. Nonetheless, it was produced in Venezuela and is the only one I have ever seen. Thanks again for a very fun thread. I hope you and Howard continue adding to it.

Mike

docpatlv 12-31-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 1840886)
Mike this has been one of my favorite threads on Net54. Thanks for sharing your amazing collection. That Tuscany statue is awsome. This is the first time I have ever seen one. I saved my most rare piece for this day for obvious reasons. I purchased it a couple of years ago and paid far too much. Nonetheless, it was produced in Venezuela and is the only one I have ever seen. Thanks again for a very fun thread. I hope you and Howard continue adding to it.

Mike

Hi Mike, long time, no hear. Thanks for sharing that incredible pennant! Have never seen another. I have overpaid for many things, but if it makes you smile, that’s all that matters.

docpatlv 12-31-2018 10:45 AM

Day 365

Finally made it to 365! Even though this is the end for now, I will definitely revive the thread from time to time, as I continue with the collection. I hope to see more items from Howard, Mike, rats and any others who want to share. I always enjoy seeing rare items, especially items I haven’t seen before.

I want to thank all those who contributed to the thread and for all the kind words along the way. I truly appreciate it and hope you’ve enjoyed the ride.

I started this thread with a painting my neighbor had created for me, gifted to me by my oldest daughter. And, in the hopes of not being anti-climactic, I’m going to end with another painting. While it’s no Kreindler, this was painted by me during my brief (VERY brief) attempt at “creating” Clemente art. I painted it in 2000, the fourth and final Clemente piece I did. The others were mostly laughable, but I thought this one turned out okay. So without further ado, here is my creation...

https://photos.imageevent.com/docpat...ArtworkMJP.jpg

cardinalcollector 12-31-2018 12:32 PM

Hey Doc, I just want to say thanks for a great thread for the year. I've read every post and looked at every pic, and I don't even collect Clemente.

docpatlv 12-31-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1841064)
Hey Doc, I just want to say thanks for a great thread for the year. I've read every post and looked at every pic, and I don't even collect Clemente.

Thanks Randy, much appreciated!

Mark70Z 12-31-2018 04:18 PM

Clemente

Mike,

I have very much enjoyed the ride. This past weekend I went through all of the posts “again” and had a nice time in review. Such fine Clemente items being shared with other collectors. Thanks so much for the time spent sharing your collection as well as all of the others who have added their items as well. Made for such an enjoyable year. This was a thread that I looked forward to viewing on a consistent basis; thank you.

By the way I really like your painting. That is a very cool and unique style you have there; keep it up.

I’ll look forward to other items being added periodically as well. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

JollyElm 12-31-2018 05:38 PM

Slow, building golf clap for Doc's efforts in this thread...turning into a thunderous standing ovation by year's end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

docpatlv 12-31-2018 06:14 PM

Thanks Mark & Darren, and thanks for helping breathe life into the thread at times!

hcv123 01-01-2019 02:47 PM

A few more....

6 Attachment(s)
One of these I think I may have posted before - the Youth Symphony Album - The rarest of the items ( A ticket and program are the other items) from this one day event.
Next up is the original art from Clemente's only painted Sporting News Cover. Then an uncut 1970 Kellogs sheet with CLemente and A complete corn flakes box from 1970 featuring an image of Clemente on the back.